What is safety?

noomii

On 4/20/2023 at 4:33 AM, noomii said:

Does safety and danger even exist?

Before it can be ‘seen’ if something exists, first consider what’s meant by existence.

Is existence a duality?

Well, is there nonexistence?

An interesting experience doesn’t happen when the mind is prompted with the question ‘is there nonexistence’. 

If I say picture, visualize, imagine… people wearing only purple clothes stepping out of a pink bus… indeed, an image comes to mind. 

Yet when I say picture, visualize, imagine… nonexistence, what comes to mind?

And why is that the case?

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Right. How could there be lol? 

Yeah idk why I even made this thread, I need to be willing to question the safety/danger/existence beliefs to actually see. Not so willing at the moment. 

There's no images coming up together with the words safety or danger for me. It's more just how those thoughts feel.

@noomii

Threads are great for questioning! 

It’s like watching a movie. There is an experience of safety and danger, while the actuality is a screen. The screen which acknowledges it LOVES the movie without condition, is the true & only screen, and the relevance is the alignment, or, how it feels. As the screen being the movie, indeed you are safety, and you are dangerous. As the (movie -less) screen though, (ineffable) peace, love, happiness, wholeness, Goodness. 

(And of course, this screen and movie stuff is the dualistic apparent limitation of language.)

Actors might sometimes be safe and sometimes be in danger, but actors are never actually ‘in’ the movie. Actors = movie. 

14 hours ago, Phil said:

@noomii

Threads are great for questioning! 

It’s like watching a movie. There is an experience of safety and danger, while the actuality is a screen. The screen which acknowledges it LOVES the movie without condition, is the true & only screen, and the relevance is the alignment, or, how it feels. As the screen being the movie, indeed you are safety, and you are dangerous. As the (movie -less) screen though, (ineffable) peace, love, happiness, wholeness, Goodness. 

(And of course, this screen and movie stuff is the dualistic apparent limitation of language.)

Actors might sometimes be safe and sometimes be in danger, but actors are never actually ‘in’ the movie. Actors = movie. 

The thought ‘safety’ feels good and relaxing, does that mean it is aligned with our true nature? There's no one that can actually be hurt?

46 minutes ago, Mandy said:

How does the focus on safety feel, rather than the focus on insecurity? When we truly feel safe, are we even thinking about safety at all? Or are we just relaxed, enjoying, appreciative, alertly curious, focused, etc? 

Yes I had that in mind too

2 hours ago, noomii said:

The thought ‘safety’ feels good and relaxing, does that mean it is aligned with our true nature?

Yes. Nothing in a movie ever actually touches the screen, which is appearing as a movie.  

2 hours ago, noomii said:

There's no one that can actually be hurt?

The reality of a movie is the screen, the reality of a dream is the dreamer. 

On 4/20/2023 at 4:33 AM, noomii said:

worry, insecurity or fear

Worry illuminates or uncovers the truth of not knowing. When worry is felt, a belief about the future is felt, a thought about how something will go and or how someone will do is felt. The emotion worry is the guidance ‘letting you know’ that while you believe you know how things will go or how you’ll do, you actually don’t.

To continue to believe the thought or perspective in spite of the guidance felt, is suffering. To let it go in acknowledgement of not knowing, is liberation. To focus on a thought or perspective that resonates, is consciously creating.  

Which is really creating the movie… an apparent actor which seems to be ‘in’ the movie, or the screen being the movie?

When insecurity is felt, the screen is seeking security in the movie, in thought(s) & perception. All the while, the screen is security. 

When fear is felt, thought(s) are believed - about what will happen, and about the nature of the screen. The truth is felt; neither what will happen nor the nature of the screen are known. 

Though again, the nature of the screen if felt. The very security sought, is what’s felt. 

More truly, is what’s feeling.