The separate self, also referred to as the ego, or individual, is illusory. The nature of illusion is what seems to be already isn’t. There is no separate self which is alive (“while you’re alive”) and could die (“be absolutely dead”), which could “then” do whatever it wants.

What is is already complete, whole, absolutely free and without separation. 

Multiple ways of comunicating something you can't really.

I remember eckhart saying in his books, one of his quotes was, die before you die to realize there is no such thing as death. And then Phil comes along saying that is more stories for the seperate self 🤦‍♂️

Bloody english language and it's dualistic nature! 

1 minute ago, Eternal said:

There is no 'you' to die though..

Yeah. There’s no ‘you’re alive’ which ‘dies’ and ‘be’s absolutely dead’. Apparently this kind of verbiage can seem to imply there is ‘the relative’ and ‘the absolute’, and people get the wrong idea about liberation and commit suicide believing then they will be able to be free and do whatever they want. 

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Yeah. There’s no ‘you’re alive’ which ‘dies’ and ‘be’s absolutely dead’. Apparently this kind of verbiage can seem to imply there is ‘the relative’ and ‘the absolute’, and people get the wrong idea about liberation and commit suicide believing then they will be able to be free and do whatever they want. 

Why do a lot of spiritual teachers use that kind of verbiage then? Would you say it does more harm than good? You kept on telling me your own way of communicating but I still believed my thoughts. So do many other's I assume, wouldn't you say both ways of communicating are valid and ultimately just pointers to something that is beyond the mind. 

The false-self tries to comprehend anything with the level of the mind, whatever is said it

Edited by Eternal

11 hours ago, Eternal said:

Why do a lot of spiritual teachers use that kind of verbiage then? Would you say it does more harm than good?

If spirituality is the inspection of what is absolutely true, there isn’t anything to teach, as in anything to add. 

You kept on telling me your own way of communicating but I still believed my thoughts. So do many other's I assume, wouldn't you say both ways of communicating are valid and ultimately just pointers to something that is beyond the mind. 

‘Beyond’ ‘the mind’ is a good example of what can be inspected. 

The false-self tries to comprehend anything with the level of the mind, whatever is said it

Like a unicorn trying to think. 

Live while you're alive.  I understand people want to be/appear deep for various reasons, but we also want to have common sense too.  If you die, you ain't doing nothin'.  How many people do you know personally who've died like for real?  I assume most people on here are young people.  Young people can afford to make light of death and turn it into some kind of philosophical diatribe or classroom discussion.  I gotta go a video on this topic, this is a good topic where there’s some paradox. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor