Questions about good vs evil

Someone here

@Phil hi ...I have a question....

Why is it said that reality is inherently good and benevolent?  If reality is infinite ..then how can it not be evil as well ? 

Are sickness..death ..hunger..war..Hitler etc ..are these things good .?

Leo gura says when you die you dissolve into an "ocean of infinite love"...is that true ? Why not an ocean of infinite manaic torture and pain if I reincarnated into a cow in a slaughter shop ...?

Been reflecting on these things recently. Appreciate your help 🙏

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Why is it said that reality is inherently good and benevolent? 

Because reality is inherently good and benevolent.

If reality is infinite ..then how can it not be evil as well ? 

By being infinite. 

Infinite means no finite. 

Leo gura says when you die you dissolve into an "ocean of infinite love"...is that true ?

No. 

Why not an ocean of infinite manaic torture and pain if I reincarnated into a cow in a slaughter shop ...?

The Truth.

🙏🏼 

19 hours ago, Someone here said:

Cuz obviously evil and suffering exist .

• Infinite means no finite. 
  • Nonduality means no second. 
  • Absolute means no relative. 
  • Unconditional means no conditions. 

These are clear & straightforward statements based on common easily accessible objective definitions. 

• Infinite includes all things.
  • Nonduality includes duality.
  • Absolute includes relative. 
  • Unconditional includes conditions. 

These are subjective re-contextualizations of common objective definitions. 

Corruption:

Dishonest behavior…. 

A departure from the original or from what is pure…

Transparency.org:

Corruption erodes trust, weakens democracy, hampers economic development and further exacerbates inequality, poverty, social division and the environmental crisis. Exposing corruption and holding the corrupt to account can only happen if we understand the way corruption works and the systems that enable it.

Corruption happens in the shadows, often with the help of professional enablers such as bankers, lawyers, accountants and real estate agents, opaque financial systems and anonymous shell companies that allow corruption schemes to flourish and the corrupt to launder and hide their illicit wealth.

Transparency is all about knowing who, why, what, how and how much. It means shedding light on formal and informal rules, plans, processes and actions. Transparency helps us, the public, hold all power to account for the common good (Reality is inherently good and benevolent)

Seeking and receiving information is a human right that can act as a safeguard against corruption, and increase trust in decision makers and public institutions. However, transparency is not only about making information available, but ensuring it can be easily accessed, understood and used by citizens.

https://chat.openai.com/share/fba4a48c-9c1e-44c1-9efa-fbc2c6620806

What is gaslighting, with brevity please.

Gpt:

Gaslighting is a form of manipulation where someone tries to make another person doubt their own thoughts, feelings, or perceptions, often by denying facts, changing the subject, or questioning the person's sanity.

These statements point to the fact that reality is inherently good and benevolent:

Please give an example for each as to what gaslighting would sound like.

Gpt:

Sure, here are examples of gaslighting using each concept:

Infinite means no finite:

Gaslighting:

"You're overreacting about your workload. There's an infinite amount of time to get it done. It's not a big deal."

Nonduality means no second:

Gaslighting:

"You're imagining things. There's no other perspective. You're just being paranoid."

Absolute means no relative: 

Gaslighting:

"Your feelings aren't valid. There's an absolute truth, and you're not seeing it clearly. You're just confused."

Unconditional means no conditions:

Gaslighting:

"I only criticized you because I care about you. If you were more understanding, you'd see that I'm doing this for your own good."

Human good and evil is relative but there is a Divine Good that came sometimes be communicated via emotional guidance or intuition.  You might call this the Third Eye Chakra.  It's not so simple as there ain't no good and evil.  The insights you receive are part of the Divine Good.  It's like a blessing.  The Muses sometimes will sing through you as if you're a channel.  The difference between me and a lot of you is I don't think the relative is an illusion.  The relative (human) and the Divine are One.  But without the Divine you don't know how to read these insights and realize they ain't coming from your ego -- they're coming from outside of the egoic you.  The egoic you puts the insights into speech or writing, it catches and communicates the insights that come from somewhere/someplace else.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Phil said:

These are clear & straightforward statements based on common easily accessible objective definitions. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

These are subjective re-contextualizations of common objective definitions. 

The second one is correct.  Calling it "subjective" already downgrades the integrity of the point to a mere opinion or thoughts in a thinking mind .

Do you understand that a dream is simultaneously real and illusory? 

Nonduality means there are no boundaries or twoness or otherness in existence..but if you look at existence you will find that it APPEARS finite ..Separate..divided etc. So Nonduality is true when you are in an enlightened state when you inspect and see clearly without filtering reality through the mind  ...but that's just when you are meditating or doing psychedelics or experiencing Samadhi/ ego death experience.  Meaning it's not the default. 

And in any case I don't see the direct relationship between these definitions and what I'm asking . So you have to break it down to me .

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The second one is correct.  Calling it "subjective" already downgrades the integrity of the point to a mere opinion or thoughts in a thinking mind .

The second one is not correct, is untrue & therein void of integrity, is subjective, and is opinion.

Brainwashing: To cause one to think or believe something by using methods that make a person unable to think normally.

Conjecture: An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

Do you understand that a dream is simultaneously real and illusory? 

