Ideals vs Manifesting

I notice that when i start to feel better, it becomes very easy to focus on thoughts on some ideal of myself in a future. Me acting certain ways, cool, rich, whatever. And since it feels a lot better than focusing on some negative aspect of yourself, i usually indulge in it. But i start to realize that maybe its one of the reasons why i keep falling down again? Better to let go of those thoughts as well. 

Also lets say i actually was being the person i am imagining in a future, would i actually be having those thoughts if i was being that person? I don't think so.

I did a 3 weeks course some years ago, looking a lot on ideals and how they cause a lot of suffering. I think that makes a lot of sense.

How is it different from manifesting/visualizing? Acting cool and confidence in thought is both an ideal and some way of being to manifest. 

It seems like the same thing, but looked upon differently. Do you understand what i mean? 

Often with a goal there's a sense of tension, making it happen or else "I've" failed. The focus on the goal is wonderful, but what's missed is that each thought is a thought focused on now. The letting go of the discord (which becomes particularly acute when the "I" as the doer becomes involved) but not the inspiration of the goal is what allows it to come into being. It feels most aligned to appreciate yourself in the present, if you appreciate yourself in the future tense it's conditional and it's assumed that there are two of you, present you and future you. Since there is only present now, how can future you manifest? It cannot. Future tense-tension. Looking forward with excitement, curiosity and a chill up your spine right now- awesome. 

Youtube Channel  

Use the tools.

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/tools-1

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/dreamboard-1

Read the whole page, but also specifically; 

WHAT DOES THE DREAMBOARD HAVE TO DO WITH THE EMOTIONAL SCALE?

and

WHAT IS THE BACKSIDE FOR?

The underlying belief is that there is a source of bad or negative, while in truth suffering is only how some thoughts feel and suffering does not have a source. Suffering is not because there are negative aspects, nor negative aspects of you. Suffering is how believing those thoughts, feels. 

8 hours ago, Mandy said:

It feels most aligned to appreciate yourself in the present, if you appreciate yourself in the future tense it's conditional and it's assumed that there are two of you, present you and future you.

Yes, you are excellent at explaining. Thank you.

been appreciating the cute entity writing this alot today. 

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Use the tools

I use them quite often actually, thank you. Sometimes after a crash (which i just experienced), things starts to become more clear for a while. I will pay attention to what pulls in the other direction this time.

@WhiteOwl

The ‘roller coaster’, the highs & lows (crashes) etc. 

The ‘selves of thought’ are going unnoticed, and that’s what’s behind the roller coaster.

I’m happy to break it down for the sake of it being helpful, potentially clarifying… but there’s a risk of it being interpreted in a way other than that. As if I’m being corrective, or know better, or know more, or understand something you don’t - which is not at all the case. I’m in the same boat as you. If you’re interested in that ‘break down’, just let me know. 

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

@WhiteOwl

The ‘roller coaster’, the highs & lows (crashes) etc. 

The ‘selves of thought’ are going unnoticed, and that’s what’s behind the roller coaster.

I’m happy to break it down for the sake of it being helpful, potentially clarifying… but there’s a risk of it being interpreted in a way other than that. As if I’m being corrective, or know better, or know more, or understand something you don’t - which is not at all the case. I’m in the same boat as you. If you’re interested in that ‘break down’, just let me know. 

Sure, would be appreciated. I do see that the roller coaster is about the fictitious self though, and believing thoughts. It just doesn't seem as it does now when it has momentum. I guess its obscured from where i am looking from

Another question is; How do you explain being good at something if there is no self? I won't be able to make a website without learning a lot of stuff like you did, but you would say you don't have any of that knowledge or skill? How would you explain that

Edited by WhiteOwl

12 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

I notice that when i start to feel better, it becomes very easy to focus on thoughts on some ideal of myself in a future.

With this sentence there are five selves. 

1) You - awareness. That’s a given, since you are aware & only awareness is, aware. Awareness is the actual self. 

2) Then the first ‘I’. No big deal, it’s likely just linguistic. But it is worth noticing… that by this point there is a reference to a self, an ‘I’. 

(For your consideration only, not actually asking)

Does that ‘I’ point back to awareness / really mean… awareness?

Or does that ‘I’ point to a self which is separate from awareness, which awareness is aware of?

3) ‘I notice that when I’. That is an I in addition to the first I, which (depending on how it’s “held”) is either a second or third self implied. 

Stating “I notice that when I” is saying there are two I’s… one which notices the other. 

4) The fourth self implied is tricker, because the term ‘it’ is used. ‘It’ either refers to an ‘I’ which focuses, or a ‘thing’ which is used to focus. 

5) The fifth implied self is more easily seen, as it’s stated outright, a myself in a future. I do understand that it was stated that self was of the thought, (“some ideal of”) but it is a thought of an ‘I’, which is specified as not being one of the first 4 ‘I’s. 

Again, definitely not saying any of this to be anything other than helpful / clarifying. It is far easier to notice when it’s written, than directly as thoughts. Being able to visually see the thought written out makes it easy. The backside of the dreamboard is great for this, since it’s dry erase. 

The rollercoaster / highs & lows are of the thoughts, or, how the thoughts feel. The ‘rollercoaster’ is not actually indicative of you (awareness). It’s only indicative of the thoughts, you are experiencing, as awareness. Self referential thoughts - thoughts which refer to, a self. 

