Does Discipline have a Place in this "Work"?

Orb

So far some habits are going on that don't feel the best. 

There's a daily loop of feeling crappy physically all day from drugs/food, then meditating deeply at night and feeling contentment/hope then waking up and starting it all over again.

The word discipline always seemed too rigid, but now it seems like it's the right approach.

After trying to love my way into stopping these behaviors, it seems maybe discipline and a "just do it!" Attitude is better for me right now.

♾️

@James123 Nope, its called kratom, it mimics opioids/opiates. 

I only took it for a few days to suppress feeling, but it gives weird withdrawal symptoms, like my left eye burns and gets teary, body feels a little sick. 

Been a breeze so far, coffee and exercise help. Should be feeling better tomorrow morning. 

♾️

7 minutes ago, Orb said:

@James123 Nope, its called kratom, it mimics opioids/opiates. 

I only took it for a few days to suppress feeling, but it gives weird withdrawal symptoms, like my left eye burns and gets teary, body feels a little sick. 

Been a breeze so far, coffee and exercise help. Should be feeling better tomorrow morning. 

Great 👍 be far away. The reason why you are human is just to “be” “human”.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Phil

Yea, to make it more clear: it's not like hardcore or chronic self-control thoughts all the time. 

It's more like just acknowledging that there can be an acclimatization  process when adopting new behaviors/practices. That there may be a little bit of "going against the grain" when it comes to change in one's life just for a few days at least, and this is where discipline comes in.

For me personally beliefs have been held that everything should just be completely painless which in my experience just isn't true, but this isn't a bad thing at all. 

As for the meditation, first thing in the morning is too intense because of the feeling of a bloated stomach, headache, grogginess. I find working out before the meditation helps. 

♾️