Insight into the Nature of Judgement

Orb

It's become quite clear that really I'm the only one judging. When judgement settles down in direct experience, experience quiets down.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

"Judgement is stupid and you are all wrong! (except me)."

From GPT:

The word "judgment" has its roots in Latin and Old French. Here's a breakdown:

• Judgment: This word originates from the Latin "judicium," which combines "judex" (judge) with "-ium" (a suffix denoting an action or state).
  • Judex: In Latin, "judex" means "a judge" or "one who decides."
  • -ium: The suffix "-ium" is used to form abstract nouns expressing a state or condition, action, result, or relationship.

Over time, "judgment" has evolved to signify the ability to form an opinion or reach a decision objectively. It can refer to legal decisions, opinions formed about someone or something, or the act of assessing situations and making informed choices.

Huh, "one who decides."

2 hours ago, MetaSage said:

"Judgement is stupid and you are all wrong! (except me)."

From GPT:

Huh, "one who decides."

The kind of judgement I'm talking about is criticizing others or thinking harshly about others.

It's actually possible to not judge anyone at all even if they piss you off. Experience (the spheres) really empties out when judgements let go. It's a return to innocence which is emptiness, fullness, simplicity, etc. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

On 6/10/2024 at 7:54 AM, Phil said:

@Orb

So beautiful. 🥰

It's pretty nice to recognize that all the "good things" people have talked about are what remains when the veil fades. 

Like innocence for example, it's not actually a thing at all. It's just the absence of judgement. 

On 6/9/2024 at 7:50 PM, Orb said:

The kind of judgement I'm talking about is criticizing others or thinking harshly about others.

It's actually possible to not judge anyone at all even if they piss you off. Experience (the spheres) really empties out when judgements let go. It's a return to innocence which is emptiness, fullness, simplicity, etc. 

But isn't this just a judgment to not judge?  It sounds good.  You'll get commended for saying something like this.  But this is attachment just the same.  It's the doer.  I will not attach to such and such.  I can control what I attach to.  People should not judge.  I should not judge!   Etc.  It's beautiful ego., but ego nonetheless.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But isn't this just a judgment to not judge?  It sounds good.  You'll get commended for saying something like this.  But this is attachment just the same.  It's the doer.  I will not attach to such and such.  I can control what I attach to.  People should not judge.  I should not judge!   Etc.  It's beautiful ego.

It's simply the absence of judgement in direct experience. This isn't pushing judgment away or encouraging it, only just the letting go of it.

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

It's simply the absence of judgement in direct experience. This isn't pushing judgment away or encouraging it, only just the letting go of it.

Instead of detaching, which is just another form of attachment, I just realize there ain't no me that's judging.  I'm not doing the judging, so there is nothing to let go of.  It's just an ignorance regarding the illusion of the small self (the ego) that's seen through like the snake in the rope or the mirage on the horizon are seen through as illusions.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Instead of detaching, which is just another form of attachment, I just realize there ain't no me that's judging.  I'm not doing the judging, so there is nothing to let go of.  It's just an ignorance of the small self that's seen through like the snake in the rope is seen through as an illusion.  

I'm not speaking about detachment, I'm speaking about the absence of judgement.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Instead of detaching, which is just another form of attachment

Thought attachment is the believing of thoughts. Detaching, no longer believing thoughts, isn’t another form of attachment. 

That’s like saying not eating is another form of eating. 

Or not drinking is another form of drinking. 

Or abstinence is another form of sex. 

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

Thought attachment is the believing of thoughts. Detaching, no longer believing thoughts, isn’t another form of attachment. 

That’s like saying not eating is another form of eating. 

Or not drinking is another form of drinking. 

Or abstinence is another form of sex. 

Who is believing thoughts?  The Mind?  That logical Mind.  What is being said is: You can't beat Being with Mind.  ❤️

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What is a judgment?

Judgment in the way it's used in this thread refers to criticizing others or any kind of I'll will towards others or any thoughts about how this moment isn't enough.

Going further down the rabbit-hole of the peace of no longer holding on to judgment thoughts: the subtle belief of Other-ing fades. 

Suddenly "people" and everything involved in "people" such as the vibration of sound that comes when they speak or how they smell, behave, etc. is deeply enriching. 

47 minutes ago, Phil said:

One heck of a light show. 

It really is. Currently experiencing the resistance that arises from Other-ing. Behaviors arise like trying to impress, changing behavior in order to avoid being hurt in some way, stiffling of expression in order to avoid some perceived hurt or lashing out. 

Really it's a sea of Love, the whole show. It's a capacity for Unconditional Love that is being broken through, a breakthrough.