"Finishing" artistic projects causes fear and discord

I have loads of almost finished musical projects that doesn't need a lot to be somewhat finished (that can't happen of course with electronic music, but finished enough), but the closer i get the less i feel like working on the project. Fear of ruining it is maybe what is occuring but i am not sure. I get this really discordant feeling when thinking about the projects that i am wanting to finish. 

Inisights will be appreciated

I want to release them for other people to be able to play them, and also play them myself. Its dance/club music, so you can't put out a half-finished project. Going well last couple of days though. I need to just move on to something else whenever i am stuck, and some tracks just doesn't make it. Then i can reuse a few of the elements again. Guess i just answered my question, but its more the feeling i get thats holding me back of trying sometimes.

@WhiteOwl

I suspect the fear arises naturally as guidance in response to some thoughts or aspects of thoughts. Arising and feeling conflicting, as the truth, that for an eternal creator without beginning or end, when the emphasis is put on the finality of final or done, something about that just feels a bit off. All that’s ‘behind’ that ‘off’ is more liberation, more wonder-fullness of truth. I’d put the emphasis on creating… this… and then this… and then this… and I’d relish in that that, is never going to end. Any ‘pushing against that’ is futile in that it’s only ‘pushing against’, yourself, the creator. 

I’ve found a great approach to that to be to break it down into small steps, smallest as possible with respect to the guidance and communion… to change or see through the ‘bigness’ in the interpretation, the ‘offness’, and also to utilize the slate-wiped-clean of sleep.

One day the song idea / inspiration arises, next day its expressed / manifests, next day the recording is finished, next day the mixing is finished, next day the mastering is finished or what have you. ‘Finished’ is simply & only linguistic reference, as there will be another song idea / inspiration, and another, and another without end - and it’ll  experientially only get better and better no better and better, without end. No one’s really headed anywhere but, so to speak, back to Love. ‘Back to’ unconditionality. Nothing is never really, actually, ‘finished’, because nothing is happening already and nothing is already unrecognizable unknowable perfection; whole & complete. Yes, sometimes thoughts arise to the contrary, and this is also the perfection that you eternally are. That’s included in This. You are aware of it all. 

Then just carry that out when it comes to sharing it. Publish it, then sleep on it; slate is wiped clean. All cares & concerns simply slip away into the night as you let go and fall asleep, and then you awaken yet again free of any discord therein. Note that right when you wake up, and carry that, allow that, further & further into the day. Then the next day, with the great feeling of momentum for experiencing each step along the way and realizing as you go, that for which the fear seemed to arise, never actually occurred or happened. If publishing / posting seems like too big of a step, you can even leave it private and just share it with a few people via a code to access it. Then the next day, after a good concern discarding sleep, switch it to public.

Also, feedback is often insightful, yet it’s just feedback… it’s apparent… opinion, preference, suggestion. Then consider the age old phrase ‘some will, some won’t, so what’. It’s all just preference and there’s apparently a pool of eight billion preferences. Stick to direct experience; creating, and enjoying creating. What people think is never actually experienced. In direct experience, that’s always what I think - and truly, not even. It’s really no more than an apparent testimony to your truly ineffable, unthinkable, unbelievable, inconceivable intrinsic creatorship. 

@Phil

On 3/4/2023 at 5:20 PM, Phil said:

Arising and feeling conflicting, as the truth, that for an eternal creator without beginning or end, when the emphasis is put on the finality of final or done, something about that just feels a bit off.

I like that framing, it does feel a lot better. No beginning or end grounds in the now. Otherwise i am creating an obstacle and breaking flow.

On 3/4/2023 at 5:20 PM, Phil said:

. If publishing / posting seems like too big of a step, you can even leave it private and just share it with a few people via a code to access it

Yes thats what i am doing right now.

I will send you a link once i release something 😄 

Thanks for insights once again