4 damaging foods for the brain

1. Fish

Especially predatory types of fish.

Fish contain organic mercury which binds to fat ( like fat in fish). Sine the brain is of a lot of fat, organic mercury accumulates there by bypasing the blood brain barrier, where it does its damage.

Tuna (187 mcg/kg), snapper (256 mcg/kg )and butter fish (677 mcg/kg) have one of the highest concentrations.

It's better to take an algea based dha supplement, that was testes for heavy metals.

2. Alcohol

Pretty obvious, we drank it. Stimulates the production of GABA which inhibits nerv cell function. It also inhibits vitamin B1, causing sugar to be fermented instead of breathed having a carcinogenic effect on the brain.

3. Fried/Roasted/Grilled Foods

Meats and roasted nuts. Process produces AGE's ( advanced glycation endproducts )

Well known for disrupting all sorts of neurological functions, leading for example to sleep problems. In addition trans fats are an end product of this process.

4. Artifical sweeteners

Like Asphatan, which you can find in light soda, sugar free sodas etc.

Can inhibit the synthesis of neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin.

If you want something sweet, take oat syrup, date syrup, maple syrup etc.

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

19 hours ago, Mandy said:

I'm still a fan of wild caught salmon and sardines

Looks like we got us a wild caught Mandy here.😁

19 hours ago, Mandy said:

but in my opinion tuna should even be fished anymore. 😬

Wouldn't Phil say something like, does anything need to be caught anymore? Or is it just a thought?

Edited by Eothasian

Animals are good people

30 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Caught?! 😂

Ok, just a wild.

30 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Dunno. Of course, it is more productive to focus on what you want rather than stay focused on what you don't want. There are foods that detox heavy metals, and thousands of plants and herbs that have powerful mind-blowing medicinal and healing properties, that we could focus on instead. 

Save.

But what about the prevention thing ?

Cuz I know, I sometimes crave coconute oil chocolate ice cream, but I know it's going to but me in a delirium because of the cocoa. 

Animals are good people

@Eothasian We want to prevent things because we want to live a happy healthy life, and be doing the stuff we want to do. So if you focus on what you want to do, and you focus on the essence of healthy and happiness, you'll be inspired to what you want, and naturally gravitate away from what you don't want. If we focus on "I want it but" then we get stuck going back and forth. Either find another flavor you're just as passionate about, or pour some almond milk and put a little bit of chocolate coconut milk ice cream in there and mix it up. I gave up coffee and tea in January, and now I drink even more herbal teas that I enjoy a lot more than the caffeinated ones I was unknowingly limiting myself to before. Never thought about licorice, dandelion root, lemon balm, hibiscus, and chaga when I was only drinking it to get an energy boost. 

Youtube Channel  

1 minute ago, Eothasian said:

But for that I would need to know why I would find another flavor in the first place.

💪

You can't truly appreciate a second thing without letting go of the thought of the absence of the first. Each is whole within itself, not two, not a first or second. 

Youtube Channel  

@Eothasian Yes, and although wisdom says, "avoid foods known to be high in mercury, chemicals, preservatives, etc",  the belief that our hurt is caused by something, and is not directly guidance is the true avoidance. The something is the materialist paradigm. That thought is directly, the only thing contaminating "now".  Does that make sense?

Youtube Channel  

15 minutes ago, Mandy said:

the belief that our hurt is caused by something, and is not directly guidance is the true avoidance

I agree, but guidance can take on all forms

16 minutes ago, Mandy said:

The something is the materialist paradigm. That thought is directly, the only thing contaminating "now".  Does that make sense?

How does it apply to my?

Animals are good people