How do you know when is the proper time to communicate something that you're concerned about, or when to let it go? If we hope that everything will resolve on its own and don't communicate when something first starts to feel off, doesn't that lead to overreaction and blindsiding? 

How do we communicate when something first feels off? Do we seek first to understand and ask questions to clarify? 

Youtube Channel  

On 8/7/2024 at 1:19 PM, Mandy said:

How do you know when is the proper time to communicate something that you're concerned about, or when to let it go? 

By feel. 

If we hope that everything will resolve on its own and don't communicate when something first starts to feel off, doesn't that lead to overreaction and blindsiding? 

Very likely, but not necessarily. 

How do we communicate when something first feels off? 

If possible, gently, peacefully, with kindness, compassion and understanding in your voice. Some humor wouldn't hurt either. 

Do we seek first to understand and ask questions to clarify? 

Up to you. Not a must. 

On 8/7/2024 at 7:19 AM, Mandy said:

How do we communicate when something first feels off? Do we seek first to understand and ask questions to clarify? 

I think it depends on the person - if someone is the kind of person that things often feel off to them, I think it makes sense to try and understand why it keeps happening. Although it could also be the case that the person is surrounded by toxic people - in which case the sooner they communicate the sooner the environment will start changing.

I think action is always better than inaction though.