When you miss a step, walking down a stairway

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Phil from where did you get the insight that there is no separate selves or no separation at all?  Did you experience it first hand in maybe a psychedelic trip or deep meditation or is it just hearsay from nonduality books and spiritual teachers who are the trend now Ib the west teaching Yoga and Meditation and nonduality?  Basically watering down eastern philosophy for western audiences? 

I feel like one of the traps of science that kind of influenced everyone in maybe a bad way is the idea that direct experience or the senses are some kind of epistemological safe-zone for knowledge testing.  Now almost everyone assumes that "direct experience" or what is perceived through the 5 senses is the starting point for knowledge.  But the assumptions here are not considered.  Even with psychedelics it's assumed that what is experienced is valuable.  Well, if you look at Advaita Vedanta, the senses and objects of sense are questioned, and it's Transcendental Knowledge developed by seers down the ages which is the starting point for Truth.  But that's not seen as valid in science because science only considers what can be perceived as having any validity.  But there might be Knowledge that is much deeper than that such as what is the Witness that is there?  Science can't solve that problem.  It's sometimes called the Hard Problem of Consciousness in Western Philosophy.  I actually cringe sometimes when people talk about "direct experience" because I understand the pros and cons of this approach. and it's almost never questioned.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

17 hours ago, Phil said:

It’s the same as saying look with what certainty conclusions about unicorns, no unicorns, other unicorns, no other unicorns are being thrown around. Check direct experience amply, there aren’t really unicorns already. This isn’t a conclusion a unicorn comes to. 

Oh dear Phil... The love and respect I got for you...

I precisely understand what you mean. I hear loud and clear every word. I just do not agree with, approve of or would advocate these ways. Because they are... ways. And there are many, many other ways.

Of course there is only ever pure, uninterrupted, unlimited consciousness.

Of course there is no one to be found (or lost) anywhere, not now, not ever.

Of course there cannot be separation of any kind. There is nothing to separate and no one to separate from.

I understand now, because I know that it is not meant to be understood. Outside of understanding, outside of thought, is home.

I burned for that Truth. 

I yearned to understand and know and capture the essence of existence. I wanted it so much, I ended up hurting myself, way more than necessary, way too many times.

The fire I walked through back then, like many before me, is the same fire I now see others heading towards, or already being caught in.

I can take a deep breath, smile and 'snap out' of all these ideas, in a blink of an eye. I know that's where peace always is.

'Someone else'... might not. Like I once did, someone else might remain in those thoughts. Someone else might not find their way out. Someone else might take every word for granted and blindly believe in ideas such as:

'Of course there is only ever pure, uninterrupted, unlimited consciousness.

Of course there is no one to be found (or lost) anywhere, not now, not ever.

Of course there cannot be separation of any kind. There is nothing to separate and no one to separate from.'

'Just because something is true, doesn't necessarily mean it's helpful.'

LIES

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What the enlightened master could have said is I'm not in this car.   

That would have been űber lamé 🤣 That's exactly what 'an enlightened master' would never ever say.

The rest was way too hardcore eastern spiritual gibberism, did not understand a thing 😅 

JK

Good to see you here my man!

7 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Oh dear Phil... The love and respect I got for you...

I precisely understand what you mean. I hear loud and clear every word. I just do not agree with, approve of or would advocate these ways. Because they are... ways. And there are many, many other ways.

So now there’s a unicorn disagreeing with a unicorn about it’s ways about there not being unicorns. God bless nonduality. 

It’s the same as saying look with what certainty conclusions about unicorns, no unicorns, other unicorns, no other unicorns are being thrown around. Check direct experience amply, there aren’t really unicorns already. This isn’t a conclusion a unicorn comes to. 

26 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Is the way referred to found in direct experience? 

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

From the 'how's point of view'... it happenes in reverse, or backwards. 😉

🤷‍♂️ This how with a pov is sounding a lot like a unicorn. 

41 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

31 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Of course that's what's being highlighted 😄

9 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

The way is found in and should lead out of thought.

If the way isn’t a thought in accordance with direct experience, post a picture of it