About Fear

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Lesson 240:

"Fear is not justified in any form."
ACIM Lesson 240 (ACIM Foundation).

Yup, though is tried to be presented as justified with concepts such as "aversion", "suppression", "avoidance", "tranformation" etc.

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

The lion analogy is representative of that there isn’t fear for a lion to bypass. 

“Just bypass fear” is that of a lion under the impression it is a sheep by pretending to be a lion. 

There is an emotion fear.

Bypassing fear is: not placing meaning or value on fear. Not justifying it.

Fear is actually allowed to be felt when it's allowed to be bypassed.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

33 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Yup, though is tried to be presented as justified with concepts such as "aversion", "suppression", "avoidance", "tranformation" etc.

Suppressed emotion projected onto an ‘trier’ or ‘the one who is trying’.

Aversion, suppression, avoidance and transformation have nothing to do with a (the implied) ‘trier’. 

33 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

There is an emotion fear.

Bypassing fear is: not placing meaning or value on fear. Not justifying it.

Fear is actually allowed to be felt when it's allowed to be bypassed.

Emotion denotes how thoughts feel, including thoughts about there being a placer placing, a justifier justifying or an allower allowing. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Suppressed emotion projected onto an ‘trier’ or ‘the one who is trying’.

Aversion, suppression, avoidance and transformation have nothing to do with a (the implied) ‘trier’. 

There was no implication of a trier. Similarly as there is no implication of an averter, a supresser, an avoider, a transformer in what is writen above. Or is there? It's starting to get confusing.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Emotion denotes how thoughts feel, including thoughts about there being a placer placing, a justifier justifying or an allower allowing. 

There was no implication of a placer, a justifier or an allower.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

26 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

There was no implication of a trier.

Thanks for clarifying. 

5 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

What is tried to be presented? What’s that about?

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

What is tried to be presented? What’s that about?

What is tried to be presented is discordant beliefs which "hold" fear in place (continues it's appearance), rather than allows focus to shift on something else.

"If fear is averted from and suppressed, there will be no transformation"

Aversion, suppression and transformation is assumed to be known.

And focus remains in the experience of fear and is not allowed to naturally shift. Like holding the cork down vs. allowing it to rise to the surface.

45 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

What is tried to be presented is discordant beliefs which "hold" fear in place (continues it's appearance), rather than allows focus to shift on something else.

Sorry, I’m still at a loss for what “tried to be presented” means or what it’s about as in what is being presented and what is trying to present. 

"If fear is averted from and suppressed, there will be no transformation"

That doesn’t really resonate. 

Aversion, suppression and transformation is assumed to be known.

How so? As in things? 

And focus remains in the experience of fear and is not allowed to naturally shift. Like holding the cork down vs. allowing it to rise to the surface.

Who or what is the assertion, or what doesn’t allow or isn’t allowing focus?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Sorry, I’m still at a loss for what “tried to be presented” means or what it’s about as in what is being presented and what is trying to present. 

"Tried" as in a conceptual narrative is presented but is not believed.

What is trying to present these concepts and narratives seems to be some black text on a white background with a larger text saying "Phil" on top.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

That doesn’t really resonate. 

Exactly. What resonates more is simply focusing on something else than such thoughts, which is meant by "bypassing fear".

1 hour ago, Phil said:

How so? As in things? 

Things, activity, happenings, yes.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Who or what is the assertion, or what doesn’t allow or isn’t allowing focus?

Belief.

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

"Tried" as in a conceptual narrative is presented but is not believed.

What is trying to present these concepts and narratives seems to be some black text on a white background with a larger text saying "Phil" on top.

Thanks. Are you basically saying Phil is suggesting a discordant conceptual narrative? 

What is the narrative?

Exactly. What resonates more is simply focusing on something else than such thoughts, which is meant by "bypassing fear".

Sounds like listening to the guidance. What about the change of interpretation, ‘seeing’ why the thought was discordant?

Things, activity, happenings, yes.

In direct experience? 

Belief.

What belief? 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Thanks. Are you basically saying Phil is suggesting a discordant conceptual narrative? 

This doesn't matter, and it's not useful to even answer that because then the conversation would be directed to whether there is a Phil or not, and the actual subject of the conversation would be dismissed with irrelevant remarks.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

What is the narrative?

That bypassing fear is some sort of aversion, suppression or "spiritual bypassing" rather than some kind of "feeling fully" or acknowledgement of emotions, which would bring about positive, wanted results which bypassing fear would not bring.

This is a narrative based on an assumed separate self & time. "Feeling fully" is a similar suggestion to "being in the present". Is it possible to be out of the present? Therein "being in the present" is actually an impossibe task. Is it possible to not feel fully? Is there degrees to how much is felt? Therein "feeling fully" is an impossible task.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

What about the change of interpretation, ‘seeing’ why the thought was discordant?

It may be inspected of course.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

In direct experience? 

Take a picture of aversion and suppression of emotions and I'll have a look.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

What belief? 

Thoughts about a self in time.

22 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

This doesn't matter, and it's not useful to even answer that because then the conversation would be directed to whether there is a Phil or not, and the actual subject of the conversation would be dismissed with irrelevant remarks.

Pessimism is guidance. Precognition can really be experienced though.

That bypassing fear is some sort of aversion, suppression or "spiritual bypassing" rather than some kind of "feeling fully" or acknowledgement of emotions, which would bring about positive, wanted results which bypassing fear would not bring.

Bypassing fear seems to sometimes mean feeling fear if fear arises and sometimes seems to mean, suppressing or ignoring fear. The relevant point is the interpretation for which fear is guidance for, changing. It’s very ‘the proof is in the pudding’ though.

This is a narrative based on an assumed separate self & time. "Feeling fully" is a similar suggestion to "being in the present". Is it possible to be out of the present? Therein "being in the present" is actually an impossibe task. Is it possible to not feel fully? Is there degrees to how much is felt? Therein "feeling fully" is an impossible task.

The term feeling fully triggers discordant beliefs. Otherwise it wouldn’t be clingy, debated, etc. It’s triggering as it relates to spiritual bypassing. In a nutshell, concepts, presumptions, assumption, distractions, deflections, projections, etc.… Rather than inward self discovery.