How to have good intuition

Kevin

I was reading Mandy’s posts in the thread about worthiness. Certain things that were said really resonated. Then I realized that when I come on here I’ll read certain posts that resonate. Stuff will just land and I’ll get this good positive feeling. However at the moment my current focus and experience is much more relating to objectification and other discordant topics.

Basically I want wisdom and inspiration to arise internally. I don’t want to have to come here for little hits of it. I want to share it.

However what seems to be arising is objectification of myself and of others as a potential source of fulfillment. And what’s crazy is that it really seems like that’s how it is. But I know it can’t be because I don’t feel good about it.

I guess I’m at an impasse because I have a model of relating to others and romantic relationships and what women want. But none of that is working. It’s clearly not working at all. I don’t know what women want. And believing that happiness is coming from relationships isn’t working. People pleasing isn’t working.

I wish that there was more love and wisdom in my heart to share but right now it seems focus is on what is not working.

sorry if this post is all over the place. I’m just trying to express how I’m feeling

The longest day of the year is a few days away, yet the hottest part of summer has yet to come. Why? Momentum. The light is already there, the work is already done, know it's done, stop noticing that it's not, just let it become and unfold. You've already turned towards the light. Have patience for yourself. 

Youtube Channel  

Intuition is like an inner voice which is already good and already present and already unconditionally interested in communion. It just gets obscured or overlooked by common busyness &  the activity of thought. So the way to connect & hear is meditatively. That could be daily & formally, and it could also be just sitting in a recliner or a lawn chair and not doing anything. The biggest hurdle is really just setting some time aside in which you’re not doing anything else. Some time without distraction, screens, thoughts about what you did or have to do, etc. Just simply being here now, as you already are. Take some deep breaths & relax and bring attention inwardly to feeling. 

I like the word trust for intuition. Sitting comfortably after a few minutes or so of not doing anything else… just bring to mind thoughts that you do trust intuition. No why’s, no how’s, no what’s - simply that you do - trust intuition. You will likely feel some goodness just from how that thought resonates already. That’s the intuition arising, as it does, whenever welcomed. Bring similar thoughts to mind about intuition. That you respect it. That you appreciate it. That it is indeed welcomed. That it is wanted. That it is guidance. 

Then there is hearing what it has to say. I prefer simple and direct. I use an ipad. I just type a question, and then relax, breathe, be present and essentially enjoy the moment. Then a thought arises. At first it’ll probably seem like any other thought. The more you spend time with intuition, the clearer the difference gets between the activity of thought, and receiving thoughts. You will know by how it feels, and you will be very glad you welcomed it into your life. 

19 hours ago, Mandy said:

The longest day of the year is a few days away, yet the hottest part of summer has yet to come. Why? Momentum. The light is already there, the work is already done, know it's done, stop noticing that it's not, just let it become and unfold. You've already turned towards the light. Have patience for yourself. 

Thanks Mandy. Makes sense. I just watched your 2 most recent videos. They felt very relevant and instightful.

20 hours ago, Phil said:

Intuition is like an inner voice which is already good and already present and already unconditionally interested in communion. It just gets obscured or overlooked by common busyness &  the activity of thought. So the way to connect & hear is meditatively. That could be daily & formally, and it could also be just sitting in a recliner or a lawn chair and not doing anything. The biggest hurdle is really just setting some time aside in which you’re not doing anything else. Some time without distraction, screens, thoughts about what you did or have to do, etc. Just simply being here now, as you already are. Take some deep breaths & relax and bring attention inwardly to feeling. 

I like the word trust for intuition. Sitting comfortably after a few minutes or so of not doing anything else… just bring to mind thoughts that you do trust intuition. No why’s, no how’s, no what’s - simply that you do - trust intuition. You will likely feel some goodness just from how that thought resonates already. That’s the intuition arising, as it does, whenever welcomed. Bring similar thoughts to mind about intuition. That you respect it. That you appreciate it. That it is indeed welcomed. That it is wanted. That it is guidance. 

Then there is hearing what it has to say. I prefer simple and direct. I use an ipad. I just type a question, and then relax, breathe, be present and essentially enjoy the moment. Then a thought arises. At first it’ll probably seem like any other thought. The more you spend time with intuition, the clearer the difference gets between the activity of thought, and receiving thoughts. You will know by how it feels, and you will be very glad you welcomed it into your life. 

Thanks Phil. Certainly the biggest hurdle at the moment is actually sitting down and taking a break from the thoughts. Also

Edited by Kevin