Breaking Old Thinking Patterns

As a consequence of reflecting for a long time about my future career, I am stuck in repetitive thinking cycles which are definitely not beneficial for achieving the goal of finding a career. How do I create new patterns of thinking that can potentially offer me new insights, opportunities and solutions? Perhaps a psychedelic can help? (or perhaps make things worse?) I do try to expose myself to new experiences and different people, yet the old thinking patterns remain. 

Regarding the dreamboard, there is nothing there that can imply on my dream career. Yes, I have something written like "a job I love, with which I can contribute and earn money" but nothing more specific than that. Other content is unrelated to a career.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:03 AM, Valley2Mountain said:

As a consequence of reflecting for a long time about my future career, I am stuck in repetitive thinking cycles which are definitely not beneficial for achieving the goal of finding a career.

“Consequence” is another thought - and isn’t a consequence. 

Notice you can not possibly be “in thoughts” - because you are always awareness of the thoughts. Any & all thoughts without any exception. Even thoughts “about you” - you are the awareness of

One can never be ‘stuck in thoughts’. That is a thought, which can, and yet of course certainly doesn’t have to be, believed. 

How do I create new patterns of thinking that can potentially offer me new insights, opportunities and solutions?

Writing instead of “thinking”.  Rather than trying to create new patterns - literally write what you want on paper or on the dreamboard. 

Perhaps a psychedelic can help? (or perhaps make things worse?) I do try to expose myself to new experiences and different people, yet the old thinking patterns remain. 

Any and all new experiences stand to change perspectives. Trips, retreats, experiencing healing modalities, talking with someone & expressing, asking others for their thoughts & perspectives, etc. 

Regarding the dreamboard, there is nothing there that can imply on my dream career.

What does “imply on” mean? Not sure how that’s meant & I think in expressing that there is a lot of ‘meat on the bone’ - a big shift to be experienced & realization and clarity to follow. 

The entirety of reality - the whole of experience - including ‘the person’ “you” - is a dream. 

Not just the career. 

Yes, I have something written like "a job I love, with which I can contribute and earn money" but nothing more specific than that.

Get general / zoom out, by doing anything you like, enjoy, appreciate and or love. Even going for a walk and really noticing the sensations, the birds chirping, the beauty of the sky, of life, the impossibility and magic of it all - that you Are - that awareness, consciousness Is - all ‘zooming out’ / letting the focus upon the subject at hand go. 

THEN - in having ‘plugged in’ to feeling, allowed feeling - THEN - specifics will arise / come to mind - write them on the dreamboard. 

It’s not a “doing” - it’s a letting go, zooming out - and allowing. 

Other content is unrelated to a career.

“It’s” all One - the whole of experience. 

Allow is all to be related, relativity, interwoven. Write whatever comes to mind (step one) - THEN you’ll visually, literally - SEE it in front of you….

THEN -  ‘dots will connect’. 

🙂

One step at a time. 

18 hours ago, Phil said:

One step at a time

Amen to that. An important reminder.

19 hours ago, Phil said:

I think in expressing that

What 'that' is referring to?

19 hours ago, Phil said:

What does “imply on” mean?

What I was trying to say in that sentence is that, the concrete things that can be labeled as "Doing" written on my dreamboard, aren't meant (for me) to be invested in as much time as a job. For example, I wrote playing the guitar, practicing water sports, travel&exploration,photography, gardening and etc. Yes, I want to have my own garden to cultivate food and beautiful plants. Do I want to be a gardener? no. I want to have the ability to take beautiful shots with a camera, by I don't want to be a full time photographer. Same goes for the other stuff. Yes, you're right, it's a whole dream life I'm trying to build here and not only a dream career. It's just that at the moment I am focusing on finding the dream career.

By the way, could you check please my post on "conscious creating" regarding the back side of the dreamboard?

1 hour ago, Valley2Mountain said:

What 'that' is referring to?

To this…

the concrete things that can be labeled as "Doing" written on my dreamboard, aren't meant (for me) to be invested in as much time as a job.

How do you know that’s true?

By the way, could you check please my post on "conscious creating" regarding the back side of the dreamboard?

Yep. 🙂

On 7/26/2022 at 3:02 PM, Phil said:

How do you know that’s true?

From experience. Let's take traveling for example, which is on my dreamboard. I really enjoy travelling, adventure, trekking. However, my last travel was for 8 months and at the end of it (even before that) I felt saturated. It didn't feel sustainable or fun anymore. I felt the desire to master something, create something, actualize my potential and contribute somehow. Traveling wasn't the actualization of my full potential. So why traveling is on my dreamboard then? Because I still enjoy it. A multi day hike here, a month there. But not consistently as, let's say, a travel blogger. Based on the cover photo of your webpage and the setting in your youtube videos, It's not difficult to assume that you live in proximity to nature. Hence, you probably enjoy the outdoors too. Nevertheless, it's not your full time career, right? it's definitely an important facet of my life but not the whole thing.

Ohhhh I understand now.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:02 PM, Phil said:

aren't meant (for me) to be invested in as much time as a job.

'for me' here refers to my preferences. I acknowledge that for others it can be their career yet for me it remains a hobby. Didn't mean it as my destiny, that was written on a sacred stone in Mount Olympus before my birth.  

p.s. perhaps we can go hiking together one day😉.

4 hours ago, Valley2Mountain said:

Ohhhh I understand now.

'for me' here refers to my preferences. I acknowledge that for others it can be their career yet for me it remains a hobby. Didn't mean it as my destiny, that was written on a sacred stone in Mount Olympus before my birth.  

COuld be for you also, but I hear ya, there’s something else more desired. Sometimes making a long list of what isn’t desired, stepping away, and then coming back to it and write every opposite next to each thing on the list is very revealing / illuminating of what you most prefer. 

4 hours ago, Valley2Mountain said:

p.s. perhaps we can go hiking together one day😉.

That’d be awesome.