People with a “higher” capacity of consciousness are blessed in life

I think that people who have a “higher amount”(or a stable amount:)) conscious can maintain focus for longer time and “die” less often.  As a result they have a  stronger sense of self, are less prone to manipulation or gas lighting and are much more effective in life. Additionally, a better understanding of reality(the relative reality) because of a better memory and for sure form higher “brain” capacity in time.

Edited by bardh

On 4/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, bardh said:

People with a “higher” capacity of consciousness are blessed in life.

By paradigm, I’m referring somewhat specifically to this meaning:
A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.

There is what’s referred to as ‘the materialist’s paradigm’. This is a set of seemingly shared assumptions & concepts like, ‘people have consciousness’ and or ‘people have amounts of consciousness’. Note, these are conceptual assumptions. In short, beliefs which seem true, because apparently everyone else believes the same paradigm. 

The ‘materialist paradigm’ could be viewed as one half of a paradox; that there are individual people which have consciousness, are conscious, or have amounts of consciousness. This ‘half’ of the paradox would be like believing there are individual lego people, some of which have more legos and some of which have less legos. This would not seem like a belief, because all of the lego people also believe there are lego people. Most would believe that is sane, and to question that belief is insane, or could lead to insanity. 

The ‘other half’ of this paradox could be viewed as the transcendence, or ‘seeing through the assumptions and concepts’ of, the ‘first half’ of the paradox - ‘the materialist’s paradigm’.  

In this view, there is only legos, and no people… and thus, there is no actuality or truth, that “people” have legos, at all. It is the ego which is appearing as, “people”. 

When the ‘second half’ of this paradox is seen clearly, it is also inherently seen that there never was a ‘first half’ of the paradox, because it is seen this was a concept, a belief, which was based on assumption,

Thus, in truth there is no paradox at all, and never was.  In hindsight of seeing the paradox from the transcendent viewpoint, there was just a misunderstanding. Nothing actually changes, sans the absence of the misunderstanding. The misunderstanding was of only seeing half of the paradox, and believing it, vs inspecting the assumptions, concepts, values, practices and socially shared beliefs.

When the paradox (assumptions, etc) are inspected, it is found to be only belief, and not actually fundamentally true. When this paradox is transcended, as the very transcendence of the paradox is seeing, understanding, that there are no people… there is no one who transcended anything at all. 

The Buddha referred to this misunderstanding as “ignorance”, which I take to be the ignoring of feeling, in favor of continuing to believe the assumptions, concepts etc, because in a way it’s just easier to ‘fall in line with the hurd’. However, The Buddha also explained that this ‘misunderstanding’, and non-inspection to see through this paradigm, is what suffering is.  Thus, the end of suffering is the end of the ignorance and is the end of misunderstanding. 

I think that people who have a “higher amount”(or a stable amount:)) conscious can maintain focus for longer time and “die” less often.  

As the materialist’s paradigm is riddled with assumptions and beliefs, this keeps the mind in a ‘busy’ mode, and the body mind in discord, unrest, suffering. This busyness of the mind obscures clarity & focus, just like clouds seem to obscure the clear sky. It seems as if there is not the presence of a clear sky, due to the clouds. Though of course, the actuality is that the clear sky is always present. It is the same for clarity & focus, and the busy mind of thought activity (clouds). 

I am unsure what is meant by “die less often”. 

As a result they have a  stronger sense of self, are less prone to manipulation or gas lighting and are much more effective in life.

When beliefs are inspected, they disappear. They ‘pop’ like bubbles. This feels good, because the beliefs (bubbles) are quite literally made of the eternal perfection or goodness, that you actually are. It is like the clear sky being obscured by clouds, and then the clouds blowing away one by one, revealing more and more beauty, clarity, focus and goodness. 

Indeed, ‘they’ do experience having a stronger sense of self, and are less prone to manipulation or gas lighting, and are much more effective in life. But this is not because ‘they’ have more of anything - that is the misunderstanding that is ‘the materialist’s paradigm’. ‘They’ actually have less of something, and that something is the activity of thought, that ‘busy mind’, discord, and suffering. 

