What is Consciousness? (Video)

Great video. Consciousness in the way it's being explained here seems to be synonymous with the Lens analogy shared by Phil. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Awesome. The lens isn’t an analogy btw.

Dude I  literally had a vision that you'd say that. 😂

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Awesome. The lens isn’t an analogy btw. A magnifying glass is analogous. The lens is what seems often conceptualized as peripheral vision or a my face. 

In my experience I'd say it's a concentrated sense of "knowing". And it appears as thought. It's quite blissful at times. Like I can zoom in on the thoughts arising sometimes and just feel the substance it's made of. Essentially experiencing the lens without bubbles.