Planning? yay or nay?

ivankiss

I have a plan for the next six months of my life. Simple and straightforward. Kinda strict and limited too. I also have a more loose plan from then on. 

I wonder, am I missing out on even better opportunities by trying to plan my way to what I desire to attain? Is there perhaps a faster, smoother and more exciting way in completely letting go and letting life take you where it wants to take you? Am I trying to control things too much?

I am aware of the sacrifice I'm making by sticking to this plan. And I'm aware that it's probably going to be quite a bit uncomfortable. But I am willing to go for it for the sake of accelerating my progress and growth, and seeing the results I want to see. On the other hand though, some of the most memorable experiences I've ever had were spontaneous and unforeseen. I could not plan out all that magic. It simply happened on its own. Flawlessly and effortlessly.

To plan or not to plan? That is the question.

5 hours ago, ivankiss said:

I have a plan for the next six months of my life. Simple and straightforward. Kinda strict and limited too. I also have a more loose plan from then on. 

Yay.

Since it’s what you want it’s actually empowering & expansive, consciously creating isn’t it so? 

I wonder, am I missing out on even better opportunities by trying to plan my way to what I desire to attain?

I’d put the plan on a dreamboard and add to it, change it, update it, and hone it with more specifics freely as they arise. Makes for less thinking & more enjoying. More of an experiencing of planning than planning. Also makes it easy to see any gaps, and then you can just google or ask people experience based questions fill those details / gaps in. 

Is there perhaps a faster, smoother and more exciting way in completely letting go and letting life take you where it wants to take you? Am I trying to control things too much?

Is it possible to consciously create & control simultaneously? 

I am aware of the sacrifice I'm making by sticking to this plan. And I'm aware that it's probably going to be quite a bit uncomfortable. But I am willing to go for it for the sake of accelerating my progress and growth, and seeing the results I want to see. On the other hand though, some of the most memorable experiences I've ever had were spontaneous and unforeseen. I could not plan out all that magic. It simply happened on its own. Flawlessly and effortlessly.

To plan or not to plan? That is the question.

The planning is not magic, happening on it’s own as well…? 

Ivan too, isn’t it so?

@Devin That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Phil said:

Since it’s what you want it’s actually empowering & expansive, consciously creating isn’t it so? 

It is, yes. But it also kinda hurts due to the 'sacrifice' it requires. By focusing on one specific vision, I'm blocking out all these other things that I like and enjoy too. 

'From potentially anything to a defined something'. - that's how I see it.

15 hours ago, Phil said:

I’d put the plan on a dreamboard and add to it, change it, update it, and hone it with more specifics freely as they arise. Makes for less thinking & more enjoying. More of an experiencing of planning than planning. Also makes it easy to see any gaps, and then you can just google or ask people experience based questions fill those details / gaps in. 

My journal was kinda my dreamboard so far. I put all my ideas there and then change and add to them along the way. But I think getting an actual board could not hurt. I might just do that. Seems a bit cleaner and more in my face haha.

15 hours ago, Phil said:

Is it possible to consciously create & control simultaneously? 

Being fully present in the moment and actually doing it/creating is one thing. Thinking about how it's all going to play out and what I'm supposed to do is what seems like I'm trying to control too much. It's happening in thinking.

15 hours ago, Phil said:

The planning is not magic, happening on it’s own as well…? 

Ivan too, isn’t it so?

That's a nice little twist. Thanks. 

It is, yes. And I do enjoy even that part.

I guess I'm just afraid of taking the wrong steps and I also fear missing out on things. I'm doubting the ways I choose. I'm doing it all alone and even in spite of some things. I wonder if I'm being foolish, arrogant and too stubborn... blind?

I struggle to fully trust myself.