Additionally, a better understanding of reality(the relative reality) because of a better memory and for sure form higher “brain” capacity in time.

This aspect is is arguably only seen for what it really is, or rather isn’t, when the entire paradox is transcended. (Again, not by anyone). Then, the very nature of unobscured clarity & focus, naturally & inherently is itself the revelation that there isn’t, and never was, “understanding”. It only paradoxically seemed like there was, because there was the apparent experience of, misunderstanding, or, ‘ignorance’.  

When what is said here registers, lands, or is grasped to some degree, to any degree - the relevance is usually - that there is a way, a path, which indeed does ‘result’ in, the end of suffering. This is usually the beginning of the undergoing of inspection of beliefs and assumptions. This is usually in conjunction with adopting the practice of daily meditation because it quiets the ‘busyness’ of the mind, making inspection all the easier, and allowing more clarity & focus into experience. 

A Path Overview, The Ten Ox Herding Pictures

Beginning Meditation

Thank you for your response. I understand that I have not a full understanding of this idea and in discussing for sure I will be butchering some definitions. Also, obviously English is not my first language, but I will try my best to clarify myself.

17 hours ago, Phil said:

The Buddha referred to this misunderstanding as “ignorance”, which I take to be the ignoring of feeling, in favor of continuing to believe the assumptions, concepts etc, because in a way it’s just easier to ‘fall in line with the hurd’. However, The Buddha also explained that this ‘misunderstanding’, and non-inspection to see through this paradigm, is what suffering is.  Thus, the end of suffering is the end of the ignorance and is the end of misunderstanding. 

18 hours ago, Phil said:

Indeed, ‘they’ do experience having a stronger sense of self, and are less prone to manipulation or gas lighting, and are much more effective in life. But this is not because ‘they’ have more of anything - that is the misunderstanding that is ‘the materialist’s paradigm’. ‘They’ actually have less of something, and that something is the activity of thought, that ‘busy mind’, discord, and suffering. 

You are saying that there is just conscious and that's it. Not one person could be experienced without there being conscious thus they wouldn't exist? Not only conscious is the common denominator in all human experience but it is actually the totality of what they are?

Just being conscious is a super casual experience and I agree when you mention the positive aspect's of life that are felt. To me this experience it also gives a super intact ownership to the ego and it makes it much more flexible and it does not feel defeated even if it loses something.  This all, is just a recent experience that happened to me (2 days ago), I noticed that I was constantly putting a self into a bubble, then I would let go of that bubble and feel conscious of the bubble and sometimes I would be full immersed within this bubble(this gave me a certain control and precision). The problem with this was that I would do this when I felt anxious, afraid, triggered(this is what I mean with "dying") and so on, but what I failed to notice was that in present another self was being produced out of this anxiety triggers. Can i say there was a discord between self's? What I did is that I let go of the bubble and try to handle things from this self was constantly produced in real time. I got super happy because the world felt more alive and definitely a different aliveness not one that I can ever explain by a third person preceptive. And secondly, I think because it has become easier to handle the world. It affected my sleep but also I was super excited to wake up in the morning. I am of course speaking here some places from a direct experience, and others from a first person or a third person experiences(from this understanding a first person and third person experience is not the direct experience, is this right?). Is this experience smth similar to transcendence? 

This allowed me to perform also while I felt anxiety. Also, to get back on what I said earlier the victories and the loses empowered me similarly. I was able to remember what happened and I what I did so learning took place which in turn has increased my confidence. I feel I don't have to create a second identity to sort of cover my feeling's, only when I feel like doing it. This is not to say that bubbles have stopped to be produced but they are much less relevant.

What about the reality outside of human experience?

I went through the meditation, I have done smth similar before but i tried it again today, there is still in the start of the mediation a bubble that moves to the body part's to relax them or notice tension, and eventually this bubble is lost, I can feel the entire body simultaneously(directly) and have the experience that I mentioned above but less dramatically because of the relaxation, but then when I try to direct attention a bubble is formed. Also, very worth mentioning is that in my experience attention is never lost it just shifts.

I have not checked the path overview but I will do it later.

Oh forgive me 🙏, some people speak of consciousness like it's this invisible thing, you're on the right track calling consciousness direct experience. 

I'd focus more on direct experience rather than thoughts about consciousness. 

In direct experience though there is no "higher capacity" still. 

Hope that clears things up.

♾️

50 minutes ago, bardh said:

Thank you for your response. I understand that I have not a full understanding of this idea and in discussing for sure I will be butchering some definitions. Also, obviously English is not my first language, but I will try my best to clarify myself.

No worries. No one understands consciousness really. 

You are saying that there is just conscious and that's it. Not one person could be experienced without there being conscious thus they wouldn't exist? Not only conscious is the common denominator in all human experience but it is actually the totality of what they are?

Consciousness. Yes. 

Just being conscious is a super casual experience and I agree when you mention the positive aspect's of life that are felt. To me this experience it also gives a super intact ownership to the ego and it makes it much more flexible and it does not feel defeated even if it loses something.  This all, is just a recent experience that happened to me (2 days ago), I noticed that I was constantly putting a self into a bubble, then I would let go of that bubble and feel conscious of the bubble and sometimes I would be full immersed within this bubble(this gave me a certain control and precision). The problem with this was that I would do this when I felt anxious, afraid, triggered(this is what I mean with "dying") and so on, but what I failed to notice was that in present another self was being produced out of this anxiety triggers. Can i say there was a discord between self's?

Yes, as in, of course those words can be said and those thoughts can be experienced.

But if you mean are there really two selves, no. Just the one infinite self, also referred to as awareness, happiness, infinity, eternity, beauty, peace and unconditional love. It this experience it was found that thinking in terms of there being two selves was an unnecessary  busy work of the mind. 

(But btw, don’t take my word for any of this. Careful not to form beliefs, gotta actually ‘see’ the ineffable undeniable Truth for yourself. I’m probably being overly cautious in saying this, but it’s worth mentioning imo.)

What I did is that I let go of the bubble and try to handle things from this self was constantly produced in real time. I got super happy because the world felt more alive and definitely a different aliveness not one that I can ever explain by a third person preceptive. And secondly, I think because it has become easier to handle the world. It affected my sleep but also I was super excited to wake up in the morning. I am of course speaking here some places from a direct experience, and others from a first person or a third person experiences(from this understanding a first person and third person experience is not the direct experience, is this right?). Is this experience smth similar to transcendence? 

If I’m understanding you accurately, then yes, this indeed sounds like an experience(s) of transcendence. Other words that come to mind which typically are used to ‘point’ to the beauty and magic of consciousness… effortlessness, streaming, flow, grace and in the zone. I like - “this peace”.  

As far as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd person… there is no experience or perspective which is not consciousness, but there is what seems to be ‘obscured’ experience, in which that grace or flow, that “super happy”, “alive”, “aliveness” doesn’t seem to be present. It (consciousness) is of course eternally ever-present, but experientially, sometimes seemed not to be.

In this experience, that seeming ‘obscuring’ of the happiness & beauty of consciousness has been the activity of thoughts or just simply, some thoughts. Mostly thoughts about there being a ‘separate me or myself’, or judgmental thoughts about a me, a person or people, and or just life in general. It was found that these thoughts, while not wrong or a problem, just didn’t jive with the love that I really am. It was also found, that thoughts which don’t match my desires feel discordant, and thoughts in line with desire really seem to open the flood gates of this peace, beauty & happiness, wether the desires were realized, as in wether ‘the stuff’ manifested or not. It seem that what we can dream of, this peace can be. So some thought, about how “it can’t be”, or “not for me though”… those kind of thoughts just didn’t match or resonate with, this peace and love that is. 

There were also experiences of anxiety, depression, being afraid and being triggered here too. Through inspection it was found it was, so to speak, what I was thinkin and or believing. There were some misunderstandings, misinterpretations and misidentification, which this peace helped me to see if you will, were just basically off in some ways. When those were inspected and ‘seen through’, alignment occurred and felt ineffably good. 

