I don't know what this is specifically. But I find that I don't care about others including my girlfriend. Sometimes I'm with her and I say things to her because I know it's the normal romantic stuff to say but I don't feel it. Other times I genuinely feel inspired to say nice things and stuff. 

But I feel it with friends and family, I don't care about them. I don't think to call them on their birthdays or reach out much. Maybe it's a muscle you exercise? 

With meditation and the path there's so much fullness and Love, but it makes me not care about people even more because it's like come on you are Love you don't need me to care for you.

Love is the substance of Reality, it doesn't have any particular flavor, it's that Good. 

♾️

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

Perfectly honest; truth. 

Right back into delusion. 

My little brother who looks up to me wants to call me sometimes and I don't always want to talk to him. Is that not fucked up?

♾️

i credit you for acknowledging and admitting that.  I don't think anyone entirely likes doing the things you list.  You make a good point, some of it is habitual.  The more you do it, the more you'll do it.  I care about some people, but I wouldn't consider myself highly social either.  I know what my social responsibilities are and I do them.  I try to wish people happy birthday.  I try to check in on people.  The girlfriend thing is just part of the deal when you're in a relationship.  That should make you more social on some level because you're forced to.  Part of it is the duty to love.  You have a duty to love certain people.  To expect love without giving love to these people is one of the biggest mistakes when it comes to relationships.  

Instead of trying to “love” or “hate” people try to see them as interesting or amusing.. like some mystical creatures.. approach them with curiosity.. use interactions with people to test your hypothesis/test some techniques on them.. treat them as experiments.. learn to shift and control conversations to where you want them to go

You wouldn’t believe how many gems can be hidden in each interaction once you learn to do this..

—————————

Also it seems that you feel some guilt for not caring about the people in your life - as a courtesy to that part of you that feels the guilt - why don’t you try and show some care to those people? Just to ease the guilt, wish them a happy birthday. 

Inside us there are many “personas” or “personalities”, sometimes they are conflicting with each other. A “persona” who wants to be a good boy and care for his family, a rebel persona, a wise old man persona.. often you have to give those personas what they want for them to “go away” or for you to unite.

Edited by Rose