I Dont Know where Thoughts are Coming from, but Its Certainly not this Body/Mind

Orb

"You are not the thinker."

So simple, so straightforward. 

Thought is coming from the "outside" not inside, and not even the outside.

What seems like insanity is sanity. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Thoughts are heard or received. It's like all the thoughts are arising but it's not me. Is this craziness? This seems like the most sane shit ever but the ego/collective ego makes this seem like craziness. 

The thoughts are outside, almost as if they are coming into the sphere and there's the ability to acknowledge the thought or not. 

Like if your mom calls your name from the kitchen while youre playing video games you can ignore her calls right? "Orb! Orb! Dinners ready!"

There's a clear recognition that those words - that thought- isn't you. 

The same is the case for thoughts arising right now.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

MindBlown.gif

I was listening to a piece of nisargaddatas writings on YouTube and he said exactly what was being pointed to in the OP! 

Essentially (a paraphrased version): "What you think is inside you is actually outside you (not identifying with thought), what you think is outside you is actually inside you (the spheres)".

Also, thoughts aren't generated or as Phil has mentioned: thunk. 

Thoughts are received.

23 hours ago, Orb said:

Thoughts are heard or received. It's like all the thoughts are arising but it's not me. Is this craziness? This seems like the most sane shit ever but the ego/collective ego makes this seem like craziness. 

The thoughts are outside, almost as if they are coming into the sphere and there's the ability to acknowledge the thought or not. 

Like if your mom calls your name from the kitchen while youre playing video games you can ignore her calls right? "Orb! Orb! Dinners ready!"

There's a clear recognition that those words - that thought- isn't you. 

The same is the case for thoughts arising right now.

Does everybody on this forum live with their mother??

6 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Thoughts are generated by the brain.@Orb

Thoughts are received. The belief that they are generated by a brain in a human reinforces the separate self belief. And also is a way to perpetuate the separate self thought.

@Alexander the aim of the game here is to disidentify with thoughts. 

Not to battle with one set of beliefs vs another. 

2 minutes ago, Orb said:

Thoughts are received. The belief that they are generated by a brain in a human reinforces the separate self belief. And also is a way to perpetuate the separate self thought.

Why can't I "receive" your  thoughts but just my own.It's because we have 2 separate brains and yes we are 2 separated individuals.

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Why can't I "receive" your  thoughts but just my own.It's because we have 2 separate brains and yes we are 2 separated individuals.

Thoughts are received. Thoughts, not "my thoughts" or "your thoughts". 

Just thoughts. See in direct experience, thoughts just come outta nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Thoughts help me navigate life.

Disidentify, not destroy. 

Thoughts are amazing. Identification is suffering.