This is exactly how i feel and my perspective

3 hours ago, James123 said:

I have to call BS on this video.  This idea that the emotions go away, especially negative emotions, post enlightenment I think is wrong.  Nothing changes in that respect except for an underlying Bliss or Constant Peace that sits up underneath the Witnessing of emotions (pleasures and pains) of the dream.  You will experience fear of death, but You'll Know death is ultimately an illusion.  So you'll Witness the emotion of fear while Being Bliss if that makes sense.  The mind will continue to create emotions (pleasures and pains) in the dream that will be Witnessed by Pure Unchanging Consciousness, but as the Self, You'll Know that the dream is ultimately an illusion, and via that Knowledge you'll be in unchanging Peace (Bliss) on a higher level despite (and in addition to) feeling those changing emotions caused by the mind.  The mistake being made here is assuming the self in the dream has to be equivalent to the Eternal Self.  As if you need to turn your dream character into the Self.  I keep pointing out the error of this. 

This is the whole problem with morality in spiritual enlightenment, the idea that to be enlightened my dream character has to be a saint.  Well that just misses the whole point, doesn't it!  Instead of seeing the illusion of the snake in the rope, you're trying to turn the snake into a care bear.  But that is ego.  The dream ultimately does not exist, it's an illusion.  But that doesn't mean it will cease doing its changing dreamlike Maya things.  It will, but you will Know at a deeper level that the changing dream isn't even 3-dimensional.  It has no substance.  Another error, again, is thinking the Self controls the self -- the idea that I'm not spiritually enlightened unless my character in the dream appears to embody Bliss mostly to others that I want to convince that I'm more awake than they are.  That's all in the movie.  That's all ego. 

You have to have an experience of a Self-realization where you realize the Self != the self.  The problem with this is spiritual enlightenment is most likely exceedingly rare, like a tiny percentage of beings Awake from the dream.  I don't think it's based on genetics, but it's based on something.  You either get it or you don't at some point.  And it's not an intellectual getting -- it's a shift in identity.  When that shift occurs, the confusion/ignorance goes away.  But the dream is still going to be doing its dreamlike things, but You will Know that at a deeper level all of that is like watching a movie and identifying with the movie as being Real instead of just real.  Real with a lowercase 'r' instead of an uppercase 'R'.  Just like watching a movie seems real, or you wouldn't take it seriously.  But you know the movie is not Real at a deeper level.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

42 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I have to call BS on this video.  This idea that the emotions go away, especially negative emotions, post enlightenment I think is wrong.  Nothing changes in that respect except for an underlying Bliss or Constant Peace that sits up underneath the Witnessing of emotions (pleasures and pains) of the dream.  You will experience fear of death, but You'll Know death is ultimately an illusion.  So you'll Witness the emotion of fear while Being Bliss if that makes sense.  The mind will continue to create emotions (pleasures and pains) in the dream that will be Witnessed by Pure Unchanging Consciousness, but as the Self, You'll Know that the dream is ultimately an illusion, and via that Knowledge you'll be in unchanging Peace (Bliss) on a higher level despite (and in addition to) feeling those changing emotions caused by the mind.  The mistake being made here is assuming the self in the dream has to be equivalent to the Eternal Self.  As if you need to turn your dream character into the Self.  I keep pointing out the error of this. 

This is the whole problem with morality in spiritual enlightenment, the idea that to be enlightened my dream character has to be a saint.  Well that just misses the whole point, doesn't it!  Instead of seeing the illusion of the snake in the rope, you're trying to turn the snake into a care bear.  But that is ego.  The dream ultimately does not exist, it's an illusion.  But that doesn't mean it will cease doing its changing dreamlike Maya things.  It will, but you will Know at a deeper level that the changing dream isn't even 3-dimensional.  It has no substance.  Another error, again, is thinking the Self controls the self -- the idea that I'm not spiritually enlightened unless my character in the dream appears to embody Bliss mostly to others that I want to convince that I'm more awake than they are.  That's all in the movie.  That's all ego. 

