Dealing with materialist skepticism

I've been struggling a lot with materialist skeptics like on reddit and rationalwiki. To them nonduality, spirituality and consciousness work is all woo and the only truth is science and rationality. Many of my friends also fall into this category and its pretty depressing. I find myself doubting the spiritual path. How do you deal with materialist attacks on your worldview?

19 hours ago, spiritual dreams said:

I've been struggling a lot with materialist skeptics like on reddit and rationalwiki. To them nonduality, spirituality and consciousness work is all woo and the only truth is science and rationality. Many of my friends also fall into this category and its pretty depressing. I find myself doubting the spiritual path. How do you deal with materialist attacks on your worldview?

Beliefs are being overlooked.

@spiritual dreams

If I’m way off here feel free to just tell me so or disregard…

Is the most relevant question… how do I let go of this paradigm of understanding, and start manifesting what I actually want to experience?

Does it feel good to be, or believe to be seen as, “the understander”, “the knower”? 

Does what you want to manifest seem to lie on the other side of understanding or knowing, or being seen as understanding or knowing something? 

What comes to mind when I tell you that the most honest words I can express is that in Truth I am nothing, and I absolutely do not know or understand anything at all?

@Phil I guess the main issue is in not being able to fit in with more materialistically minded people and struggling to integrate in such a materialistic society. I find myself being pulled backwards and doubting the spiritual path simply because no one else believes in it and society views me as a crazy person for being spiritual.

17 hours ago, Phil said:

What’s worthwhile about defending a worldview? 

If the worldview is that spiritual practice is worthwhile then it should probably be defended.

17 hours ago, Phil said:

Also, what do you mean when you say “I find myself doubting”?

People's beliefs are influenced by their environments. Everyone I know and the social media platforms I go on think spiritual practice is bullshit. This definitely has an influence on my beliefs.

17 hours ago, Phil said:

What’s that myself which is found? And what’s doubt?

I thought I was having a stroke when I was reading this... 

48 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

If the worldview is that spiritual practice is worthwhile then it should probably be defended.

19 hours ago, spiritual dreams said:

I wouldn't be doing any self inquiry, meditation spiritual practice etc. if i didn't believe it was worthwile

Who believes it’s worthwhile?

What makes it worthwhile, which isn’t a belief?

People's beliefs are influenced by their environments. Everyone I know and the social media platforms I go on think spiritual practice is bullshit. This definitely has an influence on my beliefs.

How do you know that’s true? 

I thought I was having a stroke when I was reading this... 

How come?