Jump to content

Is the end of suffering the only authentic motive?


Blessed2
 Share

Recommended Posts

It seems to me like it is. I cannot imagine how anyone could be authentically seeking truth "just for the sake of truth itself".

 

That sounds off to me. Though I've heard people say that. Jed McKenna comes to mind. He says seeking 'peace of mind' is just egos nonsense, and the only true path is to seek truth just for the sake of truth. I think that's bullshit. And manipulative. Cause of course you're seeking for truth cause you think that's gonna be some sort of completion, a resolution, or Peace?

 

Brings in mind certain someone else who talks about "understanding for the sake of understanding". Gives me the same manipulative vibe. I think that's a way to try to seem like 'purer than thou', cause anyone hearing that will automatically be like "whaaat how could I ever have a pure intention like that? I just want to feel better. He must be less biased than I am." etc.

 

I dunno, somehow lately as the fact that I'm in fact not feeling great has come more and more clear and allowed to surface, and as the sort of message or calling to have it corrected is heard / felt, it just seems to me like denying the path of the Buddha makes less and less sense.

 

 

Edited by Blessed2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Is the end of suffering the only authentic motive?

What’s motive?

 

13 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

It seems to me like it is. I cannot imagine how anyone could be authentically seeking truth "just for the sake of truth itself".

What’s The Truth?

 

13 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

 

That sounds off to me. Though I've heard people say that. Jed McKenna comes to mind. He says seeking 'peace of mind' is just egos nonsense, and the only true path is to seek truth just for the sake of truth. I think that's bullshit. And manipulative. Cause of course you're seeking for truth cause you think that's gonna be some sort of completion, a resolution, or Peace?

What’s a thinker?

 

13 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

 

Brings in mind certain someone else who talks about "understanding for the sake of understanding". Gives me the same manipulative vibe. I think that's a way to try to seem like 'purer than thou', cause anyone hearing that will automatically be like "whaaat how could I ever have a pure intention like that? I just want to feel better. He must be less biased than I am." etc.

What’s understanding?

 

13 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

 

I dunno, somehow lately as the fact that I'm in fact not feeling great has come more and more clear and allowed to surface, and as the sort of message or calling to have it corrected is heard / felt, it just seems to me like denying the path of the Buddha makes less and less sense.

 

 

What’s The Buddha?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

It seems to me like it is. I cannot imagine how anyone could be authentically seeking truth "just for the sake of truth itself".

 

That sounds off to me. Though I've heard people say that. Jed McKenna comes to mind. He says seeking 'peace of mind' is just egos nonsense, and the only true path is to seek truth just for the sake of truth. I think that's bullshit. And manipulative. Cause of course you're seeking for truth cause you think that's gonna be some sort of completion, a resolution, or Peace?

 

Brings in mind certain someone else who talks about "understanding for the sake of understanding". Gives me the same manipulative vibe. I think that's a way to try to seem like 'purer than thou', cause anyone hearing that will automatically be like "whaaat how could I ever have a pure intention like that? I just want to feel better. He must be less biased than I am." etc.

 

I dunno, somehow lately as the fact that I'm in fact not feeling great has come more and more clear and allowed to surface, and as the sort of message or calling to have it corrected is heard / felt, it just seems to me like denying the path of the Buddha makes less and less sense.

 

 

Now is the bliss, love and freedom. you are the only one who stands against to it. I can not be free, I must be dropped, freedom, bliss and love already now, here. 

 

Many people misunderstanding is trying to be happy with the identification, completely wrong. When idenficiation ends, you realize you are the happiness. There is no separate you to feel happy or freedom. You are the happiness and freedom.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By clicking, I agree to the terms of use, rules, guidelines & to hold Actuality of Being LLC, admin, moderators & all forum members harmless.