What to inspect? How to proceed

WhiteOwl

In the Ten Ox Herding pictures in tools it says;

"

Now aware of the significance of direct experience, and the physiological benefits & feeling of alignment from the practice and inspection, a new glimpse is seen - that of the truly radical magnitude and apparent depth of conditioning.

One is becoming more acutely aware of patterns of craving, clinging & averting, and of reaction & suppression, which have thus far been unknowingly at the helm of one’s life - living as if only a gear within a greater clock that is the universe."

Is there good questions to ask universally, or is it just what comes up for you "personally".

4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

Is there good questions to ask universally, or is it just what comes up for you "personally".

Both. Yes, whatever comes up. 

What are you curious about, what do wonder about, what do you want, what do you want to know?

Maybe what is good?

My favorite is probably why does reality feel real. 

@Phil

Good is a concept. Air seems to be something you can point to, or not 😂

But some things are good, i mean preferred. Good comes out of preferences i guess. I prefer humus over chili-humus. 

So humus is good/better than chili-humus.

Edited by WhiteOwl

@WhiteOwl

It’s” is contraction. 

“It’s” = it… is.

Is ”two things are really one” (confusion) really the same as not two? 

Put another way - I am separate of consciousness. I am the finite knower, which knows / understands consciousness is finite too - and I know & understand lots of ‘finite stuff’ about finite consciousness. 

The stomach (truth, unconditionality) can not digest the beliefs (false, self referential conditions). 

Now just pop the word ‘good’ or ‘goodness’ in where the word consciousness is. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Put another way - I am separate of consciousness. I am the finite knower, which knows / understands consciousness is finite too - and I know & understand lots of ‘finite stuff’ about finite consciousness. 

You have contemplated and meditated and studied this for a long time that’s why you know how this stuff works. Isn’t it?

Sure there is no one who can actually  be pointed to, but it’s still kinda true?

maybe there just is the knowing. 

10 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

You have contemplated and meditated and studied this for a long time that’s why you know how this stuff works. Isn’t it?

No. 

Sure there is no one who can actually  be pointed to, but it’s still kinda true?

No. 

maybe there just is the knowing. 

No. 

Phil’s a distraction from the inquiry. 

@WhiteOwl

Hard & easy is one framing, and it’s subjective, so I can’t weigh in there. 

Another framing is manipulation & receiving. One is indigestible and the other is reality. 

Maybe in the vein of seeing this is reality - no one can claim doing in regard to everything keeping them alive. The air, the water & all the food. No one can rightfully claim having ‘done’ that. Yet everyone is receiving it. 

‘Putting away all doership’ is trying to bend the spoon. 

That something is choosing (to meditate) could be another great inquiry… but is also a distraction from the present inquiry. 

5 hours ago, Phil said:

It’s” is contraction. 

“It’s” = it… is.

Is ”two things are really one” (confusion) really the same as not two?

There is always not two, so no, but the belief in duality causes contraction/discord/confusion. I want to not know 🥰

..which luckily is already the case

5 hours ago, Phil said:

The stomach (truth, unconditionality) can not digest the beliefs (false, self referential conditions). 

Now just pop the word ‘good’ or ‘goodness’ in where the word consciousness is. 

Is there nothing to believe or understand about "anyone". Who would that be i guess.