What is a thought?

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

How is awakening singular when what you can awaken to is infinite ? An absolute truth in an infinite reality?! Do you see anything not adding up here ?

You can become awake that you are God. But that's not the only awakening to be had .you can also become awake of why the sky appears blue or why worms exist. You can literally become awake about every single object in existence 😂

That's a great question but it's precisely analogous to waking up from a dream you had at night.   You wake up as God.  Being God you will have many realizations, yes.  Not just one single realization.   But also if you realize omniscience you will understand everything about reality without even thinking a single thought

6 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

But also if you realize omniscience you will understand everything about reality without even thinking a single thought

That’s right because when just one thing is known;  everything is known, because everything is one. 🫶

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Phil I dont remember you talking about your "first" (orginal..or breakthrough ..or seeing the tail of the Ox ) awakening experience..do you mind sharing

? Like where did these insights were revealed to you ?How did you discover these things ?

That would be on behalf of a self which isn’t present. That’s the answer, not a non-answer. This is apparent. I’m appearing. The sep self that has breakthroughs, awakenings, etc, is actually thoughts. The self of those thoughts isn’t present because it’s illusory, or, of thoughts.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

That would be on behalf of a self which isn’t present. That’s the answer, not a non-answer. This is apparent. I’m appearing. The sep self that has breakthroughs, awakenings, etc, is actually thoughts. The self of those thoughts isn’t present because it’s illusory, or, of thoughts.

OK.  Typical Phill response.  🙂

I once awakened in a dream .it was very vivid  I was totally immersed in it ..but I became lucid and I woke up thinking there is no real difference between dreams and reality . Its all a dream. Ta-da !!

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

I once awakened in a dream .it was very vivid  I was totally immersed in it ..but I became lucid and I woke up thinking there is no real difference between dreams and reality . Its all a dream. Ta-da !!

It must be a very robotic life that he lives.   Kind of takes the life out of living in my opinion.  I dare not ask his wife how she feels.

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

In the tortoise & the hair sense, it might be clarifying to say there was just meditation, clean diet & exercise. There wasn’t anyone listened to conceptualizing, and there wasn’t any expectation.  

10 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

It must be a very robotic life that he lives.   Kind of takes the life out of living in my opinion.  I dare not ask his wife how she feels.

Read this to her and said I’d reply whatever she says. She said ‘he’s just still asleep & bitter and so he projects that onto awakening’. 

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

A nondualist has no choice but to play two roles in life: why, because there’s no such thing as a non dualist 🤣

There is only a dualist which can never not be a dualist. 🫢😉

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Read this to her and said I’d reply whatever she says. She said ‘he’s just still asleep & bitter and so he projects that onto awakening’. 

Yeah right. 😀  there's no way she said that.   

Edited by Robed Mystic

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Jane said:

A nondualist has no choice but to play two roles in life: why, because there’s no such thing as a non dualist 🤣

There is only a dualist which can never not be a dualist. 🫢😉

Thats very true.  If you become non-dual you transcend all duality - which would have to include non-dual vs dual.  So if you actually became non-dual you wouldn't anymore.   Maybe this should be in the paradox thread 🤔

Edited by Robed Mystic

5 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

Thats very true.  If you become non-dual you transcend all duality - which would have to include non-dual vs dual.  So if you actually became non-dual you wouldn't anymore.   Maybe this should be in the paradox thread 🤔

Maybe, but then every thread in the Nondual sections of this site, are going to be paradoxical, so this might as well stay put, and save the pointless effort of migrating.