Working out (revenge)

fopylo

I hate being bullied.

I hate being seen as a weaker person and that someone else feels superior than me.

The solution is to work out and become very strong so that the person who thinks is above me will stop treating me like a little child. Time to educate him about who I am.

Perhaps learning how to fight/box would make me a much deadlier weapon, and will upper my social rank (among the guys).

I don't feel like proving anything but it always turns out that I do. Yeah, I know, I feel hatred and revenge.

Yeah, I feel that heat in my head and stomach and throat contracted.

I feel it @Phil

I am sure I'm not the only guy who feels that way and finds solution in working out. This is an easy gateway for lots of men. It certainly does play a big role in social structures among young men. I mean, not all, but it really really fucking sucks feeling like you're treated like a child and not like a respected man. Insecurity, jealousy, hatred, revenge - all that shit. It's a mess, but all I want is to feel present in my body and speak the truth, especially in social interactions, without fear. Fuck

@fopylo

Here’s some (recently revised) resources that might be helpful & insightful.

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/what-is-deflection

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/what-is-projection

A very clarifying statement which can take a bit to recognize in direct experience; ‘whatever is perceived can not be perceiving’. 

When it is seen, it is very liberating. 

You’re not being seen as a weaker person, or experiencing that someone feels superior to you. You’re experiencing these thoughts / interpretations, and how they feel. That, in & of itself, based on what you shared is not bullying. It’s deflection & projection. Please give the links a read. 

Therein the solution isn’t physical conditioning but is more along the lines of introspecting and seeing more of what is direct experience and what is conceptual / aversion. But that’s not to say there’s actually a problem, or that fitness & strengthening aren’t healthy aligned enjoyable activities.

As far as becoming a deadlier weapon, you might seek out therapy as that sounds like a precursor to violence and harm which stands to derail your life. 

Social rank is a mental self referential comparative narrative. It’s not in perception, not real, and likely feels very discordant to believe and act or behave in accordance with those thoughts. Again, please give the links a read.

Learning how to fight / box imo is great for fitness, coordination, and may have uplifting effects in terms of confidence & self esteem. If you never read The Six Pillars, I again suggest giving it a read. It seems to be the most well known and positively reviewed & effective book along these lines.

I wouldn’t trivialize the difference between ‘I hate’ and ‘I’m experiencing the emotion hatred’, because the difference therein is clarity as compared to suffering (such as the ‘heat’ / discord / contraction / dis-ease you mentioned).

Weird as it might initially sound - you actually are the only one which experiences suffering. This might seem like a “radical” thing to say, but notice the simple truth in direct experience whenever you’re talking with someone. Suffering is always a table for one. It could be absolutely true that no one experiences suffering but you.

I don’t see the connection of the dots as to how working out is related to or brings any resolve to this. I don’t think that actually works for anyone. I think people believe it will, but it doesn’t pan out. I’m familiar with & enjoy the many benefits of fitness, but I don’t see it as a solution to any problems. I suggest that plays as big of a role in social structures as you believe it does, but no more. Sans your social structure being that of likeminded people who imo also stand to benefit greatly from the information in those links. Similarly, ‘treated like a child’ is a discordant interpretation, a victim mindset which is a deflection & projection.

The surest way to perpetuate fear is aversion, or, the mindset of trying to be without it. The surest way to be without it, is to be with it. To feel it fully, to receive the message in regard to these thoughts and interpretations, and how they feel and why.

Love is not a duality.  Fear is an emotion. Emotions are not things. Emotions are how thoughts & interpretations feel. Overall - imho, put feeling great above being right. 

Keep the monthly Zoom calls in mind brother. They’re free, and way more communicative than text. Simply attending can be a big help with avoiding vulnerability. 

I don't know about your situation, when we're younger that tends to be the solution, but just remember when you get older and in more control of your life you more easily control who is in your life and can pretty much exclude everyone like that quite well, it's never happened to me but a stranger could obviously come up and start something but you can just leave 99% of those times.

On 7/30/2023 at 12:20 PM, fopylo said:

I hate being bullied.

I hate being seen as a weaker person and that someone else feels superior than me.

The solution is to work out and become very strong so that the person who thinks is above me will stop treating me like a little child. Time to educate him about who I am.

Perhaps learning how to fight/box would make me a much deadlier weapon, and will upper my social rank (among the guys).

I don't feel like proving anything but it always turns out that I do. Yeah, I know, I feel hatred and revenge.

Yeah, I feel that heat in my head and stomach and throat contracted.

I feel it @Phil

I am sure I'm not the only guy who feels that way and finds solution in working out. This is an easy gateway for lots of men. It certainly does play a big role in social structures among young men. I mean, not all, but it really really fucking sucks feeling like you're treated like a child and not like a respected man. Insecurity, jealousy, hatred, revenge - all that shit. It's a mess, but all I want is to feel present in my body and speak the truth, especially in social interactions, without fear. Fuck

To defend equality it doesn't require proving oneself inferior or superior to anything when living is just mutually separating everything universally specifically here now as unique one of a kind events sharing space simultaneously forward since arriving spontaneously here having become a replacement of what existed so far.

@Phil

On 7/31/2023 at 4:30 AM, Phil said:

Please give the links a read. 

I'll give them a read.

Learning how to fight / box imo is great for fitness, coordination, and may have uplifting effects in terms of confidence & self esteem. If you never read The Six Pillars, I again suggest giving it a read. It seems to be the most well known and positively reviewed & effective book along these lines.

You think learning to fight correlates with higher confidence?

Did you read the book?

Keep the monthly Zoom calls in mind brother. They’re free, and way more communicative than text. Simply attending can be a big help with avoiding vulnerability. 

I don't even know when you have them..

37 minutes ago, fopylo said:

Did you read the book?

No.

38 minutes ago, fopylo said:

You think learning to fight correlates with higher confidence?

No. But it might stand to dispel internalized beliefs about needing confidence.

The word confidence originally meant belief in the good will of another. Somewhere down the line it seems the collective connotation changed to that of something someone does or doesn’t have or needs to acquire, become or develop. 

43 minutes ago, fopylo said:

I don't even know when you have them..

Last weekend of every month. 7pm eastern Fri & noon eastern Sat. You are always welcomed my friend. The dates are also in the Events tab at the top of the forum, and  it translates it to your time zone. 

@Devin

Doesn't it sound kinda sad, knowing that at some point in life you're no longer part of some framework/setting?

There is something cool about having a bunch of people together for some time period. Thing sound depressing when you become a working citizen.@solereproduction bro add some punctuation. I don't understand what you're really trying to say with all of those fancy words

10 hours ago, fopylo said:

@Devin

Doesn't it sound kinda sad, knowing that at some point in life you're no longer part of some framework/setting?

There is something cool about having a bunch of people together for some time period. Thing sound depressing when you become a working citizen.

You can build a framework of friends and acquaintances, and join some.

18 hours ago, fopylo said:

@solereproduction bro add some punctuation. I don't understand what you're really trying to say with all of those fancy words

What fancy words. Common vocabulary in English language not used much.

As for punctuation, I am not separating space from time on intellectual planes outside evolving here in plain sight. Genetics does that naturally leaving any reproduction native to its original atmosphere anywhere universally present in its generation gap lived or living.