Question about release and catharsis.

Kevin

1 hour ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

It was just that one part…

It leans toward a sep self referential thought loop, with the other ‘end’ of the loop being… ‘and now I feel worse’. 

And just like that, there seems to be a sep self, in time, and how “it feels”. 

While in truth feeling is infinite, appearing as the  whole show. 

Thoughts, cars, planes, air, etc - all feeling. All (actually) Self (feeling). 

that’s exactly right honestly. Because today it seems like I’m feeling a lot worse

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Feeling is just unfettered or un-obscured of discordant thoughts (suffering)… and that’s it. It’s more than ample, and it’s only presently. 

I thought that to unfetter I need to allow what I’m feeling. However I’m concerned that I’m ruminating and that if I just allow what I’m feeling it will never get better.

I’m worried that I’m doing it wrong sometimes. Because undoubtedly I experience less of certain kinds of suffering. But today I’m not feeling good at all. I want some relief and I want to feel better but idk. I’m lost

1 hour ago, Phil said:

There’s no sep self which feels better. Nor which felt this or that way in a past or might feel this or that way in a future. 

So there is no actual comparison between “how I feel now”, and “how I felt then” or “how I will or might feel when”. 

The wild ‘thing’ is the situation literally could not be more simple. ♥️

Yeah I guess I could just stop suffering. Idk how though.

So that’s the resistance, right?

You’re feeling worry, and the resistance added is you’re essentially saying you’re not - that there is someone which is worried.

That is the not-acknowleding worry is felt, right?

Make sense?

And it’s because what’s really goin on is some doubt, yes? 

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

In your direct experience, there is not found someone who’s worried, yes?

You, are feeling, experiencing, the emotion worry, yeah?

Yes worry, despair and guilt.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

So that’s the resistance, right?

Yes when I think thoughts about how I am loser and I’ll never amount to anything and I’m worthless, I guess I’m haven’t been acknowledging the emotion. Instead I guess it just seemed like the sadness and despair experienced were because that story about a me was true. So maybe I’ve been ruminating.

You’re feeling worry, and the resistance added is you’re essentially saying you’re not - that there is someone which is worried.

That is the not-acknowleding worry is felt, right?

Make sense?

Yeah that is what’s been going on I guess.

And it’s because what’s really goin on is some doubt, yes? 

Yes there’s doubt that I can experience what I want to experience and there is doubt that things will get better.

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

As in, if you don’t experience what you want, disappointment might be felt? 

Yes I’d experience disappoint. Also insecurity if I focus on thoughts about how it’s my fault or there’s something wrong with me and that’s why I didn’t experience what I wanted.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

Strong sense of urgency?

As if behind time & comparison wise?

Frustration, impatience, irritation?

Yes much urgency. I think I’m behind. I think everyone else has it figured out. I think everyone I know has a thriving social life and many people I know who are my age and younger are in serious relationships so I think I’m behind. And that worries me. I guess without the worry I would be frustrated and impatient. Now I’ve been focusing a lot on how things aren’t going right so now I’m worried things will keep going like this.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

That’s got a half true ring to it. 🙂
What arises, such that the true peace of your being, to which contentment points, is not fully pronounced, basked in?

I feel tension. I feel a knot in my belly. I feel like something is not quite right. I’m trying to be present with how I feel.  It its not super comfortable and. I would prefer to feel confident.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

Confident how so? For what scenario?

I guess I think you need to be confident to meet girls and make friends. I guess I never noticed that the only reason I think I need confidence is because things seem scary. So maybe unacknowledged fear is present.

9 hours ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

What seems scary?

What’s in the interpretation, by which fear is felt?

I think people won’t like me. Socializing seems high pressure because I want people to like me and I believe I need to know what to do. I think I need to know. How to socialize. Often I don’t know how so I feel fear around that.