What Emotions are In the Jaw?

Orb

17 hours ago, Orb said:

I noticed I grind my teeth sometimes at night, and my left tmj is swollen from years of grinding. It makes me wonder if there's some emotional healing goin gon in the jaw area. 

Emotions aren’t things, inside of things. (What Emotions are In the Jaw?)

It sounds like suppressed anger & resentment for having been done wrong. Suppression often plays out as unproductive discordant rumination, or, thought activity of a ‘separate self’ (the one done wrong) seeking understanding, to feel better. An attempt to add something (understanding) when only a letting go of something (seeking understanding to feel better) will do (result in feeling better).

The underlying belief is that understanding somehow results in feeling (or ‘feeling better’), while understanding is actually an appearance of feeling (what the term “feeling” points to) and an understander is an illusion of believing thoughts about understanding being real, and a ‘separate self’ ‘understanding’ (thought loop). The “understander” is ‘the separate self’ of thoughts. There isn’t “someone understanding” or “who understands”. Yet it’s often believed - if could just understand I’d finally feel better, like I want to feel - like myself - which is already appearing as ‘understanding’, and the thoughts about there being ‘an understander’. 

So to speak… 

The ‘separate self’ is the activity of thoughts and the body responds via contraction. Contraction is like holding a ball, whereas release, relief, or de-contraction is like dropping a ball or letting a ball go. In a way it’s like the difference between the ball being my ball, and the ball being for giving, as in for all.  

It is highly likely that thoughts of violence are arising of the right hemisphere, but with the roles reversed. Thoughts or imagery about violence, but with the ‘separate self’, ‘the victim’, in the role of the ‘perpetrator’. This rumination is (again, so to speak) the mind’s (also appearance) way of trying to understand by putting itself in the shoes of the ‘other’, which there isn’t (separate selves). Because the body is, let’s say, infinite intelligence, the body is well and is well aware… that there isn’t a separate self, and aren’t separate selves. Thus, the body’s contracting / the contraction occurs when the belief is experienced. 

The thoughts or imagery which arises in the right hemisphere is felt on the left side of the body. The right hemisphere is said to be the creative and male side. So the imagery arising is likely of violence, with the roles reversed, and with the ‘separate self’ as the male ‘perpetrator’. The corresponding contraction, or seeking energy, is experienced on the left side of the body. 

It’s likely experienced in the jaw because it related to expression being the key. It’s as if something is longed to be expressed, but is suppressed. As if something is persistently wanting to be said, and the mouth is ‘held shut’, like a ball is ‘held’. 

On 2/16/2023 at 5:38 AM, Orb said:

@Serenity I'm open to that. I notice teeth grinding during my dreams. Its so intense that it feels like my teeth are gonna break. Its a mindfuck because i dont know if the teeth grinding is real or just a dream lol.

Your teeth would show some signs of teeth grinding.

Your dentist would be definitely able to tell you.

“Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything.” - Rupert Spira

I use to grind my teeth in my sleep as a child do to seeing a lot of abuse as a kid. Anyways, if I put my front teeth on top of each other I can go all the way to the left and right with them totally smooth. My dentist pointed this out to me years ago. 

For the most part, I don't grind my teeth anymore. Every blue moon my husband will say I did in my sleep, but not often. 

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.