16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The emotional body becomes quiet too.  Emotions are caused when the Self is seated in the body.  You've identified half of it -- when the Self is seated in the mind.

Emotions are within the so called mind too. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The body is basically the mind projecting an illusory self outward and thinking that's me and where I'm seated/situated.

When mind is quite, what happens to that body? For instance, deep sleep. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, James123 said:

Lol. 

Lol.  We're watching non-existent ego try to awaken from the illusion.  But this is Love.  Not a bad movie at all.  So long as I don't become too attached to the movie where the Self is no longer seated in the Self.  That's going to happen, but there's always a movie playing even when seated in the Self.  Out of things for the ego to be attached to/craved Awakening is probably the least toxic.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Lol.  We're watching non-existent ego try to awaken from the illusion.  But this is Love.  Not a bad movie at all.

It is unbelievable. Specially, feeling of love. I can understand really why we created reality. And knowing what we really are is amazing too. 

As @Phil say we are in great vacation. Lol

Specially, realization of what you really are is the best honeymoon/ life experience one can ever have. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, James123 said:

It is unbelievable. Specially, feeling of love. I can understand really why we created reality. And knowing what we really are is amazing too. 

As @Phil say we are in great vacation. Lol

Specially, realization of what you really are is the best honeymoon/ life experience one can ever have. 

That's Bliss.  One thing I will caution is thinking of the Self as a creator of Maya.  The mind creates Maya.  This assumes cause and effect which is of the ego.  The Self is not concerned with cause and effect.  The idea/thought that the Self is a creator is a trap.  What does the Self need to create?  That's sneaky subject-object duality.  The Self (subject) creates Maya (object).

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

45 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's Bliss.  One thing I will caution is thinking of the Self as a creator of Maya.  The mind creates Maya.  This assumes cause and effect which is of the ego.  The Self is not concerned with cause and effect.  The idea/thought that the Self is a creator is a trap.  What does the Self need to create?  That's sneaky subject-object duality.  The Self (subject) creates Maya (object).

If you are in love, maya or self doesn't matter. There is a accomilation of thoughts, which we call is creation, is amazing. I am in love with it. I just know that as a self I am a human being, but what really I am is, there is nothing there.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, James123 said:

If you are in love, maya or self doesn't matter. There is a accomilation of thoughts, which we call is creation, is amazing. I am in love with it. I just know that as a self I am a human being, but what really I am is, there is nothing there.

Realize that in the world of ego every ego wants to win -- sometimes we can come to appreciate the crocodiles that come to eat us.  It's all part of the game, even the game of spirituality.  Every ego wants to win.  That's how it works in Maya.  The key is to expect that and not take offense to that, it's a given.  The world of samara is a world of strife inherently.  Even Love has some strife to it because it's the interface/link/relation between the Masculine and the Feminine, God (the Divine/the Self) and man (the human/the ego).

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

35 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Realize that in the world of ego every ego wants to win -- sometimes we can come to appreciate the crocodiles that come to eat us.  It's all part of the game, even the game of spirituality.  Every ego wants to win.  That's how it works in Maya.  The key is to expect that and not take offense to that, it's a given.  The world of samara is a world of strife inherently.  Even Love has some strife to it because it's the interface/link/relation between the Masculine and the Feminine, God (the Divine/the Self) and man (the human/the ego).

Do you like learning?

On 5/27/2024 at 1:16 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Love of Learning is one of my top 5 strengths.

My Top 5 Strengths: (these are not in any certain order)

Bravery
Love of Learning
Curiosity
Creativity 
Perspective

Here's the Model:
https://www.viacharacter.org/character-strengths

Amazing brother. 

@Joseph Maynor

“The word gullible is not in the dictionary”. 

Can this claim be verified? Yes.

Check a dictionary and sure enough, there it is.

”There are crocodiles”.

In so far as the thought points to appearance (‘an appearance’), can it be verified? Yes. 

Go to Florida or a zoo.

”There are egos, which are / are like crocodiles”

In so far as the thought points to appearance (‘an appearance’), can it be verified? No.

Why?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

”There are egos, which are / are like crocodiles”

In so far as the thought points to appearance (‘an appearance’), can it be verified? No.

Why?

This is readily observable to me.  Observe the interactions on this forum as a microcosm.  But it works like this in all life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