A Suggestion

Rather than asking for whatever situation you see yourself in to change, ask to see it differently.

"I don't ask for this situation to change. I ask to see how the Holy Spirit sees it."

or

"I don't ask for this situation to change. I ask to see it in the light of the Truth."

or

"I don't ask for this situation to change. I ask to see correctly."

or even

"I don't ask for this situation to change. I ask to see it how the Buddha / Jesus / Love / etc. sees it."

Or if you're a Hicks fan... "I ask to see it as Abraham sees it."

Do this, and if there is even the tiniest authenticity to the asking, it will be answered pretty much instantaneously. Why wouldn't it be? Sight is always prior to.

A thought may arise, "I can't ask that authentically enough." "I can't surrender my desire for the situation to change." etc.

You can! The only "problem" is, you don't notice it just yet. But you will eventually.

Oh... And ask not to change that situation, ask to see it in the light of the Truth. 🙂

Train the muscle bit by bit.

Peace ✌️

There must be an effortless way.

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

That's just a coping mechanism . A strategy to avoid bad experiences and bad emotions. 

What I meant by "asking" was basically the thought "I wish this/that thing would change" or even "I ask God to change this/that situation." That is coping IMO.

Asking / intending to see in the light of Truth is the opposite of coping. Maybe it could be said that it's quite literally what "spirituality" means. What this thread is pointing at is pretty much the whole point of spirituality.

You can keep changing / hoping for situations to change forever. The "problem" is never really "out there".

For example, one might think he's lacking money or sex. Rather than wishing for the situation to change, asking / intending to see in light of Truth would be recognizing that there is no such lack and there is only Heaven. That's healing and awakening, not coping.

21 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

What I meant by "asking" was basically the thought "I wish this/that thing would change" or even "I ask God to change this/that situation." That is coping IMO.

Asking / intending to see in the light of Truth is the opposite of coping. Maybe it could be said that it's quite literally what "spirituality" means. What this thread is pointing at is pretty much the whole point of spirituality.

You can keep changing / hoping for situations to change forever. The "problem" is never really "out there".

For example, one might think he's lacking money or sex. Rather than wishing for the situation to change, asking / intending to see in light of Truth would be recognizing that there is no such lack and there is only Heaven. That's healing and awakening, not coping.

Let's see the same thing applying to hunger or thirst.  Truth and god won't feed you. 

16 hours ago, Phil said:

Seems more like a strategy for happiness. Non-judgement. Not-Knowing (that there is good & bad). 

What’s a more aligned, more indicative of reality thought? 

To accept reality as it is you don't need to view it from the perspective of others who you think are superior to you and have more acceptance to life than you . You are shooting yourself in the foot when you do that.  Because you are essentially implying that you as you currently are not enough or capable of such acceptance. But other "enlightened " folks are .

@Phil

I just told you.  that you already accept reality unconditionally from your own point of view.  Seeing it as perfect not from the eyes of people who you think can handle reality and it's brutal nature  better than your soft ass .

Basically ..telling yourself nothing is fundamentally wrong and there are no wrong decisions or happenings. 

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

To accept reality as it is you don't need to view it from the perspective of others who you think are superior to you and have more acceptance to life than you .

(I'm assuming by "accepting reality as it is" you mean accepting things like pain, death, lack, loss etc.)

It is impossible to accept these things. No-one, not Jesus, not Buddha, not Abraham can accept these things.

The thought/belief "death" (for example), feels off because there is no such thing.

Like Phil once said, "everyone would feel the same discord if they focused on the same thought". We are all literally on the same boat.

17 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because you are essentially implying that you as you currently are not enough or capable of such acceptance.

No, this is not what is being implied.

Buddha, Jesus and Abraham was used as a refrence point for correct sight. For the sake of practicality basically. For someone it might be easier using names like Buddha or Jesus, to catch what "seeing in the light of Truth" points to.

Edited by Blessed2

@Someone here

Maybe a thought which doesn’t even unnecessarily include a separate self feels more aligned / better. 

(And not for the sake of a Phil being right!!! For the sake of what’s wanted to manifest, and what’s wanted to be let go, to be let go. By no one. Or, effortlessly. This could even include action experientially, knowing, understanding… just not someone taking, having, possessing. ‘That’s’ all ‘movie’. Not Self in the non-apparent, pure, untouched by the movie sense.) Conscious creating = consciousness creating , or simple put, being. The implication that there is a separate self accepting unconditional or not… is the condition. The human condition. 

11 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Buddha, Jesus and Abraham was used as a refrence point for correct sight.

🙏 🔥 

7 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I'm assuming by "accepting reality as it is" you mean accepting things like pain, death, lack, loss etc.

Yes . Those are exactly what we should accept . But that accepting doesn't come overnight or without spiritual work .

You can't be a lazy hedonistic indulgent person (not talking about you but in general) and expect yourself to be a person who can accept tough shit . You must develop thick skin.

9 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

It is impossible to accept these things. No-one, not Jesus, not Buddha, not Abraham can accept these things.

The thought/belief "death" (for example), feels off because there is no such thing.

Like Phil once said, "everyone would feel the same discord if they focused on the same thought". We are all literally on the same boat.

Fortunately, these things will happen to you inevitably. So you have no other choice but to prepare yourself to accept them when you gonna experience them.

11 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Buddha, Jesus and Abraham was used as a refrence point for correct sight. For the sake of practicality basically. For someone it might be easier using names like Buddha or Jesus, to catch what "seeing in the light of Truth" points to.

There is only seeing in the light of Truth. Because Truth is all there is . You  Don't have  to accept like Buddha or Jesus. You are allowed to accept even your Inability to accept. Perhaps that is a better feeling thought that @Phil is looking for. 

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

When The Buddha was asked what was attained upon enlightenment, what was the answer?

When Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth?”, what was the answer?

Who gives a shit what they say ? Truth has to be a personally derived .I can't borrow it from others  .then it becomes a belief. 

21 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes . Those are exactly what we should accept . But that accepting doesn't come overnight or without spiritual work .

You can't be a lazy hedonistic indulgent person (not talking about you but in general) and expect yourself to be a person who can accept tough shit . You must develop thick skin.

Fortunately, these things will happen to you inevitably. So you have no other choice but to prepare yourself to accept them when you gonna experience them.

There is only seeing in the light of Truth. Because Truth is all there is . You  Don't have  to accept like Buddha or Jesus. You are allowed to accept even your Inability to accept. Perhaps that is a better feeling thought that @Phil is looking for. 

7kj286.thumb.jpg.e1e4cc595fd7893a15b7b54995e32631.jpg