Psychedelics and Integration

Celestial

Do you have any tips on how to integrate a psychedelic experience?

Is it about foundation, meditation or conceptual understanding?

What do you do that helps you to embody the clarity that you experience on psychedelics?

Any thoughts or suggestions on the topic are greatly appreciated.

@Celestial

I think this depends on the trip itself.

What was the intention of the trip? (could be, but is not limited to: meditation, spirituality, creative work, life purpose, emotional issues, just for fun/exploration)

What did the trip 'show you'?

What's to be done about it, after the trip?

What do you remember from the trip? Write everything down which comes to your mind. Sometimes I even get an aha-moment about a trip MONTHS after the trip. So, always be open to the possibility that something was already shown to you (trip or not trip), which you didn't have on your radar yet. I also wouldn't dwell too much, but rather let it come to you. Receiving mode.

Another great question to contemplate is: How did this trip change my focus?

@Celestial

Hard to have a psychedelic trip which is not fruitful imo. :classic_laugh: But I'd say because it's more intentional, thus more planned, you can prepare better for the integration phase.

Say, you intend to learn something about music during your trip, but don't have an instrument to play afterwards. That'd kinda be a bum if you would want to integrate the lessons from the trip, by playing an instrument. Though a bit more abstract, the same applies to spiritual and emotional intent - 'preparing', aligning spiritually and emotionally, having instruments such as Qi Gong, Yoga, Meditation, Emotional Scales, assisted therapy, and so on.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, Celestial said:

Do you have any tips on how to integrate a psychedelic experience?

Yes. First locate it. Make sure, double check, where you have it. Then revisit integrating it. 

Is it about foundation, meditation or conceptual understanding?

Experience is already a conceptualization. Then there is the seemingly secondary conceptualization of ‘integrating a psychedelic experience’… which is like asking, how can I ‘integrate the past’, the only answer is of course, the present. Where is this “past”… and if you do indeed find it - then by all means, work on integrating it. 

“That”… is This. 

What do you do that helps you to embody the clarity that you experience on psychedelics?

Inspection of self referential thoughts. 

Any thoughts or suggestions on the topic are greatly appreciated.

🤞 hope so. 😬

Conjecture… also apparent… also THIS.

Don’t mind me though, this is just the trip talkin. 

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Yes. First locate it. Make sure, double check, where you have it. Then revisit integrating it. 

Ya got me ☺️

So in actuality, when I attempt to 'integrate' a trip, I'm essentially just trying to integrate thoughts? That seems a bit silly thinking about it now.

@Celestial

I’m glad and a bit relieved you see the humorous aspect. 😅 

Since integrate is a thought, there isn’t even integrating thought. 😂 

Nice to see this early on the path imo. Some don’t ever see it and end up with a new identity constructed of past trip experiences. Like wearing them like badges or something, missing the whole point really. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

@Celestial

Since integrate is a thought, there isn’t even integrating thought. 😂 

Got me again 🥲

Will have to contemplate all of this.

I still haven't had a breakthrough trip so this is all sort of conceptual for me at the moment.

@Celestial

Meditation is fundamentally the foundation, in that meditation is not two. Or, there are not two in meditation, there is just, meditation. 

Meditation essentially means ‘the middle way’. Like Medieval Times means the middle times, or like how a medic is the middle between the battlefield & the hospital. 

In the thought, ‘conceptual for me’, there seems to be two; what is aware of thought, and the one the thought seems to be about, the integrator. 

You might say meditation appears as the very thoughts.

Meditation seems to shed light on all of this. 

Not to imply a big swing to the adverse, that you shouldn’t have a breakthrough trip. 

You should definitely have a breakthrough trip. 

Sendin breakthrough vibes. 🙏