This allowed me to perform also while I felt anxiety. Also, to get back on what I said earlier the victories and the loses empowered me similarly. I was able to remember what happened and I what I did so learning took place which in turn has increased my confidence. I feel I don't have to create a second identity to sort of cover my feeling's, only when I feel like doing it. This is not to say that bubbles have stopped to be produced but they are much less relevant.

What about the reality outside of human experience?

That kind of goes back to consciousness being infinite. There isn’t an inside & outside of what is infinite. There is experientially a difference between inside and outside the spheres, but not a literal difference as again it’s all this love and peace, or just, consciousness. That difference could be said to be with & without thoughts, perception and sensation. Not imply there is a loss or lack in the absence of these experiences. Quite the contrary. An unimaginable fullness. 

Also the word ‘reality’ is like ‘existence’. It is often used to describe experience, being that of thought, perception & sensation. But upon so to speak, being outside of the spheres, reality is then seen, understood, thought of etc, as not experience (and also still as experience too). It’s hard to communicate, impossible really, but “outside” is “more real” than “inside” spheres wise. Then, in experience, there is ‘infinite mind’ in addition to the classic experience of ‘thoughts’. 

I went through the meditation, I have done smth similar before but i tried it again today, there is still in the start of the mediation a bubble that moves to the body part's to relax them or notice tension, and eventually this bubble is lost, I can feel the entire body simultaneously(directly) and have the experience that I mentioned above but less dramatically because of the relaxation, but then when I try to direct attention a bubble is formed. Also, very worth mentioning is that in my experience attention is never lost it just shifts.

I have not checked the path overview but I will do it later.

Not exactly sure what is meant by the bubble, sorry. Kinda sounds like maybe a thought, or self referential thought arises…? Like there is directly feeling… then maybe a thought about “I am feeling”… and then a bubble is formed? Not sure. 

That “dying”, I think I get what you’re saying. Maybe it’s similar or the same as when I am using the word ‘discord’. 

Btw, your English is great, and I hope you don’t mind me saying, but there is something intangible and truly remarkable vibe wise that comes through. Very beautiful. I don’t know what it is, but it is lovely. 

They are blessed.  Sometimes I feel a little jealous.  But you know what, so are you.  You're blessed, too..

How to find blessings:
Try looking around for blessings in your life because they are everywhere, right under your nose.
Waiting to be illuminated in the smallest of things.
I don't have a higher consciousness than anyone else, but I feel quite blessed in life.
Simply Look.  The sun on a leaf, an ant in the garden, a spider's web with morning dew, the happy smile of a puppy, the taste of morning coffee, things that are satisfying in nature that bring you closer to God, things that contain an illuminated presence within them that speaks to your soul.

OyrOSrG.jpg

Here's a blessing...!

@phil thank you for clarification. I am still am confused, overwhelmed, anxious, numb, unmotivated and depressed. I will not complain much longer and try to better understand you.

I have couple more questions: Is direct experience a consistent phenomena? (Will the direct experience of reality be the same all the time upon transcending) How can I know what is me (doesn't this mean that i am not me?)? How does one get to situation were there is only direct experience but beliefs about it are not made? How can i disbelieve or believe (i feel this happens on its own for me)?

On 4/14/2022 at 9:13 PM, Orb said:

@bardh nope, no flickering at all, i dont know what people even mean by consciousness. 

Seriously out of curiosity, what is consciousness to you? Is it just an empty space or something?

To say what conscious is to me i would have to know what is conscious . Since no one knows what is conscious i dont really know what conscious is to me. 

What i thought it was is that: conscious is the knowing of things. This is close to the psychology definitions but actually is still a very incomplete and unused definition by conscious scientists. 

I am noticing that i dont know shit.

However, your tip to focus on direct experience i think is legit. 

@Phil@Orbis direct experience, i am having this experience or this experience is happening? How can one get rid of the subject if the subject cannot be defined from direct experience. 

@bardh

34 minutes ago, bardh said:

@Phil@Orbis direct experience, i am having this experience or this experience is happening? How can one get rid of the subject if the subject cannot be defined from direct experience. 

Yes, direct experience is what is here, I like to use the word "real". Isn't it funny? No one actually questions what the word real points to but we use it all the time.

