Random amazing things around this world

Posted (edited)

The beauty of apples. Did you have an apple today? 

8vsw2a.jpg

This nutritious fruit offers multiple health benefits. Apples may lower your chance of developing cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Apples may also help you lose weight while improving your gut and brain health.

Apples are the most widely  fruit globally.

From sweet red varieties, like Red Delicious, Fuji, or Gala, to tangy green ones, like Granny Smith — my favorite with lime juice and a little salt when I want a savory snack — there is an apple for everyone.

They’re commonly used in recipes like pies, cookies, muffins, jam, salads, oatmeal, or smoothies. They also make a great snack or wedged and smeared with nut butter.

In addition to their culinary versatility and numerous colors and flavors, apples are an exceptionally healthy fruit with many research-backed benefits.

Nutritious

Apples are considered nutrient-dense fruits, meaning they provide a lot of nutrients per serving.

The current Dietary Guidelines for AmericansTrusted Source recommend 2 cups of fruit daily for a 2,000-calorie diet, emphasizing whole fruits like apples.

One medium 7-ounce (oz) or 200 grams (g) apple offers the following nutrients:

Calories: 104

Carbs: 28 g

Fiber: 5 g

Vitamin C: 10% of the Daily Value (DV)

Copper: 6% of the DV

Potassium: 5% of the DV

Vitamin K: 4% of the DV

The same serving also provides 2–5%Trusted Source of the DV for vitamins E, B1, and B6.

Apples are also a rich source of polyphenols, an important group of antioxidants. While nutrition labels don’t list these plant compounds, they're likely source for many of apples’ health benefits.

To get the most out of apples, leave the skin on, as it contains half of the fiber and most of the polyphenols.

May support weight loss

Apples are high in fiber and water, which makes them filling.

In one study, eating whole apples increased fullness more than consuming equal amounts of apple juice. This may happen because whole apples reduce gastric emptying — the rate at which your stomach empties.

Apples are particularly filling due to their high fiber and water content. Their polyphenols may also have anti-obesity effects.

Could be good for your heart

Apples have been linked to a lower chance of heart disease. Research has found that eating 100-150 g/d of whole apples is associated with a lower chanceTrusted Source of heart disease and risk factors such as high blood pressure.

One reason may be that they contain soluble fiber. This fiber is also associatedTrusted Source with a lower chance of heart disease.

Another reason may be that they offer polyphenols. Some of these may help lower blood pressure. Studies have also linked high intakes of flavonoids with a lower chance of stroke.

Another study has also linked eating apples to a reduced chance of stroke.

Source - internet. 

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I absolutely love apples and buy two or three bags of them a week. 😂 I also really like how many fruits have star patterns and star shaped flowers if you look. If you cut open an apple through the middle, (not top to bottom) you'll see star shape, which also echoes the five petal flower shape. They're also really resilient trees, I've seen some totally break off in storms and still flower and bear apples as if nothing happened. 

Youtube Channel  

28 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I absolutely love apples and buy two or three bags of them a week. 😂 I also really like how many fruits have star patterns and star shaped flowers if you look. If you cut open an apple through the middle, (not top to bottom) you'll see star shape, which also echoes the five petal flower shape. They're also really resilient trees, I've seen some totally break off in storms and still flower and bear apples as if nothing happened. 

Awesome. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.