Each time a thought arises, there is how that thought feels. A self referential thought, a thought about a self, is felt more sensitively. For example, the thought, ‘some guy somewhere in Antarctica is unworthy’ - feels very different than the thought - ‘I am unworthy’. This is because ‘some guy in Antarctica’ is definitely not ‘held’ as a potential thought about yourself. Where as ‘I’ is. (Potentially, definitely not necessarily). Ultimately, there is no thought about yourself. Actually, forget the “ultimately” nonsense - right now, already, there is no such thing or experience as a thought which is true about you. Apparent thought is finite. You are infinite. No apparent finite ‘thing’ (thought) could ever actually define that which is infinite. Just want to point out this is the Good news. As in, you’re literally infinite Goodness. Good & bad are thoughts. Apparent thoughts. Maybe the activity of thought is kind of a rumination fueled behind trying to ‘figure out’ if you’re ultimately good or bad, like, a good person or a bad person…? Idk. But that you are Good is evidence not by the content of thoughts, but by how the thoughts feel. 

I notice that when i start to feel better

The underlying ‘rollercoaster’ is that of thought, claiming feeling. It happens as simply as the believing of the thought - “I feel”. 

There is of course nothing wrong whatsoever with expressing how you feel. 

Just as a pointer, if it’s helpful / clarifying…

When “I feel” is followed by an emotion, the I-thought is ‘pointing back to it’s source’, to feeling. 

When “I feel” is followed by a concept, the I-thought is ‘pointing away from feeling’. 

A simple example…

(Concept / about a thing).                                                 (Emotion / not about a thing)

“I feel like shit”.                             Compared to.            “I feel anger”. 

Same, but likely not seen as so simple….

(Concept about a self).                                                      (Emotion / not about a thing). 

”I’m disappointed”.                    Compared to.            “I feel disappointment”.

The first thought, “I’m disappointed” is a claim about yourself, about what you are, and it feels off because you are certainly NOT disappointed.  

It might be believed, this is just how I feel when I’m disappointed, and that would not be true. That would be a belief about yourself. 

The truth would be that is how that thought about yourself feels - to yourself. 

(A slight concession for some clarification)

Another way to say the same as what was shared above, is Awareness Vs. experience. 

If it…. whatever it is, be it a thought, the sun, someone, breathing, etc… can be named or pointed to in any way - whatever that is - it is experienced

And because it is experienced - it is not that which is experiencing

How is it different from manifesting/visualizing? 

Manifesting isn’t about yourself, no matter what thought about yourself that could ever be. 

It’s just about what’s wanted. 

And that’s it. 

It is that simple. 

Perhaps it’s how unbelievably simple it is, which at least initially, makes manifesting seem complex.

It’s so simple in fact, it is what’s already the case. 

It’s not like changing a car tire or algebra. 

It’s what’s already goin on, which requires no action, doing, thoughts, understanding or knowledge whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl said:

Another question is; How do you explain being good at something if there is no self? I won't be able to make a website without learning a lot of stuff like you did, but you would say you don't have any of that knowledge or skill? How would you explain that

There isn’t a finite self which is or isn’t good at something. It just seems like there is. 

(Language implies duality…)

I play a cover song once, it doesn’t sound very good. 

Tenth time, it’s recognizable. 

50th time, it’s sounding pretty good.

90th time, it’s sounding really really good.

The 100th time I play it  - for someone, and for them, it’s the first time they’ve heard me play it, and they’re like “you’re talented”.

In accordance with direct experience, there was never a practicer, a doer, etc. 

@PhilThe intellectual understanding is not the hard point to be fair, its the direct recognizion and changing focus during a "storm" that is. Its also impossible to write without creating selves, if i want to explain whats going on for "me", but i get what "your" saying.. 

"Expressing" sounds like it has to be very precise though all of sudden, which is sometimes my problem with it. That it becomes kind of going through the motion instead of your actual way of expressing. I have to "think" to do it the right way, that makes me feel insecurity if i am doing it right. But i also see what you are saying, i will try to pay notice on my way of expressing.

What i focus on and what i attract is showing itself very much these days. Interesting times. 

Thank you 🙂 🙏 

15 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

@PhilThe intellectual understanding is not the hard point to be fair, its the direct recognizion and changing focus during a "storm" that is.

‘Intellectual understanding’ is one thought that appears, not an actual thing. 

Just like ‘a hundred thoughts’ is one thought, and not a hundred thoughts. 

Its also impossible to write without creating selves, if i want to explain whats going on for "me", but i get what "your" saying.. 

Writing does not create selves. 

"Expressing" sounds like it has to be very precise though all of sudden, which is sometimes my problem with it.

Expressing can be anything.

There isn’t the implied ‘you’ which ‘has the problem’. 

That it becomes kind of going through the motion instead of your actual way of expressing.

There’s experience of expressing, there isn’t the self “your way” implies. 

I have to "think" to do it the right way, that makes me feel insecurity if i am doing it right. But i also see what you are saying, i will try to pay notice on my way of expressing.

Right & wrong are beliefs. When the beliefs arise insecurity it felt. 

“I know” is illusory. Anything that follow is illusory, such as “I know there is intellectual understanding”, “I know there is right & wrong”. 

What i focus on and what i attract is showing itself very much these days. Interesting times. 

Thank you 🙂 🙏 

i·de·al

noun

plural noun: ideals

a person or thing regarded as perfect.

Perfection is not a noun, perfection is ‘our’ infinite being, appearing.

A separate self can’t find perfection.

Which is the same as saying, perfection can never find perfection.  

Much love 🙏♥️