Why does young people’s arrogance trigger me so much

I noticed that young people, in their early 20s or even late teens, tend to really make me annoyed. They act like they know everything, are entitled, think things should be just given to them - your attention, your response, your correspondence, your explanation… and if not they often throw tantrums and call you a bad person

What could it say about me and about my shadow? Is it normal to be annoyed with these things? This will be really bad for me if I have my own children as I will try to “put them in their place” and break that entitlement. 

I also don’t have any patience for that. I either walk away or tell them they are being entitled. I don’t have the energy to get into arguments with them (would it be different if it was my kid?)

Arrogant people annoy the shite out of other arrogant people often, and we're all arrogant in certain ways.  Some people try to act like they're not arrogant until you find their button and start leaning on that.  I think the way to deal with arrogant people is words of affirmation.  Tell them they're smart and talented and make them think you're listening to them.  If they're younger than you, often their defenses go down.  If their defenses don't go down, that's a super arrogant person who just needs to be right like their life depends on it.   I stay away from those people unless collaboration is otherwise possible.  A lot of young people just want words of affirmation and they're like starved for this.  It sucks to be young because you don't have the wisdom that older people have and you're insecure about that.  You're also trying to chest beat (like a gorilla) to make yourself appear valuable to the rest of the herd.  We've all done this and we all still do this on some level.  There is a dominance game being played here as subtle as it can seem sometimes.  It's good to be aware of that in yourself and in others.  I'm bigger than you, no I'm bigger than you, no I'm bigger than both of you, no I'm bigger than infinity times infinity times infinity!  It's like kids haha.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor to be honest, it just annoys me that they think their opinion is even worth something.. I used to see it on the actualized form.. a 20 year old kid arguing with someone like Emerald, being provocative and passive aggressive, “dare and prove me wrong”, “you’re just talking nonsense 🥱” - they are being rude and smug and they are the ones saying complete nonsense… it just makes me want to say “STFU and listen and be grateful this adult is spending their precious time on you, given that they have job, obligations and you’re just a nobody”

Their daisy-fairytale life views annoy me too.. like “everyone deserves attention” 

I really need to look into this before this happens to me 👇🏻

535B46D0-A0D6-4882-ACFC-41A605156DEC.jpeg

Edited by Rose

There's a big difference between believing that everyone owes you everything, feeling like everyone is failing at giving it to you, and knowing/feeling that life is a joy for you and being open and willing to receive that joy, abundance, well being, fun, luxury, beauty, etc. 

Maybe it's a certain refinement of what entitlement really means, the entitled people reflect and attitude you don't want, but also in a way DO want at the same time. It's more about the attitude itself than the subject, or the subject of the person who has the attitude. The attitude is ours. 

Youtube Channel  

On 3/19/2023 at 9:22 PM, Rose said:

I noticed that young people, in their early 20s or even late teens, tend to really make me annoyed. They act like they know everything, are entitled, think things should be just given to them - your attention, your response, your correspondence, your explanation… and if not they often throw tantrums and call you a bad person

What could it say about me and about my shadow? Is it normal to be annoyed with these things? This will be really bad for me if I have my own children as I will try to “put them in their place” and break that entitlement. 

I also don’t have any patience for that. I either walk away or tell them they are being entitled. I don’t have the energy to get into arguments with them (would it be different if it was my kid?)

You want the actual reason or the factual interpretation created by ancestral consensus since dawn of civilization?

Actual answer is your instinctive brain has emergered again from your training since birth about chasing better tomorrows when evolving doesn't exceed your time being alive in series parallel displacement now.

Factual reason, you lost your faith in humanity providing better tomorrows and you don't want to recognize your involvement with ignoring now is eternity.

some here told me to "Keep it simple .".