A Prayer

Reena

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

What else can you share about your experience? Nothing more to plenty more is fine. There’s no right or wrong. What else, if anything?

Nothing more than what I described. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

12 minutes ago, Reena said:

It's like an intuitive feeling.

I can feel children losing their families.

No electricity or water.

No food.

They are barely able to live.

Meanwhile nobody is giving a damn that they might die.

Distinctions with respect to direct experience vs conceptualizations, and clarity therein, can at first seem trivial, semantical, sarcastic or similar. It can even, initially, seem inhumane. If it seems so, please know there’s no intention of these sentiments here, and note it, but don’t ‘go there’ as well. 

Let’s be quite literal. I can feel children such as when checking one’s temperature or giving a hug. Yet, I can not watch a movie and feel children which are the movie appearing on the screen. There’s more to this, but let’s keep it simple. 

Is your experience the same?

Is direct experience that of feeling, as in the presence of… and also… thoughts arising. Concerns, on behalf of the children effected? As opposed to (staying quite literal), someone feeling, someone else, such as the children mentioned?

Likewise, are thoughts arising, such as ‘no electricity or water’, ‘no food’, ‘barely able to live’, and ‘nobody is giving a damn’… 

or are these actually, in direct experience, and felt? 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Likewise, are thoughts arising, such as ‘no electricity or water’, ‘no food’, ‘barely able to live’, and ‘nobody is giving a damn’… 

or are these actually, in direct experience, and felt? 

I cannot really tell. I don't have all the answers. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

7 minutes ago, Reena said:

I cannot really tell. I don't have all the answers. 

What’s the implication ‘behind’ that?

Maybe a notion someone else ‘has answers’?

Maybe an emotion has arisen, in regard to continuing to inspect direct experience and realize distinctions there in?

Maybe something more intimate, more personal (no implication that needs to be shared) is coming ‘up & out’?

Maybe a notion something will, could, or might happen which is unwanted, unfavorable?

Maybe more simple, as in an assumption arose that there would be a logical or rational answer in regard to direct experience?

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Maybe a notion something will, could, or might happen which is unwanted, unfavorable?

Yea that more people will die. 

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

Investigation of direct experience, emotion of fear & topic of death naturally arises? 

Yes definitely

17 minutes ago, Reena said:

Yes definitely

That’s ok. You’re ok. 🤍 I’m enjoying the conversation & hope you are as well. It’s not ‘an everyday convo’ and can be challenging. 

It’s natural. There’s nothing wrong with it in any way. 

Taking deep, relaxing breaths?

Allowing the body to de-contract? 

’Being where you are’?

Allowing and welcoming whatever’s arising to be felt & acknowledged?

My ‘hope’ in terms of reality, is you feel, wether a little or a lot, but nonetheless more… of your true strength, and innate peacefulness. Often this is deeply felt after allowing, and therein releasing, what arises. 

I’d love to continue on with scrutinizing direct experience, but there’s no rush. No ‘fire to put out’ as they say. ☺️

Perhaps the most resonating word I’ve heard when it comes to the ‘up & out’, is openness. 

I love how Rupert Spira puts it - taking your stand as awareness. 

Allowing in - sincerely welcoming in - whatever arises, clarifies in feeling, in a way words & thoughts can not, that you are  infinitely vast & unconditional, infinitely ‘bigger’ than any arising phenomenon such as thoughts, sensation & emotions.

Allowing whatever’s arising can seem very counterintuitive initially. The ‘grip’ of aversion, of reacting, of ‘needing’ something to help, to cope or what have you can indeed be a very strong ‘pull’. I’ve found the key is bringing attention back to feeling deep stomach breaths, and looking around, noting the familiarity of the things & room, and ‘being where you are’.  

While the Middle East situation is obviously difficult many ways over, I think it’s Good that you are talking about it, and that it has perhaps shed a little light on direct experience. I can’t help but suspect a lot of dots will be connecting for you in coming days, weeks, months and well beyond. There’s certainly no rush. 🙏🏻