If there are NOT levels of consciousness how do you explain this?

@Phil I´ve read you several times saying there are not 'levels of consciousness'. 

Then how do you explain that thanks to my daily energy practice (learned from a legit Guru) I experience a focus and intensity of awareness where I do not entangle myself with thought for hours. 

Depression or 'low mood/high mood' rollercoaster does not exist here. Because there is a constant focus 'outside'. The highs and lows of the thoughts do not touch me at this state of consciousness.

You will say now, there aren´t levels of consciousness, and there aren´t gurus, and there aren't energetic practices. Yet, if I stop doing the practice, in a few days, if not the first very day I won´t do it, thoughts and entanglement will come back, fast. 

So basically what I´m saying is, there seems to be a real correlation between states of consciousness and quality of experience. In other words, if there weren´t states of consciousness you wouldn´t recommend meditating. You recommend meditating because something changes in consciousness. It gets activated and aware, therefore the possibility of some freedom opens up. 

On 1/11/2024 at 3:31 PM, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

@Phil I´ve read you several times saying there are not 'levels of consciousness'. 

Then how do you explain that thanks to my daily energy practice (learned from a legit Guru) I experience a focus and intensity of awareness where I do not entangle myself with thought for hours. 

Depression or 'low mood/high mood' rollercoaster does not exist here. Because there is a constant focus 'outside'. The highs and lows of the thoughts do not touch me at this state of consciousness.

You will say now, there aren´t levels of consciousness, and there aren´t gurus, and there aren't energetic practices. Yet, if I stop doing the practice, in a few days, if not the first very day I won´t do it, thoughts and entanglement will come back, fast. 

Levels of consciousness & states of consciousness are emotional suppression - spiritual bypassing.

The body naturally releases and washes out discord as the nature of consciousness appearing as ‘the body’ is purity, innocence.

As consciousness is infinite there is no ‘other thing’ to know, nor is there a ‘knower’, as ‘that’ would be a second thing, self or entity.

As consciousness appears as the lens-sphere, ‘thoughts’ appear. Infinite, veiling itself, as itself, with itself; there seems to be ‘finite intelligence’ (thoughts). Thoughts appear, yet there isn’t anything to know about consciousness ‘in’ thoughts, for infinite consciousness, as infinite consciousness is appearing as ‘thoughts’. 

Consciousness, not knowing-ness, innocence… believes the ‘thoughts’ appearing as the lens-sphere, which consciousness is being, which is the overlooking of that consciousness is not knowing / innocence. 

The means of spiritual bypassing is essentially consciousness ‘tricking’, or molesting itself, consciousness, by purporting to be a separate finite self, which knows about and understands consciousness, such that there are levels & states of consciousness. The teaching is actually the bypassing, in that it’s based on an illusory separate self, which is really just beliefs. 

Emotion is essentially re-suppressed by the misunderstanding, misinterpretation & misidentification inherent in the concepts / teaching. The short simple answer is these are just thoughts consciousness is being, which are temporarily suppressing the true nature of consciousness, via a discordant and false identity as finite (knower, understander - not consciousness - but separate of and knowing & understanding of consciousness).

With respect to clarity, the  ‘daily energy practice’ could best be acknowledged as other-than the discordant spiritual concepts / beliefs / consciousness-conceptualization. As these discordant thoughts aren’t experienced, discord isn’t experienced, and the true nature of consciousness shines or, is un-suppressed / un-obscured. As the conceptualizations / beliefs about consciousness arise, consciousness is again obscured and the discord of the concepts, bypassing & aversion is felt.  

Pyramid schemes only work if you’re at the top. With the molestation of the innocence / not-knowing / infinitude of consciousness, being perceived (thought of really) via convincing conjecture and presumption as at the top will do. 

So basically what I´m saying is, there seems to be a real correlation between states of consciousness and quality of experience. In other words, if there weren´t states of consciousness you wouldn´t recommend meditating.

Consciousness, in being the spheres, overlooks it’s own inherent eternal infinitude & unconditionally, and presumes itself to be a separate finite self, body or person, and the world-sphere to be a separate world of material objects and other separate selves, and it seems therein there is a separate self which recommends meditation. 

You recommend meditating because something changes in consciousness. It gets activated and aware, therefore the possibility of some freedom opens up. 

Meditation, and the energy practice are essentially other-than the discordant beliefs, other than the conceptualizations of consciousness. Consciousness is already unchanging, free, infinite potentiality. Conceptualizations only obscure, suppress, and bypass the truth. 

2 hours ago, ConsciousDreamer666 said:

So basically what I´m saying is, there seems to be a real correlation between states of consciousness and quality of experience. In other words, if there weren´t states of consciousness you wouldn´t recommend meditating. You recommend meditating because something changes in consciousness. It gets activated and aware, therefore the possibility of some freedom opens up. 

You can only recognize when you get into timelessness, nowhere, being no one without any effort.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I prefer to think of awareness as discovering one thing, but in addition, one can do ego development work. I don't like the word consciousness. But then you should be able to transcend this story too without burning all the books.  Knowledge about the human and Divine can be attained, and one can work on ego development as much as they want to (or want to think they are).  It's like anything else, what is worked on is what is improved (sometimes).  Knowledge of the Divine is called Jnana or higher knowledge in Indian Philosophy/Spirituality.  So you can work on the Divine too.  You deepen your spirituality by exploring and revisiting it.  And then you also realize too when it's time to empty your cup and do a core dump with all your precious words, stories, and theories that are actually weighing you down.  It's time to become born again and shed a skin and realize awareness is there through all of these changing scenes and intentions.  We can create anew too.

Edited by Joseph Maynor