memento mori

Blessed2

So some time ago I saw a dream about the ship Titanic and figured it would be a good time to rewatch the famous movie.

Just watched about half of it and what came to mind, we're all on kind of a sinking ship aren't we?

My own, and everyone else's eventual death has been on my mind lately.

I picture myself with a loved one on that ship, crying in each others arms. I picture their faces dead, cold, eyes shut, liveless. What is there to say? How could you soothe a loved one, crying, facing an inevitable death?

I'm still young, just 24 years old. But it's not a long time really until I'm middle aged. And not a long time until I'm a senior, and a lifetime runs out. My body will grow old, youth is such a transient thing. Who knows if there is ever going to be another youth.

I see other young people around me. I swear it seems like you never grow old. But everyone eventually does. It's a passing thing, the beauty, the young life.

It sort of breaks ye heart. What do you say to a friend, a family member, a girlfriend in this short, transient, so so fragile life? How do you soothe?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_mori

Is a hug enough?

There must be an effortless way.

There is no goodbye .. sun and moon are both planets and live,die and rise again for a long time. The rays that touched every plant and petal, the moonbeam that illuminated all the dark or small places.. 

7 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

.I see other young people around me. I swear it seems like you never grow old. But everyone eventually does. It's a passing thing, the beauty, the young life.

The beauty in life and otherwise, soulful youth.. in every moment it's possible. Maybe, peace in the now is youth and then when we're taken back to thw yesteryears or unpromised tomorrows aging is felt 🤷‍♀️