The subject-object thoughts are just thoughts, just noise, I'd focus on sensation or what's "real". 

Getting rid of the subject is another subject-object thought. It's a cool little trap, notice how mentioning the subject automatically makes it an object. May take some inspecting to see that idk. 

38 minutes ago, bardh said:

I am noticing that i dont know shit.

None of us do 😀

♾️

2 hours ago, bardh said:

@phil thank you for clarification. I am still am confused, overwhelmed, anxious, numb, unmotivated and depressed. I will not complain much longer and try to better understand you.

Do something enjoyable & fun. 🙂 Be sincere instead of serious. 

2 hours ago, bardh said:

I have couple more questions: Is direct experience a consistent phenomena?

Direct experience is a pointing term. It’s like saying inspect and see what is actual. It’s not really a thing or phenomena. 

2 hours ago, bardh said:

(Will the direct experience of reality be the same all the time upon transcending)

You’ll have to see. 

2 hours ago, bardh said:

How can I know what is me (doesn't this mean that i am not me?)? 

Love / be loving. 

By continuing to investigate. Start with what you already believe you are: confused, overwhelmed, anxious, numb, unmotivated and depressed. 

Use the emotional scale. Express yourself, vs continuing to label yourself. 

Whatever meaning arises, notice awareness is aware (of the meaning / thoughts). If the thought “me” arises, notice awareness is aware of that thought too. 

Daily Meditation.

Make a Dreamboard

2 hours ago, bardh said:

How does one get to situation were there is only direct experience but beliefs about it are not made?

By inspection & dispelling beliefs, and daily meditation.

2 hours ago, bardh said:

How can i disbelieve or believe (i feel this happens on its own for me)?

Yes it happens on it’s own. But everything happens on it’s own. 

Inspect & address the most relevant matters at hand, like the anxiety, rather than thinking existentially.  Look to let go of misunderstandings, vs adding knowledge or information in a ‘it will solve it’ way.  Notice you are the creator of anxiety. Notice when & how. 

@Phil @OrbUnderstanding directing experience as a pointing term is a big clarity thing for me. It makes a lot of sense! @orb I think this is what you mean with what is real and the "getting rid" of subject is still a reality represented in thought?(i butchered your comment a little bit sry :)) For me it boiled down to this clear understanding that direct experience is just a pointer which makes thought just thought.

Thank you, thank you! 

@PhilThank you for the tip on being sincere and not serious. It was a big relief when I first read it. Also, I can see how emotion's change - not sure I still don't really know how to refer my emotions to the board. I should get better in time. 

21 hours ago, Phil said:

By continuing to investigate. Start with what you already believe you are: confused, overwhelmed, anxious, numb, unmotivated and depressed. 

This is hard to understand at first but I am noticing for example what I thought as numbness is just thought getting rid of the subject! I except not all my belief's to come out what I thought them to be. 

It's not about higher or lower conciousness, but about how much distraction is clouding your conciousness. When I look back at my life, there was always the same "amount" of conciousness, but depending on how I look at life and what I fill my days with, I am more  aware than otherwise. For me, ditching concepts that didn't suit me anymore were the biggest liberation. Language and concepts are great tools to share information, but were a big roadblock for my (autistic) mind. I kinda forced myself to forget everything I ever learned and my experience of life changed. Does that make me more concious now? Nope, just a tiny bit less distracted from that what is.

Yes, I know, my post is full of concepts, and they don't exist, but until we can easily communicate telepathically, I'm afraid this is how we have to do it 🙏

I don't claim any truth. I just share my personal experience.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, bardh said:

PhilThank you for the tip on being sincere and not serious. It was a big relief when I first read it. Also, I can see how emotion's change - not sure I still don't really know how to refer my emotions to the board. I should get better in time. 

Write what you want on your board. The use the emotional scale. Notice, ‘when I think about that which I want this way, I feel this emotion… when I think about what I want this other way, I feel this other emotion’. 

@Tarak

Welcome!

54 minutes ago, Tarak said:

Yes, I know, my post is full of concepts, and they don't exist, but until we can easily communicate telepathically, I'm afraid this is how we have to do it 🙏

Iknowright!? 😅