Stood up for Myself for the First Time (Communication Breakthrough)

Orb

Posted this here, because it is the first time ive stood up for myself and quite frankly it feels weird in a good way...like im not the same person at all anymore and it just took that one step. 

Been realizing the True power of Honest Expression, ive realized that the quality of my life is DIRECTLY connected to the degree in which I am able to be honest with people. 

Everyone is willing to give me what I want, only my whole life I was never honest about what I wanted, so people gave me mixed signals...because I gave them mixed signals.

In having this realization unfold, ive seen the immediate power of honest expression and clear communication, it is extremely powerful, just realized its the throat chakra holy shit! Thanks throat chakra even though you are just a thought, love you bud!

Stood up for myself for the first time, stood up as in set boundaries, expressed my situation, and left the situation with the both of us moving on happily with our lives.

So I had this coworker who began to cross the lines in terms of jokes and started to say hurtful stuff, I enabled him to cross my boundaries due to previous conditionings in me, I let it slide for a long time, put up with the discord.

Then it hit me suddenly today that I can simply shift the quality of my life by being honest, as I mentioned earlier the quality of my life is directly connected to my ability to be honest. If I want to be treated respectfully, I simply (respectfully) ask for it if the person isnt doing so. So I ended up calling this coworker and straight up expressing that I didnt like to be told to shut up, or be the butt of jokes constantly and that I want us to communicate in a respectful/professional manner. He pretty much took it well and said "okay sure no problem(something along those lines)" and I said thank you and goodbye (politely of course).

Gotta say, I feel weird in a good way, so weird to see that people do indeed respond to my honest expression as long as I am treating them how I want to be treated! 

♾️

46 minutes ago, Orb said:

Thanks throat chakra even though you are just a thought, love you bud!

"Love you bud!" 🤣 omg, love it, too funny. 

I have the opposite problem. I have to bite my tongue to shut the hell up sometimes. Lol.

48 minutes ago, Orb said:

Gotta say, I feel weird in a good way, so weird to see that people do indeed respond to my honest expression as long as I am treating them how I want to be treated! 

So lovely. 💕

I think that's the key. Treating others how we want to be treated. I sometimes need a reminder of that, because I tend to be blunt when I speak.

I have to remember to think of the "heart-head-heart" method.  I learned that at one of my jobs. They said start off saying something that comes from the heart, then what your head needs to say and follow it up with a heart comment. I often forget though. Lol.

Screenshot_20220422-215035_Office.thumb.jpg.05f2c9394e652a4242f654cb76f0d3c9.jpg

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

@Faith 😊

I'm glad you're resonating.

This is random but I felt a "spark" from your post, like it feels amazing ❤️🙏. Feels like re-membering goodness. 

7 minutes ago, Faith said:

"Love you bud!" 🤣 

So lovely. 💕

I often forget though. Lol.

For forgetting, I'd say focus on sensation in the body as you communicate.

It ACTUALLY feels good when you communicate smoothly and confidently. 

If I can convey the sensation of clear communication I'd say it feels very light, transparent, and open hearted. 

♾️

19 minutes ago, Orb said:

This is random but I felt a "spark" from your post, like it feels amazing ❤️🙏. Feels like re-membering goodness

That's so sweet! I think I was only mirroring back to you your own goodness vibe! 💗

22 minutes ago, Orb said:

For forgetting, I'd say focus on sensation in the body as you communicate.

It ACTUALLY feels good when you communicate smoothly and confidently. 

If I can convey the sensation of clear communication I'd say it feels very light, transparent, and open hearted. 

No problem here with the confidence😁, but feeling into the body while I communicate needs more practice. Many blunt ppl live too much in the head, not the body, if that makes sense. So, I've been consciously making it a point to reverse this. 

💙

10 hours ago, Faith said:

"Love you bud!" 🤣 omg, love it, too funny. 

I have the opposite problem. I have to bite my tongue to shut the hell up sometimes. Lol.

So lovely. 💕

I think that's the key. Treating others how we want to be treated. I sometimes need a reminder of that, because I tend to be blunt when I speak.

I have to remember to think of the "heart-head-heart" method.  I learned that at one of my jobs. They said start off saying something that comes from the heart, then what your head needs to say and follow it up with a heart comment. I often forget though. Lol.

Screenshot_20220422-215035_Office.thumb.jpg.05f2c9394e652a4242f654cb76f0d3c9.jpg

So I doubt you were car salesman.🤣

4 minutes ago, Orb said:

a moment of silence for all nurses working hard and helping people 😶🙏

Yes, but not me anymore, I now work from home.😊

But, all healthcare workers are the bomb and need paid more. I'm actually making more money workong at home now, then I did when I was working with patients.  Something is wrong with that?

On 4/25/2022 at 1:02 PM, Orb said:

@Joseph Maynor totally get that, thank you! 

It's also a fine balance between letting the person know that bully shit won't fly, but at the same time sharing kindness with the person. 

the point isnt to "own" others, but to spread kindness and infect them.

Shyness about telling the truth is what enables bullying and bullies.  If you look at someone right in the eyes and tell the truth about what they're doing, almost everything they do after that is put into question.  Truth is the antidote to all manipulation.  And if they try to gaslight you about truth, tell them you know that's what they're doing too.  "Now you're gonna gaslight me about truth too!"  "You must think I'm a moron."  You can play with people like this.  But you have to have the guts to tell the truth and stick to your guns.  But you don't need to be hostile.  Firm, but with a slight smile like you can't believe they think you're that stupid is best! 

Edited by Joseph Maynor