You have to have an experience of a Self-realization where you realize the Self != the self.  The problem with this is spiritual enlightenment is most likely exceeding rare, like a tiny percentage of beings Awake from the dream.  I don't think it's based on genetics, but it's based on something.  You either get it or you don't at some point.  And it's not an intellectual getting -- it's a shift in identity.  When that shift occurs, the confusion/ignorance goes away.  But the dream is still going to be doing its dreamlike things, but You will Know that at a deeper level all of that is like watching a movie and identifying with the movie as being Real instead of just real.  Real with a lowercase 'r' instead of an uppercase 'R'.  Just like watching a movie seems real, or you wouldn't take it seriously.  But you know the movie is not Real at a deeper level.

Knowing the path and walking the path different brother. You are just lying to yourself, please do not do it. Movie is way deeper than you can't even imagine, because there is no mind can enter there. 

I am ready to die, and I do not care or afraid of whatsoever. Because, I know what I am fundamentally. Do you know what are you fundamentally? 

I suggest you to stop reading the books and do the actual work. Because, as I see, you are full of knowledge, drop them all. Fuck them. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 hours ago, James123 said:

Knowing the path and walking the path different brother.

One doesn’t walk the Path.  It's beyond karma or morality.  That's all ego.  This is why via Knowing the Self, you don't need to be at any moral state or karma to become spiritually enlightened.  It's not based on that.  It's based on whether a person can Self-realize no matter what their dream character is doing.  In theory you could become spiritually enlightened and have really bad morals and really bad karma.  That dream character might change or it might not, but that wouldn't even be an issue because the Self doesn't control the self.  The rope doesn't control the snake that is mistakenly appearing on top of the rope just like a mirage is mistakenly appearing on top of the ground.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You don't walk the Path.  It's beyond karma or morality.  That's all ego.  This is why via Knowing the Self, you don't need to be at any stage or karma to become spiritually enlightened.   

Lol. Read more books brother. Specially no self books, which are at the kitchen next to the ketchup and mayo. 

Peace!!! 

5 hours ago, James123 said:

Lol. Read more books brother. Specially no self books, which are at the kitchen next to the ketchup and mayo. 

Peace!!! 

Funny you say that, tonight I’m finishing Adi Shankara’s “Commentaries on the 8 Principal Upanishads.”

💬 🗯️🤍

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Funny you say that, tonight I’m finishing Adi Shankara’s “Commentaries on the 8 Principal Upanishads.”

Good for you brother. 

Peace!!!

Much love!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

14 hours ago, James123 said:

I am ready to die, and I do not care or afraid of whatsoever. Because, I know what I am fundamentally. Do you know what are you fundamentally? 

I think the point Joseph is making is the fear of death is not in your control. You cannot just say you are fearless of death, and know that for certain. Not until the threat of death is actually happening to you in present tense. Only in present tense will you be able to know for certain that the fear of death is there or not. If some home intruder burst into your house and held you or your family at gunpoint … only until that actually happens will you know if you feel fear or not. You have no control over that. You will either, be aware there is fear there, or there isn’t fear there. But that will only be known for certain as and when the fear or no fear arises, one with the knowing awareness.

48 minutes ago, Jane said:

I think the point Joseph is making is the fear of death is not in your control. You cannot just say you are fearless of death, and know that for certain. Not until the threat of death is actually happening to you in present tense. Only in present tense will you be able to know for certain that the fear of death is there or not. If some home intruder burst into your house and held you or your family at gunpoint … only until that actually happens will you know if you feel fear or not. You have no control over that. You will either, be aware there is fear there, or there isn’t fear there. But that will only be known for certain as and when the fear or no fear arises, one with the knowing awareness.

How many times I have died, do you know? (Maybe 100) Have you ever died? As I said before, the path is not something you can read , you suppose to walk, you can not learn it. And it is beyond your imagination. Because, no mind can enter. 

14 minutes ago, James123 said:

How many times I have died, do you know? (Maybe 100) Have you ever died? As I said before, the path is not something you can read , you suppose to walk, you can not learn it. And it is beyond your imagination. Because, no mind can enter. 

But that’s just a different pointing to the same idea. It’s all the one love action dreaming difference where there is none.

There is no path, it’s pathless. Pathless is the path. 

The you that you think you are, that you’s only  existence is within the dream. There is no one here in the present. The dream is a secondary reality a conceptual overlay upon the nothingness of the immediate present one without a second.