Nonduality means no second.

No understander, no understanding, no dream, no real, no illusory.

‘Those’ would be, second.

Those are… subjective beliefs. 

Nonduality means there are no boundaries or twoness or otherness in existence..but if you look at existence you will find that it APPEARS finite… Separate..divided etc.

Nonduality just means not two, no second, no duality. 

That the term nonduality pertains to something else, such as meaning or existence -  would be duality, and again is subjective beliefs. 

So Nonduality is true when you are in an enlightened state when you inspect and see clearly without filtering reality through the mind  ...but that's just when you are meditating or doing psychedelics or experiencing Samadhi/ ego death experience.  Meaning it's not the default. 

Nonduality, not two, is the truth, is the default. 

Nonduality is not true - when - anything at all. That there is “this other time” which is not the present, when ‘you are in’ some thing - is a subjective belief. 

These are subjective opinions, subjective beliefs:

There is a separate self, a you. 

A you knows & understands, and can know & understand, what I know & understand. 

A you knows & understands there are states. 

A you can be in these states, which a you knows & understands there is. 

A you meditates.

A you does psychedelics.

A you experiences. 

A you experiences samadhi or an ego death experience.

A you, which knows & understands, knows & understands these are not thoughts, opinions, beliefs. 

The default, as it were, is aware of - those thoughts / beliefs. 

And in any case I don't see the direct relationship between these definitions and what I'm asking . So you have to break it down to me .

The definitions referred to here are common definitions:

The definitions referred to here are not definitions but are opinions, subjective beliefs:

22 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Phil hi ...I have a question....

Why is it said that reality is inherently good and benevolent? 

Because it’s true. 

If reality is infinite ..then how can it not be evil as well ? 

That infinite includes finite, is a subjective belief. 

That infinite includes finite is a subjective belief. 

Leo gura says when you die you dissolve into an "ocean of infinite love"...is that true ?

Why not an ocean of infinite manaic torture and pain if I reincarnated into a cow in a slaughter shop ...?

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Human good and evil is relative but there is a Divine Good that came sometimes be communicated via emotional guidance or intuition.  You might call this the Third Eye Chakra.  It's not so simple as there ain't no good and evil.  The insights you receive are part of the Divine Good.  It's like a blessing.  The Muses sometimes will sing through you as if you're a channel.

‘It’ is as simple as there aren’t good & evil. 

Not two is simpler than simple. 

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

The second one is not correct, is untrue & therein void of integrity, is subjective, and is opinion.

Well..let's agree to disagree then.

How on earth do you understand the word " unconditional "for instance without understanding the opposite of it "conditional "? How do you make sense of anything without its opposite ?  

When you think about the world "condition "...do you understand what that word mean ?

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nonduality means no second.

No understander, no understanding, no dream, no real, no illusory.

‘Those’ would be, second.

Those are… subjective beliefs

Lol .

You are totally delusional here .

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nonduality just means not two, no second, no duality

Nonduality is bs . 

How many testicles do you have between your legs ? Hehe 

But jokes aside .. Nonduality is relative..there is no two AND there is two at the same time .

Im honestly sick and tired of explaining this to you .

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nonduality, not two, is the truth, is the default. 

Nonduality is not true - when - anything at all. That there is “this other time” which is not the present, when ‘you are in’ some thing - is a subjective belief. 

These are subjective opinions, subjective beliefs:

There is a separate self, a you. 

A you knows & understands, and can know & understand, what I know & understand. 

A you knows & understands there are states. 

A you can be in these states, which a you knows & understands there is. 

A you meditates.

A you does psychedelics.

A you experiences. 

A you experiences samadhi or an ego death experience.

A you, which knows & understands, knows & understands these are not thoughts, opinions, beliefs. 

The default, as it were, is aware of - those thoughts / beliefs

For the 100000 times..."You " exist and not exist simultaneously.  Depending on the definition of what exactly we mean by the word "you ".

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

OK whatever. 

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Well..let's agree to disagree then.

There is no disagreement experienced ‘here’. That would be trying to bend the spoon. No thanks. 😅 

How on earth do you understand the word " unconditional "for instance without understanding the opposite of it "conditional "?

In this context, understanding is a highly manipulative & deceptive self-conceptualization. There is no one which understands anything. 

Thoughts are essentially conditions. “Understanding” is a thought. It’s the thought - understanding. 

What’s appearing as thoughts is unconditional. 

How do you make sense of anything without its opposite ?  

Easy. That is an experience of thoughts. Opposites is the only ‘flavor’ thoughts can appear as. Opposites is a thought. 

Acknowledging emotions isn’t really a “making sense of anything”. It’s more just a beginning of an end of the ignore-ance, which fully dispelled isn’t something which actually happened or is happening. 

When you think about the world "condition "...do you understand what that word mean ?

There is no thinker or understander or meaning. 

There are apparent thoughts; thinker, understander, meaning. 

If anyone were to ask a question such as, “I’m suffering & I’m tired of it!!  My life, relationships etc are not going the way I want and I’m at my wits end with why this is and what to do about it! What should I do!!!???”.

The short answer would be acknowledge emotions. 

The longer, or, progressive path answer is this: