Types of people to keep a safe distance from

Always keep a distance from them

Not every person in our life adds value to our life journey. There are many who are nothing but uber toxic and it is suggested that you first recognise them and then maintain a distance from them. Maintaining healthy relationships and protecting your own well-being is essential. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

82tuix.gifToxic individuals

Toxic people are those who consistently bring negativity into your life. They may be critical, manipulative, or emotionally draining. It's essential to distance yourself from these individuals to protect your own mental and emotional health.

82trci.gifManipulators

Manipulative people are skilled at making you do things against your will or better judgment. They can be deceitful and controlling. Maintaining a safe distance from manipulators is crucial to maintain your autonomy and self-esteem.

82twfa.gifChronic liars

People who habitually lie and are dishonest can damage your trust and peace of mind. It's challenging to have healthy relationships with those who constantly deceive you. Recognizing chronic liars and keeping your distance is wise.

82tuqa.gifNarcissists

Narcissistic individuals are self-centered and often lack empathy for others. They can be manipulative, emotionally abusive, and demanding. Avoiding close contact with narcissists can protect your self-worth and mental health.

82tuvr.gifEnergy drainers

Some people consistently drain your energy with their negativity and pessimism. They may complain constantly and bring you down. Keeping a safe distance from energy drainers is necessary to maintain your own positive outlook.

82tv2y.gifDrama seekers

Drama seekers thrive on chaos and conflict, and they often drag others into their tumultuous situations. Engaging with drama seekers can disrupt your peace and well-being. It's essential to limit your involvement with these individuals.

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 10/17/2023 at 11:31 PM, Reena said:

82tuix.gifToxic individuals

Toxic people are those who consistently bring negativity into your life. They may be critical, manipulative, or emotionally draining. It's essential to distance yourself from these individuals to protect your own mental and emotional health.

82trci.gifManipulators

Manipulative people are skilled at making you do things against your will or better judgment. They can be deceitful and controlling. Maintaining a safe distance from manipulators is crucial to maintain your autonomy and self-esteem.

82twfa.gifChronic liars

People who habitually lie and are dishonest can damage your trust and peace of mind. It's challenging to have healthy relationships with those who constantly deceive you. Recognizing chronic liars and keeping your distance is wise.

82tuqa.gifNarcissists

Narcissistic individuals are self-centered and often lack empathy for others. They can be manipulative, emotionally abusive, and demanding. Avoiding close contact with narcissists can protect your self-worth and mental health.

82tuvr.gifEnergy drainers

Some people consistently drain your energy with their negativity and pessimism. They may complain constantly and bring you down. Keeping a safe distance from energy drainers is necessary to maintain your own positive outlook.

82tv2y.gifDrama seekers

Drama seekers thrive on chaos and conflict, and they often drag others into their tumultuous situations. Engaging with drama seekers can disrupt your peace and well-being. It's essential to limit your involvement with these individuals.

Great list!  Here's a list I made for people to have a win-win relation with.

20 Qualities of a good social relationship: (written by me)

1.  Safe to relate with
2.  Clean (lack of any deep regrets, violations, or baggage in the relationship)
3.  Fun (make you feel good when you spend time with them)
4.  Responsible (doesn't do things that even risk harming the relationship)
5.  Trust
6.  Growth potential (being in the relationship makes you feel like you're growing)
7.  Collaborative (you work together as equals who are also a win-win team) 
8.  Synergy potential
9.  Responsibility (acts like an responsible adult and looks after everyone including themselves)
10.  Support to be better individuals
11.  Respect (doesn't do things that even risk harming the relationship)
12.  Encourages healthy time away from each other
13.  No codependence (you both retain your independence and personal responsibility in the relationship)
14.  Kindness
15.  No Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Criticism, contempt, stonewalling, defensiveness
16.  Empathetic (Narcissists tend to fall short on this one)
17.  Has integrity
18.  Head Screwed on Tight (No crazy thinking or emotions or mood swings)
19.  At least one strong thing in common (worldview, value, hobby, community, etc.)
20.  Has Integrity to Health-engendering values (has a positive and empowered/empowering outlook on life.)

As much as you might feel empathetic and like someone or love someone, if they're not safe to relate with for you, you should stay away from them, or at least keep some healthy distance from them.  You definitely don't want to be intimately involved with them.

One of the things I learned is to not let people who habitually steal happiness take any of mine. You just have to say you can keep that, I'm not touching that. Not everyone is a healthy source of social relation. We're led to believe we need to accept everyone, but that shows the limits of that kind of openness. It's perfectly reasonable to decide not to engage with or even look at what someone else is doing. You're doing it to maintain your own happiness which is good enough reason. I like the blocking option for this reason. If they're not in your experience, problem solved on your end.

Edited by Joseph Maynor