Jump to content

Emotions are tribal?


Kevin

Recommended Posts

I was just noticing recently that many emotions I experience make sense from a tribal standpoint.

A lot of the tough times I went through as a kid were from thinking I did not belong in my tribe (family). And then as I got older thinking that since I didn’t feel like I belonged with my tribe of origin, then I wouldn’t belong in other tribes.

 

There’s a lot more to it but I feel that sums it up. A lot of current emotional challenges revolve around the tribal stuff as well. I think that my emotions would be guiding me well if we lived in small tribes still but now it’s kind of outdated. For example I get nervous in large crowds. I think that would make sense I was alive 1000 years ago. If I was by myself around a bunch of other tribes that could be dangerous. But in a large crowd most people don’t know each other. There’s not really a danger.

 

I guess I’m frustrated because my emotional response seems outdated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Emotions key you in that you're thinking thoughts that assume separation. Separation from the thing feared/assumed that you're separated from could be the tribe, but the real key is the notion or assumption of separation. 

 

Separation from love, happiness, worthiness of love, freedom, intimacy, acceptance, what we want etc. When we believe in or assume separation we are immediately guided that that separation is impossible. Thought mistakes that guidance for burn we believe to exist imposed upon us from another, in the future, rather than immediate response to the inaccuracy of the current belief, and imposed on ourselves BY ourselves (the standoff).  We have the power to remove the hand from the stove and we also have the power to deny it. 

 Youtube Channel    Website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

Emotions key you in that you're thinking thoughts that assume separation. Separation from the thing feared/assumed that you're separated from could be the tribe, but the real key is the notion or assumption of separation. 

 

Separation from love, happiness, worthiness of love, freedom, intimacy, acceptance, what we want etc. When we believe in or assume separation we are immediately guided that that separation is impossible. Thought mistakes that guidance for burn we believe to exist imposed upon us from another, in the future, rather than immediate response to the inaccuracy of the current belief, and imposed on ourselves BY ourselves (the standoff).  We have the power to remove the hand from the stove and we also have the power to deny it. 
 

 

 

When I made the tribal connection it felt important, like a lightbulb moment. Yet it seems hard to take my hand off the stove. I guess it were easy I would have done it by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kevin said:

 

 

When I made the tribal connection it felt important, like a lightbulb moment. 

Then listen to that feeling. It doesn't matter how it's explained if there's a recognition there, or a release of resistance there for you. It sounds like it was an understanding that allowed you to recognize that there's nothing personally wrong with you at all.  That's all we're all trying to say anyway. 

 Youtube Channel    Website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

Then listen to that feeling. It doesn't matter how it's explained if there's a recognition there, or a release of resistance there for you. It sounds like it was an understanding that allowed you to recognize that there's nothing personally wrong with you at all.  That's all we're all trying to say anyway. 

Yeah when I was thinking about it previously part of the realization was that all the stuff that happened to me as a kid that I thought was bad couldn’t have happened any other way. Like the trajectory of my life and the things I regretted doing. It started to all make sense as to why I behaved as I did and that it wasn’t my fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By clicking, I agree to the terms of use, rules, guidelines & to hold Actuality of Being LLC, admin, moderators & all forum members harmless.