13 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Egos are like crocodiles and want to win.

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

“The word gullible is not in the dictionary”. 

Can this claim be verified? Yes.

Check a dictionary and sure enough, there it is.

”There are crocodiles”.

In so far as the thought points to appearance (‘an appearance’), can it be verified? Yes. 

Go to Florida or a zoo.

”There are egos, which are / are like crocodiles”

In so far as the thought points to appearance (‘an appearance’), can it be verified? No.

Why?

Posted (edited)

@Phil See Phil now you're the crocodile coming to eat me.  See how this works?  You want to win.  This is all ego, the illusion, samsara,  It's how it works.  It's why samsara is samsara if you (or me) are attached to it.  It's the game of ego.  It's how it works.  The illusion is a set of crocodiles.  We'd have to deny the obvious not to see this.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Phil See Phil now you're the crocodile coming to eat me.  See how this works?  You want to win.  This is all ego, the illusion, samsara,  It's how it works.  It's why samsara is samsara if you (or me) are attached to it.  It's the game of ego.  It's how it works.  The illusion is a set of crocodiles.  We'd have to deny the obvious not to see this.

No, that would be misidentification, deflection, and projection. It’s the same as gullible not being in the dictionary. “There are egos “ seems to be heard and is already believed. There isn’t an ego, there aren’t egos, just like gullible is in the dictionary.

Egocentric spirituality. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Phil said:

No, that would be misidentification, deflection, and projection. It’s the same as gullible, not being in the dictionary. “There are egos “ seems to be heard and is already believed.

It's an illusion, it's not real, but it's still apparent.  Just like a mirage is apparent but not real.  The mirage is still real as an appearance.  It's noticeable in other words.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

From absolute perspective, no one is here. Now is before so called  birth. 

Nothing has never happened, and recognition of that is Nirvana. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, James123 said:

From absolute perspective, no one is here. Now is before so called  birth. 

Nothing has never happened, and recognition of that is Nirvana. 

Correct, but Phil seems to deny the noticeability of the appearance.  Even though dreams are an illusion we can still talk about the dream -- the way the dream appears.  Nobody is saying the dream is True.  This is a subtle issue and I'm glad we're discussing it here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Correct, but Phil seems to deny the noticeability of the appearance.  Even though dreams are an illusion we can still talk about the dream -- the way the dream appears.  Nobody is saying the dream is True.  This is a subtle issue and I'm glad we're discussing it here.

Denial is definitely not suggested. 
We’ll-being first, and inspection of direct experience is suggested.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Denial is definitely not suggested. 
We’ll-being first, and inspection of direct experience is suggested.

Denial of what?  You don't always make yourself clear in the first instance.  Who is denying?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

45 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Egos are like crocodiles and want to win.

Crocodiles don't want to win, they just want to eat. If you feed your pet crocodile a healthy diet it won't try to attack people randomly. Have a conversation with it, ask it what it wants. When it doesn't get to express itself it will try to pick fights with other people, but then its own expression depends on the other person's responses being satisfactory which they never will be. And that continues until you realize it doesn't need anyone as an excuse to be the awesome crocodile, and the only crocodile that can crocodile like that crocodile. Then you can go to crocodile parties and there's proper cake and tea for crocodiles and there are games and there isn't crocodile cannibalism. 

Then crocodile twister is just crocodile twister, and you aren't highly suspicious of everyone trying to one up you all the time. 

When we say relax and have fun, we aren't trying to lure you into anything. 

Youtube Channel  

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Denial of what?  You don't always make yourself clear in the first instance.  

That there isn’t a Phil.

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Denial is being projected onto a Phil. 

How could I make myself anything, when I = myself?

26 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Of course, if you want, you can speak about the illusion, which is an illusion again. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, James123 said:

Of course, if you want, you can speak about the illusion, which is an illusion again. 

Of course.  All of us are speaking in the illusion.  The Self doesn't have eyes, ears, hands, feet.  This is like mirage telling another mirage "You're a mirage."  This is hilarious.  I love this stuff.  It is funny.  Now I'm starting to get where the humor in all this comes from.  I appreciate being pushed with the enlightenment stuff.  I get it.  It's what we talk about.  I know you're as passionate about enlightenment as I am.  Tell me something you think I'm missing in enlightenment -- give me the pointer.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

15 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Of course.  All of us are speaking in the illusion.  The Self doesn't have eyes, ears, hands, feet.  This is like mirage telling another mirage "You're a mirage."  This is hilarious.  I love this stuff.  It is funny.  Now I'm starting to get where the humor in all this comes from.  I appreciate being pushed with the enlightenment stuff.  I get it.  It's what we talk about.  I know you're as passionate about enlightenment as I am.  Tell me something you think I'm missing in enlightenment -- give me the pointer.

I can't. Because you are already what you are. Just drop the knowledge you have, which is you=knowledge=thought.