Interesting

Blessed2

"The mind can never think the very substance the mind is made of."

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/on-the-importance-of-exploring-understanding-emotions

So 'it' (the ox) is not 'in' any thought.

I could keep looking for it from thoughts forever and not find it.

Check it out yourself. The substance of mind is not in any thought. No, not that thought either.

Rather, 'it' is what is already the case. Like the Ground. It's interesting how in acknowledging this there is quite literally a relaxation into the Ground, or gravity.

But it's sort of anti-climactic. I (or the thoughts) would very much like it to be a thought, like an object in time perhaps. Something you have, something you can use. Something you can grasp and "hold in your hands". It would give some sort of a sense of security maybe?

It's a wee bit hard to let go the previous paradigm of a future awakening or enlightenment. It's quite satisfying for the ego.

This "new paradigm" may sort of require a surrender. There's nowhere to run or hide. And all the carbage needs to be taken out. Which seems like awful lot of nasty work.

It makes me feel vulnerable. Like there are robbers and murderers out there on the streets, and no enlightenment can make me safe.

I want to keep talking though I'm not sure what to say.

There must be an effortless way.

The substance appears as thought, just as it appears as the universe. Thought is a dualistic mechanism, so the substance appears as subject-object thoughts. The thoughts can never think the substance because it already is the substance appearing as it. It's chasing its own tail.

Edited by Orb

♾️

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

Rather, 'it' is what is already the case. Like the Ground. It's interesting how in acknowledging this there is quite literally a relaxation into the Ground, or gravity.

Right on. If you were’n’t appearing there wouldn’t be “relaxation” and or “gravity”. 

And since you’re appearing, there isn’t. 

Not, two.

🤍

But it's sort of anti-climactic. I (or the thoughts) would very much like it to be a thought, like an object in time perhaps. Something you have, something you can use. Something you can grasp and "hold in your hands". It would give some sort of a sense of security maybe?

Like is a thought, like I. 

Infinitely, formlessly, ‘secure’. 

Even secure would be two. 

Not, two. 🤍

It's a wee bit hard to let go the previous paradigm of a future awakening or enlightenment. It's quite satisfying for the ego.

An illusion can’t be satisfied because ‘it’ isn’t. 

Like trying to satisfy a unicorn. 

This "new paradigm" may sort of require a surrender.

Paradigm makes two. 

Not, two. 

🤍

There's nowhere to run or hide. And all the carbage needs to be taken out. Which seems like awful lot of nasty work.

For no one. 

Not, two. 

🤍

It makes me feel vulnerable.

An it has never made a you feel a thing. 

Not, two.

🤍

Like there are robbers and murderers out there on the streets, and no enlightenment can make me safe.

Not, two. 

🤍

I want to keep talking though I'm not sure what to say.

You already aren’t. 

Not, two. 

🤍