Spiritual bypassing

Rose

Most of these aren’t actually examples of spiritual bypassing, but rather annoying things that “spiritual” people might do (usually more new-age types).

The typical definition is…

“Spiritual bypassing involves using spiritual explanations to dismiss or avoid complicated emotions or psychological issues.”

An example would be a woman justifying an abortion because she believes that the baby didn’t actually want to be born, and the pregnancy was just a test from God to see if she had the fortitude to continue her spiritual work.

Thats a real example from someone I know btw, and yes she is fucking nuts.

My YouTube channel - Adeptus Psychonautica

On 4/15/2023 at 11:17 PM, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

Most of these aren’t actually examples of spiritual bypassing, but rather annoying things that “spiritual” people might do (usually more new-age types).

The typical definition is…

“Spiritual bypassing involves using spiritual explanations to dismiss or avoid complicated emotions or psychological issues.”

An example would be a woman justifying an abortion because she believes that the baby didn’t actually want to be born, and the pregnancy was just a test from God to see if she had the fortitude to continue her spiritual work.

Thats a real example from someone I know btw, and yes she is fucking nuts.

Whatever the decision its always the right decision ultimately. I feel its the mothers right if she really does not feel safe, secure, stable and ready to mother a child.

When you scratch your skin you kill millions of cells, who gave you that right? You did, you do, creation allows it, there are no right or wrongs ultimately.

In some sense she is right, the soul who incarnated (already knew) that they would be aborted, the spirit is existing beyond time/space thus already knows.

Sometimes souls need to experience the experience of abortion for the sake of experiencing it. This may be hard to believe but it is what it is.

Edited by Pluto

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

@Pluto  

On 5/3/2023 at 2:01 PM, Pluto said:

When you scratch your skin you kill millions of cells, who gave you that right? You did, you do, creation allows it, there are no right or wrongs ultimately.

When I scratch my skin I do not justify my actions by claiming that rainbow aliens told me it was what my skin wanted - that part would be the spiritual bypassing that is being discussed.

Whether right or wrongs exist has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

On 5/3/2023 at 2:01 PM, Pluto said:

In some sense she is right, the soul who incarnated (already knew) that they would be aborted, the spirit is existing beyond time/space thus already knows.

Sometimes souls need to experience the experience of abortion for the sake of experiencing it. This may be hard to believe but it is what it is.

Thanks for the perfect illustration of spiritual bypassing.

On 5/6/2023 at 12:28 AM, Adeptus Psychonautica said:

@Pluto  

When I scratch my skin I do not justify my actions by claiming that rainbow aliens told me it was what my skin wanted - that part would be the spiritual bypassing that is being discussed.

Whether right or wrongs exist has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Thanks for the perfect illustration of spiritual bypassing.

That is your valid, and yet limited perception, I cannot help you there.  I can see you are 'sensitive' to this discussion and there may be underlying trauma there, hence the "trigger".  There is always a teaching/lesson being played out. I trust you will realize it.

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

On 5/7/2023 at 4:37 PM, Pluto said:

That is your valid, and yet limited perception, I cannot help you there.  I can see you are 'sensitive' to this discussion and there may be underlying trauma there, hence the "trigger".  There is always a teaching/lesson being played out. I trust you will realize it.

By your reply I can see that you are sensitive to this discussion and there may be underlying trauma there, hence the "trigger".  There is always a teaching/lesson being played out. I trust you will realize it.