Lesser known health realizations

What are some lesser known health realizations?

Some from me

Don't overwash, washing is only good if something is dirty, religious washing daily with soap strips oil and good bacteria from your skin and hair 

Chew your food more, digestion starts in the mouth, chewing releases enzymes for digestion, you will absorb more nutrients and have better digestion, and it's good for your teeth and also face muscles.

Face yoga, check it out

Breath deeper, all the way from your pelvic floor, this has psychological calming effect which also transcends into physiology, 

Fat loss is most in sustained rather than short high intensity excercise, eating good fats helps with fat loss.

I have no scientific or expert information on this, I just did this on my own but I like laying flat on the floor with no pillow, I feel better alignment with my spine this way, pillow and soft mattress sleeping makes me feel like I fall out of alignment, I actually like sleeping in the DaVinci pose occasionally, it feels really good, like passive yoga.

Walking barefoot or minimalist shoes or flip flops feel really good to me and some experts say modern footwear throw our entire alignment out of whack.

Hanging from a pullup bar seems good for stretching and alignment, an engaged slightly active hang though, a purely passive hang can mess with the shoulder.

Gardening your own food seems a 1,000 times healthier, grocery food even produce seems off to me. Canning is easy and enjoyable by the way.

Open your windows in your home, unless you live in a polluted area a home interior with all the manufactured stuff is far more polluted air than outdoor air. Get outside more too obviously, do your yoga and meditation, reading, napping, etc., outside if you can, go to a park if need be.

I think spending time in the cold and heat is good, it seems to promote deeper circulation. I highly recommend winter camping, it is amazing not just physically but psychologically.

Edited by Devin

Might be more along the lines of well being than health but what comes to mind…

Essentially the ‘do nothing’ practice for the first and last hour of everyday. Reality’s still happening just the same. It’s not sitting and doing nothing, it’s just, nothing’s being done / no one’s doing anything. 

Cold water on the face just after getting up in the morning followed by appreciation and or loving. Not an effort in any way, just some kind of sincere expression. Could be for anyone or anything, verbal or even just thought / alignment. 

I second the deep breathing from the pelvic floor. That’s so simple and so effective it’s nuts. Also breathing into specific muscles when stretching and feeling the release of the muscle. 

Getting outside. Most of my work is on a computer & some days are long in that regard, sometimes 14 or more hours, but I get outside several times everyday, rain, sun or snow. In addition, whenever I am working at the computer, I’m relaxing deeper & deeper inside, down to the bones / bliss. 

Also Reiki… the symbols & ‘turning on the energy’ starting in the palms. So connective, aligning and joyful. It makes blue & orange activities & interactions all turquoise, if that makes any sense.  

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

Might be more along the lines of well being than health but what comes to mind…

Essentially the ‘do nothing’ practice for the first and last hour of everyday. Reality’s still happening just the same. It’s not sitting and doing nothing, it’s just, nothing’s being done / no one’s doing anything. 

Cold water on the face just after getting up in the morning followed by appreciation and or loving. Not an effort in any way, just some kind of sincere expression. Could be for anyone or anything, verbal or even just thought / alignment. 

I second the deep breathing from the pelvic floor. That’s so simple and so effective it’s nuts. Also breathing into specific muscles when stretching and feeling the release of the muscle. 

Getting outside. Most of my work is on a computer & some days are long in that regard, sometimes 14 or more hours, but I get outside several times everyday, rain, sun or snow. In addition, whenever I am working at the computer, I’m relaxing deeper & deeper inside, down to the bones / bliss. 

Also Reiki… the symbols & ‘turning on the energy’ starting in the palms. So connective, aligning and joyful. It makes blue & orange activities & interactions all turquoise, if that makes any sense.  

I really don't think it's because I'm extra emotional right now but this is more gold Phil, thanks.

What a great thread!

Before you go to sleep at night think of three awesome things about the day.

Dance, do some kind of exercise where you put your arms in the air for no reason. 😂 Seems to align the whole body in the least rigid way possible. 

You can eat WAY more raw fruits and vegetables than you'd think you could handle even if you have gut of digestive issues, as long as you cut out the processed inflammatory stuff. Most people blame the wrong thing, when the fruit of veggies was just clearing out what was there. They aren't hard to digest, they're the most efficient. Papayas are perhaps the very best healing food for digestive issues.

Foraging for wild foods has enormous benefits we haven't even discovered yet. 

Plants are abundant and have far more healing potential than we recognize,  the more you learn about this the more you attract them to you so to speak. It turns out that a lot of stuff that just grows wild is very healing, whether used as food of medicine or salves. We don't have to cultivate, manufacture and plant nearly as much as we think. 

Youtube Channel  

Nice thread. ✍️🗒️

The do-nothing really lights and eases everything up.

12 hours ago, Mandy said:

Before you go to sleep at night think of three awesome things about the day.

Really good practice also.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:59 AM, Devin said:

Walking barefoot or minimalist shoes

I wish it would be more socially accepted to wear that. Not possible for me right now 🤭

6 minutes ago, WhiteOwl said:

I wish it would be more socially accepted to wear that. Not possible for me right now 🤭

Have you checked out some vivobarefoot shoes?

Vivobarefoot Gobi III, Mens Lace Up Desert Boot With Barefoot Sole https://a.co/d/5EkwJqZ

These are on my list for next trail running shoe, but I like the look as a normal tennis shoe even.

Vivobarefoot Primus Trail II FG, Mens Recycled Off-Road Shoe with Barefoot Firm Ground Sole https://a.co/d/bl0Fg6Y

Edited by Devin