Self-actualization vs. Self-realization

As has been told to me on multiple occasions now. This forum is a place of self-realization.

But Self-actualization and Self-realization are invariably linked. Speaking from my own experience,  ( self-actualization ) almost automatically and smoothly lead me to   

( self-realization) over time and they influence each other constantly.

Because if you genuinely spent time getting to know „yourself“. Put in the work, build up your life, fully take care of survival, resolve the past, set ridiculous goals and study a lot etc. you will ultimately end up with God in one way or another. It was unmissable to me.

Obviously. That is just my experience. I imagine there are plenty of people in the world who completely miss God despite being very much dedicated / ambitious and spiritually uninclined.

But for me, it was a steady progression and I could feel and see it happen „to me“ slowly.

I saw it coming from miles away. I wasn’t exactly sure where this journey would take me , but I distinctly remember thinking that there is something of great importance to be realised here ( relatively speaking ).

What does spiritually inclined look like according to you? And what is spiritually  uninclined exactly? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

39 minutes ago, Reena said:

What does spiritually inclined look like according to you? And what is spiritually  uninclined exactly? 

I just realised that I should have phrased it differently. The way I did it is genuinely a bit confusing. 

What I was meaning to say was. Some people just completely miss spiritually, for whatever reason.  Be it obsessions with gathering material things or living a shallow lifestyle.

The polar opposite of that would be people who have been deeply hurt ( like me ). Who will naturally / generally gravitate towards some form of spirituality in search of healing and understanding.

Just now, Marcel said:

I just realised that I should have phrased it differently. The way I did it is genuinely a bit confusing. 

What I was meaning to say was. Some people just completely miss spiritually, for whatever reason.  Be it obsessions with gathering material things or living a shallow lifestyle.

The polar opposite of that would be people who have been deeply hurt ( like me ). Who will naturally / generally gravitate towards some form of spirituality in search of healing and understanding.

I see. Ok thanks. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

In short:

Self-realization refers to the direct recognition of the non-dual nature of reality and the dissolution of the separate self.

Self-actualization involves achieving personal potential and growth from an illusory perspective on behalf of a separate self.

Self-actualization is an illusion of believing thoughts, based on and reinforcing a separate self and selves, which is the root of all suffering, experiential conflict, discord, tension and dis-ease.

The concept of self-actualization involves adopting and believing a specific narrative of thoughts, while overlooking that this narrative is on behalf of a separate self in time, achieving its potential through self-improvement, self-development and personal growth, fulfilling individual desires within the framework of ego, which is the very illusion dispelled by self-realization.

Actions, behaviors, and ideologies stemming from limiting beliefs such as inferiority, inadequacy, lack and deficiency, along with denial of the discord of these yet-inspected beliefs and emotional suppression, are what the concept of self-actualization arises from, further reinforcing the illusory separate self and the suffering and isolation inherent in the concept.

Self-realization on the other hand, exposes and reveals the illusory nature of a separate self and selves, recognizing the nonduality of existence, dissolving limiting and discordant beliefs, revealing the true and present creator. This emphasizes direct experience, conscious creation, and the already inherent & present wholeness and completeness of being.

When the 'results' of self-actualization appear satisfactory but subtle conflicting inconsistencies remain unexamined, it’s crucial to look deeper into the source of the conceptual ideology. Simply advocating self-actualization does not, in direct experience, truly yield the fruits of self-realization, such as truth / true happiness, meaningful and deeply connective relationships, and the profound ever-present joy of consciously creating as consciousness, or, being.

Potential deflections and projections like "all differences are imagined" only highlight the illusory nature of separation. While the self of conceptual self-actualization might be said to embody love, ‘it’ nonetheless remains within the framework of the ego.

Self-realization, in contrast, is about recognizing the non-dual nature of reality and dispelling the illusion of a separate or second self, unveiling the profound and true self-inherent satisfaction of being. In other words, self-actualization is not at odds with self-realization, any more than an illusion is at odds with reality.

56 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Marcel Believing in people who aren't spiritual is a recipe for loneliness, pride/insecurity and misunderstanding what you attract. That no one gets it, is getting it. 

I don’t actually believe that there are people who aren’t spiritual. I need to phrase my points differently. Not the first time communicating my ideas has given me responses that are contradictory to my actual message. But that’s for me to work on 👍

@Phil

„This emphasizes direct experience, conscious creation, and the already inherent & present wholeness and completeness of being“

It seems the way I communicated got in my way again. That’s exactly what I meant. 

Also. Apparently my conceptions of self-actualization and self-realization are little bit conflated. I arrived at the same conclusion you provided, but my description and the way I formulated my argument need some work. 

Probably stems from the fact that I just regularly started posting stuff. 

Anyhow. Great response. Thank you very much.