Loneliness

Mandy

I read this quote recently and it struck me as so true. 

“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung

Why do we mistake loneliness for the reluctance to express? 

Youtube Channel  

Nice quote. Thanks for sharing.

I find that it is highlighting the difficulty of getting genuine intimacy. Expressing can be met with a lot of stonewalling.

I suppose each human have started their life expressing, but then wouldn't be able to maintain this habit because of feeling unsafe or unmet at some point.

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

Feeling not safe in the environment you seem to be in.
Many of us as children got shunned for holding certain perspectives, told our idea & opinions are stupid, even yelled at or hit for it. That is held in the body now, contracting us from expressing. 

Loneliness felt when you believe there are others who are going to hurt you. It is the unwillingness to express as you don’t feel you are in a loving environment, so we hold back, & feel alone with our thoughts, unable to express what is truly in our hearts. 
Safe relationships are very important for being able to express your authentic self. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

Nice quote. Thanks for sharing.

❤️

I find that it is highlighting the difficulty of getting genuine intimacy. Expressing can be met with a lot of stonewalling.

I don't get that from it. I think that expression always finds a way like snow melting off a mountain in the Spring. Even if some main channel is blocked, it finds another. Unlike water, which immediately finds the path of least resistance, while we are focused on the channel that is blocked, we won't find and utilize any alternative. I also believe that no matter what, even in some of the most repressive circumstances there is a way of expressing in a healthy manner, but sometimes that way is very unclear. I think Victor Frankl is a good (extreme) example.

I find a lot of reluctance to express in jumping to conclusions about what people will think if I do what I want to do, say what I feel, and then part of that reluctance is holding to an identity that's formed out of the avoidance of feeling rejected in some way. But I've already sat with being blocked and rejected by my best friend in the world at the time and when I let it be, it felt like Source and fire, and everything I knew I really was. That was months before we got to express to one another anything about what had happened, and forgave each other but I could only for-give it on my own first. 

I suppose each human have started their life expressing, but then wouldn't be able to maintain this habit because of feeling unsafe or unmet at some point.

@Loop Yeah, it's a pattern that repeats itself unless it's examined. People who can't express themselves express themselves by hitting their kids, and then hit kids, hit their kids. It can be verbal hits too. Then we do it to our peers, we mock and make fun of someone expressing themselves out of the pain of our long ago having given up and cut that part of ourselves off. Enthusiasm is nerdiness, and new or unusual style is dorky, etc.  But we also abandon or hit ourselves if we miss that the best thing we can do for ourselves is turn the other cheek, and "forgive them for they know not what they do."

“If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?” -Maya Angelou

“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” -Maya Angelou

Youtube Channel  

On 3/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, Mandy said:

I read this quote recently and it struck me as so true. 

“Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.” - Carl Jung

WOW this one of the most beautiful, clarifying quotes i have ever seen

thanks for sharing

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord