Seeing horrible things

Rose

I was scrolling through one of my telegram groups this morning, and some ugly russian animal made a comment “hey, check out my avatar 😉”. I clicked it automatically (I didn’t know the animal was russian) and saw a video of the beheading of the Ukrainian soldier. I only saw a few seconds of it, but I’ve been feeling super sick all day now. It wasn’t just a “regular” beheading. 

How do I recover from something like this? Ever since this war started, I’ve been exposed to this kind of stuff - death, beyond animal level of cruelty, rapes, tortures. I don’t look for the news on purpose and I even deactivated my Facebook, LinkedIn, but it still finds me like today. What kind of damage has this done to me long term?

I can’t even call it an animal, no animal could ever do this. I keep seeing that image all day today.

How can you be a loving human being when there’s sickness like this that exists? And not on a small scale, but huge massive scale being applauded and supported by many? When there’s dumbness and ignorance, creatures who look like people but are dumber than my shoe? And garbage which enjoys torturing others in sickest ways.

What do you do with all the hate? With the strong desire for all of them to die? Just because if they don’t die, they will keep torturing others. Death can be a beautiful thing and some people really deserve it. 

Edited by Rose

I feel for you, these sorts of things can be so upsetting and there's no way of un-seeing them. I think the most useful thing you can do is to notice what sorts of feelings get triggered in you, and to relax and breathe into those feelings - you mentioned that you experience strong hate, can you feel any more vulnerable feelings underneath this? Emotions like hate are what's known as secondary or 'cover' emotions  which tend to be covering up more painful emotions like grief and despair, and the human tendency is to get caught in the surface negativity when it's those deeper emotions that need to be felt.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Rose

What about denial?

Not as an emotion, but as an experience. 

Is there, in regard to what you’ve shared, an aspect of denial?

Do you mean, not accepting reality for what it is? Not willing to fully accept that sick excuses for orcs like this exist? 

Edited by Rose

It's part of your design.

For whatever reason I can't explain, you created torture, war and this whole conflict.

It can help to see that that Ukrainian soldier its the same as the Russian executor.

In fact you were the one who beheaded him. (infinity-speaking...). 

There are no bad ones here. Only One good one dreaming, believing and exploring the fantasy of 'bad' or 'evil'.

Edited by ConsciousDreamer666

1 minute ago, Phil said:

@Rose

A thought (about reality) which seemed true, but in hindsight wasn’t?

I don’t know if it’s true, it’s just a possibility. I also don’t know if it isn’t true. Einstein said reality was an illusion.

I don’t experience it as an illusion, because it’s consistent from day to day. If I wake up tomorrow the war will still be there.

Edited by Rose

18 minutes ago, Rose said:

I don’t know if it’s true, it’s just a possibility. I also don’t know if it isn’t true. Einstein said reality was an illusion.

I don’t experience it as an illusion, because it’s consistent from day to day. If I wake up tomorrow the war will still be there.

What reality is, isn’t known - yes?