The Kardashev Scale - Measuring the Growth of Civilization

Lately ive been obsessed with this scale and I think it's really cool as it reflects the expansive nature of creation and the drive to keep going. 

In terms of co-creation, there's a trend towards more obvious self-realization and the further unveiling of infinite intelligence and doing the currently assumed impossible. 

Here's some info on it and details, some of its taken from the wiki site:

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement, based on the total energy usage of a civilization. The scale is exponential and hypothetical and regards energy consumption on a cosmic scale. It was proposed in 1964 by Nikolai Kardashev and modified in 1973 by Carl Sagan, which is the scale we use.

This scale is measured in "Types" and with each type the energy consumption increases. 

There are 7 Types: 

Type 0 (Pre-planetary) Extracts its energy, information and raw materials solely from planetary resources, and can travel beyond its home planet. According to the scale we are Type 0.7!! We are nearing Type 1 which will be when we have access to Fusion Energy and we become further interconnected on a global scale. 

Type I (Planetary) Can use and store the equivalent of all of the energy in and reaching its home planet, and become interplanetary.

Type II (Stellar) Can harness the total energy equivalent of an entire star's output, and become interstellar.

Type III (Galactic) Can control energy equivalent on the scale of an entire galaxy, and become intergalactic.

Type IV (Universal) Can control the energy equivalent of its home universe, have instantaneous travel, and manipulate the fabric of spacetime.

Type V (Multiversal) Can escape their universe of origin and explore the multiverse, and have time travel to the future.

Type VI (Megaversal) Can exist in an infinite amount of simultaneous multiverses and instances, with unlimited spacetime travel.

Type VII (Omniversal) God-level traveler and manipulator of all universes, multiverses, and megaverses.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Info on a Type 1 Civilization (Where we are headed!) from the Wiki site: 

A Type I or K1 civilization has mastered all the energy available to their home planet, available from a neighboring star. It extracts its energy, information, and raw materials from fission and fusion power, and renewable resources; is capable of interplanetary spaceflight and communication; mega-scale planetary engineering; medical breakthroughs to eliminate disease and slow aging; multi-planetary government and interplanetary trade; species is tech augmented; but is still vulnerable to extinction. 

Michio Kaku mentioned in his book Physics of the Future: 

• Type I civilizations harvest planetary power utilizing all the sunlight that strikes their planet. They can, perhaps, harness the power of volcanoes, manipulate the weather, control earthquakes, and build cities on the ocean. All planetary power is within their control.
  • We can see the beginnings of a Type I civilization in the fact that a global language is developing (English), a global communication system is emerging (the Internet), a global economic system is in the making, and even a globalized culture is standardizing humanity (social media).
  • To achieve Type I, humanity must be able to communicate with the rest of the world and to focus on several areas: building infrastructure to facilitate communication and cooperation, education, research and development, and innovation.
  • By studying the evolution of technologies that have changed history (paper, the integrated circuit), Kaku believes that humanity is moving toward a civilization of planetary dimensions, the "starting point" of which is the Internet.
  • An advanced civilization must grow faster than the frequency of occurrence of cosmic catastrophes hostile to life, such as comet or asteroid impacts. A Type I civilization should also be able to master space travel to deflect threatening objects. It would also have to anticipate the onset of ice ages and modify the climate long before they occur to avoid them.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

This type of stuff excites me so much lol

I guess we are type 1 then. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

17 minutes ago, Reena said:

I guess we are type 1 then. 

About 0.7, maybe by the time we are nearing death we may have 0.9 with how fast we keep evolving technologically.

20 hours ago, Mandy said:

The fastest form of travel is not going anywhere. 

In a sense yea no ones going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Like the rise of "Zoom" meets. 😂

Lol I never caught on to that, genius!