Discipline By Force

11 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

because I am stupid and didn't change my major

How old are you?

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Just now, Isagi Yoichi said:

Oh lol, makes sense. Same age as me. It's normal to complain about just getting shit done until you have no choice but to be an adult.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@Isagi Yoichi

Thoughts might arise… and pessimism may be felt. 

Do the same. Allow pessimism to be fully felt. 

Feel free to share whatever those thoughts are. Doesn’t matter if it’d otherwise be labelled as bitching, complaining, venting, etc. It’s encouraged. How thoughts & interpretations feel has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks about it. One aspect is it’s about expression, letting it out. 

@Isagi Yoichi

Then of course, boredom.

Boredom is indeed quite boring, like peace… but peace which is without frustration & pessimism.

So if thoughts arise as boredom is considered, and frustration and or pessimism is felt… express (share here if you like, it’s encouraged) those thoughts. 

Let em out. Empty the barrels! Burn this whole place down brother. 

Posted (edited)

@Phil 

I asked u about the feeling in the chest before it's a weird sweet feeling is it contentment & peace or just vitality & awareness? It magnifies when I meditate whenever I feel it I do a meditation session to dwell more on it.

then it fades and returns after a short time so I guess it's a feeling up on the scale

Edited by Isagi Yoichi

:IMG_0991:

14 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

this college shit has been a problem for me since I finished school 

All will resolve itself. You're okay, everything is okay. Even if it's annoying rn it's Okay. 

25 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

@Phil

IDK what I am feeling lol I did 10 min meditation I feel calm 

Awesome. It’s nice noticing the horseshit dissipates all on it’s own isn’t it? As opposed to it having to be solved etc. 

25 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

this college shit has been a problem for me since I finished school 

Yeah, how so? 

18 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

@Phil 

I asked u about the feeling in the chest before it's a weird sweet feeling is it contentment & peace or just vitality & awareness? It magnifies when I meditate whenever I feel it I do a meditation session to dwell more on it.

then it fades and returns after a short time so I guess it's a feeling up on the scale

Thought appears about… and conceptualizes (the sweetness) as ‘a feeling’. Then it seems like feeling is plural, as if there are feelings. 

Meditation, allowing thought activity to settle, feeling is un-obscured, seems more pronounced (also technically according to thought). 

Then thought again arises with context, about how ‘the feeling’, as if a thing or object, magnifies when an I, as if a thing or subject, meditates. 

Therein, the distinction of emotions scale wise, and guidance for thoughts wise (as opposed to feelings). 

As emotions like frustration & pessimism are ‘felt into’ fully… no separation is found in feeling directly, (as compared to thoughts about feeling, implying separation)…  just the total awesomeness that you are. Ineffable. (‘Sweetness’). 

The significance put on saying ‘peace be his name’ is pretty wise, isn’t it?

It brings the source of thoughts to attention.