Feeling behind in my 25 years old.

Hi guys!

I have concerns in my path, I just realized that I am fully holding my responsibility for everything in life, in this case is financial responsibility. The challenge is I just realized it at 25 years old.

I am blind to financial literacy, I just read some books in financial terms and I was so blown away with the new information related to money. Because in the 25 years of my life no one talking about money and how money works in my social circle. I was just getting a comfy seat raised by my 2 middle-class parents, no worrying about no food for tomorrow. I have everything I need and am satisfied.

Everything worked fine until I got out of my job for some reason. 

I looked back to my university life. I regret wasting my 4 years in Uni so much on my toxic ex-girlfriend relationship. She drains me so much, I do not blame her because I am a coward at that time not having the guts to leave the relationship, but it is how it is.

For 4 years in a toxic relationship my passion for my work was gone. I almost didn't have anything to show up in my passion area. I am not developing any business from it. Now I facing adult life with little money knowledge.

I was naive and no adult guided me at that time. My bullshit intellectual pride is also holding me back at that time for asking for help.

I think I can do this. But Is it normal for a 25-year-old to feel behind? 

You need a concrete financial plan and a proper job. Better go job hunting. Look at what the market needs currently and if you have the skills. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

Just now, Reena said:

You need a concrete financial plan and a proper job. Better go job hunting. Look at what the market needs currently and if you have the skills. 

Thanks for your comment!

That's what currently I am doing. I am learning financial literature and also job seeking.

I also learned new skills which correlated with my possible future dream job.

7 hours ago, Menungso said:

I have concerns in my path, I just realized that I am fully holding my responsibility for everything in life, in this case is financial responsibility. The challenge is I just realized it at 25 years old.

Starting with this, can you see where this is one interpretation and is overwhelment felt with this interpretation?

The problem is I feel too old to start a business. I heard success stories from people around me that they started their success in their early 20s. I am also getting concerned about what everybody in my Instagram circle is doing, they are moving to something, to their financial at least from the surface.

The good thing is, I am on the way to my financial freedom now 🙂

34 minutes ago, Menungso said:

The problem is I feel too old to start a business. I heard success stories from people around me that they started their success in their early 20s. I am also getting concerned about what everybody in my Instagram circle is doing, they are moving to something, to their financial at least from the surface.

The good thing is, I am on the way to my financial freedom now 🙂

What does too old actually feel like?

Does appreciation for the abundance of energy & health feel aligned with financial freedom?

16 hours ago, Menungso said:

Hi guys!

I am blind to financial literacy, I just read some books in financial terms and I was so blown away with the new information related to money. Because in the 25 years of my life no one talking about money and how money works in my social circle. I was just getting a comfy seat raised by my 2 middle-class parents, no worrying about no food for tomorrow. I have everything I need and am satisfied.

Everything worked fine until I got out of my job for some reason. 

I looked back to my university life. I regret wasting my 4 years in Uni so much on my toxic ex-girlfriend relationship. She drains me so much, I do not blame her because I am a coward at that time not having the guts to leave the relationship, but it is how it is.

For 4 years in a toxic relationship my passion for my work was gone. I almost didn't have anything to show up in my passion area. I am not developing any business from it. Now I facing adult life with little money knowledge.

I was naive and no adult guided me at that time. My bullshit intellectual pride is also holding me back at that time for asking for help.

I think I can do this. But Is it normal for a 25-year-old to feel behind? 

You're good man! I know people who kicked their lives into gear in their 40s and are living better now because of it. It's never too late imo

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Phil said:

What does too old actually feel like?

Does appreciation for the abundance of energy & health feel aligned with financial freedom?

Feels immobilised to do something important. 

Yes, energy and health feel aligned with financial freedom. 

@Phil

Edited by Menungso

10 hours ago, Menungso said:

Feels immobilised to do something important. 

Yes, energy and health feel aligned with financial freedom. 

@Phil

This is admittedly a bit challenging, but I’m ostensibly 49, and never feel old at all. Why is that? How can that be?

How can our experiences as it were, be so dramatically different?

Appreciation & abundance - Does appreciation for the abundance of energy & health feel aligned with financial freedom?

It really is the interpretation(s) which are not resonating / which are tiring, draining, exhausting, etc. 

Are you open to different interpretations which are aligned and unfetter energy & inspiration?

Fun facts: 

The current record for the most marathons run by a couple is held by David and Linda Major who set the record in their 60’s.

Gladys Burrill, also noteworthy, ran her first marathon at the age of 86 and completed five more after that. 

@Phil I think it is caused by social stigma I believe, which means that my mind and yours have significantly different limiting beliefs.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Appreciation & abundance - Does appreciation for the abundance of energy & health feel aligned with financial freedom?

I believe so..

16 minutes ago, Menungso said:

@Phil I think it is caused by social stigma I believe, which means that my mind and yours have significantly different limiting beliefs.

Could it be more direct?

As in, how some interpretations feel?

If so, in that case, there wouldn’t be a cause.  There would just be interpretations which feel off, which could be inspected and aligned, and therein there would be no more experience of ‘feeling too old’. There’s (seemingly) a lot ‘twisted up’ interpretation / op wise, which can be untwisted / clarified. This is the same as saying there is an experience of suffering which one can be relieved of. 

It’s a “the devil’s in the details” situation, and if you’d like ‘my two cents’ just let me know. 

On 5/28/2024 at 10:58 PM, Phil said:

As in, how some interpretations feel?

Feels, limiting almost handcuffing feeling. 

On 5/28/2024 at 10:58 PM, Phil said:

There would just be interpretations which feel off, which could be inspected and aligned, and therein there would be no more experience of ‘feeling too old’. There’s (seemingly) a lot ‘twisted up’ interpretation / op wise, which can be untwisted / clarified. This is the same as saying there is an experience of suffering which one can be relieved of. 

@PhilThis is a good thing to know! The twisted-up interpretations I think are based solely on the feeling. When the feeling changes, the interpretation changes.

Question for a different context, how do we alleviate the uncomfortable feelings which we call suffering that arise so often due to our humanness? I called it humanness because I agree with the idea that negative emotions are the consequence of human conditions.

9 minutes ago, Menungso said:

Question for a different context, how do we alleviate the uncomfortable feelings which we call suffering that arise so often due to our humanness? I called it humanness because I agree with the idea that negative emotions are the consequence of human conditions.

We aren’t experiencing uncomfortable feelings or suffering.