Posted (edited)

Now this... is almost a bit too fucking tight! haha! I can barely  squeeze myself through it haha! So fucking good. And hilarious too.

These guys are enlightenment level 9000, and above.

THAT FIRST RIFF IS JUST GOLD!

Edited by ivankiss

Posted (edited)

Nice remaster!  I can tell they set the vocals back a touch in the mix and brought up the rhythm guitar and mids up a touch.  Sounds better to me.  One of my favorite albums.  Adrian Smith is fun to listen for on this album, he's one of my favorite guitarists -- both rhythm and lead guitar.  Adrian Smith has a more brilliant almost otherworldly style, whereas Dave Murray has a cleaner more straight in the tone style.  They complement each other kinda like Brian Robertson and Scott Gorham do in Thin Lizzy.  Brian Robertson is more like Adrian Smith and Scott Gorham is more like Dave Murray.  In "Flash of the Blade" I'm pretty sure Dave Murray plays the first lead guitar solo and Adrian Smith plays the second one.  In "Back in the Village" Adrian Smith plays the first lead guitar solo and Dave Murray plays that very short second one.  The slow parts in the songs "Powerslave" and "The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" kinda reminds me of the slow parts in the songs "Master of Puppets" and "Orion" by Metallica.  This album though is clearly influenced by Thin Lizzy in a great way too.  Dave Murray takes the first lead long guitar solo in "The Rhyme of The Ancient Mariner" and Adrian Smith takes the short second one!  They flipped that around from how they did it in "Back in the Village".  

Bruce Dickinson – lead and backing vocals
Adrian Smith – rhythm and lead guitar
Dave Murray – rhythm and lead guitar
Steve Harris – bass guitar, backing vocals
Nicko McBrain – drums

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)

@ivankiss Going back to childhood for me on this one.  I still love this album. 

Vinny Appice is one of my favorite drummers.  Vivian Campbell is such a great guitar player (both rhythm and lead on this album).  His lead guitar solo on 'Eat Your Heart Out' is amazing, he has an interesting and unique style.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)

One of my favorite albums.  D.D. Verni stands out on bass on this album.  He's one of my favorite bass guitar players.  This might be my favorite Overkill album, although that's a tough one.  Bobby Gustafson is one of the best metal guitarists of all time.  I appreciate Sid Falk's minimalistic, crip, and technical drumming style.

Bobby Ellsworth – lead and backing vocals
Bobby Gustafson – rhythm and lead guitar
D.D. Verni – bass guitar, backing vocals (shouts)
Sid Falck – drums

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)

What a great remaster!  I love the tone of the rhythm guitar parts throughout this album.  It's distorted but in a kind of light, harmonious way.  The twin-guitar leads are on full display on this album (Thin Lizzy influence).

Try to tell guitarists Dave Murray and Adrian Smith apart on this album!  I could be wrong on these but I thought it would be fun to try.

Lead guitar solos: (by track)

1.  First: Murray, Second: Smith (back to back solos)
2.  Smith
3.  Murray
4.  First: Murray,  second: Smith
5.  First: Murray,  Second: Smith (back to back solos)
6.  First: Harris on bass, Second: Murray
7.  No real guitar solo

8.  First: Murray, Second: Smith

Bruce Dickinson -- lead and backing vocals
Adrian Smith -- rhythm and lead guitar
Dave Murray -- rhythm and lead guitar
Steve Harris -- bass guitar, backing vocals
Nicko McBrain -- drums

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

To free myself, I make a choice
Just to be heard I lose my voice

Finding strength in solitude
I fight to fly with much to prove
Is this the way it's meant to be?
I risk it all, I will not fall

Carry the weight of the world
On my shoulders
Rise to the challenge I set myself

Eric Peterson's rhythm guitar on 'C.O.T.L.O.D' and 'Do or Die' are amazing!  Louie Clemente is an interesting drummer to listen to -- he has his own style (equal parts technical and intuitive).  'Apocalyptic City' is a cool song.

Chuck Billy – vocals
Alex Skolnick – lead guitar
Eric Peterson – rhythm guitar
Greg Christian – bass guitar
Louie Clemente – drums

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

This is a great remaster!  Clive Burr is one of my favorite drummers -- simple yet subtly complex, and powerful with feeling.  Steve Harris is on fire on this album on bass guitar (genius level bass guitar).  I like how he meshes really well with Clive Burr's drumming.  You can hear this on 'Children Of The Damned'.  The rhythm guitar/backing guitar/harmony guitar on this album is brilliant, and I like how both Smith and Murray play together to contribute to this.  It's much harder to distinguish between Adrian Smith and Dave Murray as to lead guitar solos on this album for me -- but I can make some headway if I pay very close attention I'm finding.  

Bruce Dickinson – lead and backing vocals
Adrian Smith – rhythm and lead guitar
Dave Murray – rhythm and lead guitar
Steve Harris – bass guitar, backing vocals
Clive Burr – drums

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