Are Our Men Becoming Weaker in Society?

I think this is one of those things that is repeated in every generation but the current generation always forgets and then repeats it again. Like every generation has worried about men becoming more complacent or weak, idk lol. I think it's BS but I'm open to hearing your perspectives on this. 

♾️

I don't think it has anything to do with gender. I think that a lot of modern conveniences such as fast food, etc, do not equal well being, and there's some loss of sensitivity to what does feel good. For example, a lot of people don't recognize that a 5 mile hike plus deep conversation, an apple and drinking a lot of water feels way better in most instances than a movie, a heavy meal at a restaurant and the day's work to pay for it and the car the get around to those things. We've designed a country that for the most part aims to funnel people into making money to pay for cars and then sitting in them or for profit establishments all day. Maybe it takes a kind of strength to endure that lifestyle, or you could also call that strength complacency? 🤷‍♂️

Youtube Channel  

@Orb For some things yes. When a large company has the power of canceling someone's insurance the year after they get cancer because of preexisting conditions, I don't think it's such a great system.  None of my comments above have to do with capitalism itself but lifestyle and accepting what is normal as being the best option. Progress is not always the more convenient option, the path of least resistance is not always convenience. Ordering take out is not always the most convenient option, we just aren't really calculating the costs or being intentional or getting in tune with what we truly want. Just because you can text someone doesn't mean you shouldn't go to see them face to face. That's what I was trying to point out.

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy the example with the person getting their insurance canceled is more corporatism than a function of capitalism just wanted to put that out there. i understand what you are talking about, the consequences of convenience. Also, my credit card is 50 bucks away from being maxed out, ah the sacrifices for business. 

Edited by Orb

♾️

2 hours ago, Orb said:

@Phil I don't know honestly, its just what i hear in my community that people are saying, I would assume they mean more sensitive emotionally and less disciplined.

What is the relationship between more sensitive emotionally & less disciplined?

Or maybe more simply, between sensitivity and discipline…?

4 minutes ago, Orb said:

discipline is control, control is rooted in fear. Sensitivity is rooted and opening up the heart which is rooted in love 

I wonder, when you say ‘in my community’, if that reference is actually specific, to a religious community. 

A point to ponder if interested… can anything actually be rooted in an emotion? 

And aside, can any thing actually be rooted in love. 

58 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil yes a religious community haha. No nothing can be rooted in an emotion. The word resistance would've been a better choice instead of fear. Resistance builds more walls and conditions, we can see this in society for centuries its been like this.

I wonder if believing in God is emotional suppression. 🤔 

There’s a ‘behind the scenes’ implication, belief, mistaken identity. 

Then I wonder if sensitivity is attributed to the false identity. 

As if a property or attribute of a body or mind or some thing idk. 

I also wonder with respect to that community, if there is a certain air of ‘weak’ really meaning nonbeliever. 

Which isn’t far from “non-suppressor”. 

Maybe thats why, for example, when nation building and murdering hundreds of thousands of people, George W. Bush used words like “crusade”. 

8 minutes ago, Orb said:

@Phil I agree mostly. What do you mean by the air of weak?

Air of, as if ‘in the air’… even though not outright stated or said. 

The example that comes to mind, for whatever reason… Anton Chigurh, the villain from No Country For Old Men. He might not outright say he’s about to kill ya, but the air of it is palpable and undeniable. 

@Phil ah yea makes a lot of sense, so more non believers is interpreted as weaker generations of men. Im part of a group with the lead pastor hinself and some other young guys my age. And they always speak about how men don't have the right guidance nowadays. Which is so fucking sneaky lol 

♾️