A Strange Dichotomy in LoA

Orb

Part of suffering is the separate self using sensations for pleasure, basically always seeking to feel better because that's all it knows to do, literally. 

But then at the same time theres the whole "follow what feels good" thing in LoA. 

whats going on here? 😬

♾️

16 hours ago, Orb said:

Part of suffering is the separate self using sensations for pleasure, basically always seeking to feel better because that's all it knows to do, literally. 

The separate self is the activity of, content of, believing of thoughts. There isn’t an actual second or separate entity, which is seeking, using, knowing or doing. 

Via believing thoughts, awareness believes it is a part, a finite object, because the implied content of thought can only be that of separate finite objects. 

Seeking is meditative & investigative, vs the believing of thoughts. Meditatively, awareness is ‘found’ to be the very activity of thought, and therein never the implied content of thoughts, because awareness is infinite, appearing as finite thoughts. 

16 hours ago, Orb said:

But then at the same time theres the whole "follow what feels good" thing in LoA. 

Write what’s wanted on your dreamboard. If & when discordant thoughts about a separate self arise, don’t believe them, inspect. Write the thoughts out on the back of the board. Now the thoughts are perception. Much easier to see. 

@Mandy you're kinda right 🙂.

2 things are needed for a contradiction, that's why it's a di-chotomy. 

I know what follow what feels good really points too. 

@Phil you're kinda right too, there's some more subtle beliefs that are being overlooked.

I can't have a big double sided board in my room, there wouldn't be enough space. 

I only have a 1 sided smaller whiteboard on wheels.

I can't believe I bought a white board for this shit! 😂

Edited by Orb

♾️